My new dilemma when picking a car. (1 Viewer)

turntaker

HSC
I still don't know what car I'm getting next

turntaker

HSC
Something rwd , manual , p plate legal , fun and easy to maintain

ameher

HSC
Will update you once I pick up the car tomorrow. C300 for sedan or coupe? The sedan C300 is the diesel hybrid which one of my friends has and overall the performance benefit is marginal and not necessarily worth the premium over the C250d. If it's the coupe C300 where it's a higher tune of the 2L petrol engine, then that is quite a good choice and if a coupe would suit my lifestyle (or anticipated lifestyle) then I would've done that for sure.
Thanks for the insight, its the Coupe, we were thinking of the 420i beamer, but i cant fault the Coupe on design and performance.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Thanks for the insight, its the Coupe, we were thinking of the 420i beamer, but i cant fault the Coupe on design and performance.
420i is incomparable with C300 Coupe. If you were comparing with C200 then it'd make more sense. General reviews say MB looks better and is more impressive, but the 4 series is sportier to drive and slightly better value as you can negotiate on price.

EDIT: here's an aussie comparison of C300 and 430i > http://www.caradvice.com.au/483016/mercedes-benz-c300-coupe-v-bmw-430i-comparison/

Havox

HSC
Uni Grad
I've driven the 425i and prefer the drive to the C300 coupe, prefer the drivetrain, handling dynamics and aesthetics. For sedans though I'd flip back and go MB.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Whilst I love the exterior of the BMW 3/4 series and the drive, they do need to lift their game in terms of specs and interiors given the competition from both MB and Audi. Audi may not have as much cred but it's a far better value proposition since there's much more negotiation room on the price. If it wasn't for the fact that the 2.0 isn't P plater friendly, I probably would've gone with an A4 since it was a few grand cheaper than my C250d with comparable option packs.

Havox

HSC
Uni Grad
Whilst I love the exterior of the BMW 3/4 series and the drive, they do need to lift their game in terms of specs and interiors given the competition from both MB and Audi. Audi may not have as much cred but it's a far better value proposition since there's much more negotiation room on the price. If it wasn't for the fact that the 2.0 isn't P plater friendly, I probably would've gone with an A4 since it was a few grand cheaper than my C250d with comparable option packs.
How's the new C treating you so far mate?

wannaspoon

ремове кебаб
HSC
Uni Grad
Get a Nissan Cube... No joke, best car ever made... Only con is that it is down on power, has the aesthetics requiring an acquired taste and is not very good on the aero (you can hear how bad the aero is on the freeway... :lol: )... 35 Litre petrol tank lasts me about 400km easy...

Fits your mates, feels like you're driving a couch...

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Get a Nissan Cube... No joke, best car ever made... Only con is that it is down on power, has the aesthetics requiring an acquired taste and is not very good on the aero (you can hear how bad the aero is on the freeway... :lol: )... 35 Litre petrol tank lasts me about 400km easy...

Fits your mates, feels like you're driving a couch...
Sounds practical at least? I can't wait until I can afford to have a two car garage... one practical, one fun. Until then, practical takes priority but I have to admit it's been hella useful having a decent sized car (not even an SUV) for moving stuff and IKEA furniture.

wannaspoon

ремове кебаб
HSC
Uni Grad
Sounds practical at least? I can't wait until I can afford to have a two car garage... one practical, one fun. Until then, practical takes priority but I have to admit it's been hella useful having a decent sized car (not even an SUV) for moving stuff and IKEA furniture.
fun = motorcycle;
practical = car...

No need for two car garage... :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)