My ranks is only 14/24 in Ancient. (1 Viewer)

giggitygig

HSC
We just did a speech this term, and I got 20/30. It was worth 10%, and so I am on 6.7/10, and a rank of equal 14th. I really want/ed to finish 6-7/24, but I would have to half my rank to do that, which will be hard. How can I do this? We have four more internal tasks this coming year, one is worth 25%, one 10%, one 25% and one 30%.

HSC
Your rank depends on how well the people in your class go compared to you, so don't think about it. &it's only your first assessment. You've got heaps more to come :p

You only completed 10%, you still have 90% left. You can get a very high mark if you study. && speeches tend to be the hardest, everything else you can prepare for, like essays and exams. Just focus and you'll be fine. &if you need help ask people here or your teachers :)

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
giggitygig said:
We just did a speech this term, and I got 20/30. It was worth 10%, and so I am on 6.7/10, and a rank of equal 14th. I really want/ed to finish 6-7/24, but I would have to half my rank to do that, which will be hard. How can I do this? We have four more internal tasks this coming year, one is worth 25%, one 10%, one 25% and one 30%.
It's really quite simple, you double the amount of effort you have been putting in so far, you work your ass off, hand in plenty of draft essays in for your teacher to mark before you hand in the final assessment and read plenty of texts.

Marks go up, ranks go up (so long as your other class mates don't all of a sudden start doing the same as you effort wise)

dp624

HSC
you have a LOT more assessments to make it up in, don;'t worry

x.Exhaust.x

Retired Member
HSC
jellybelly59 said:
completely smash all your other assessment tasks.... that's the only way to do it LOL :)
Qft :). Forget about it, you can't change anything (unless you sneak into the HSIE faculty room, log onto their computers, open Excel and win :party:)

bubblesss

HSC
x.Exhaust.x said:
Qft :). Forget about it, you can't change anything (unless you sneak into the HSIE faculty room, log onto their computers, open Excel and win :party:)
LOL Reshad, u need a password to log onto their computers.:p

jennieTalia

HSC
Dont worry too much.
I had some TERRIBLE ranks after my first lot of assessments. They are worth the least, and the most IMPORTANT thing you can do is struggle on, DO WELL IN THE TRIALS and just gun it pretty much.

What topics are you doing? I was an Ancient girl, so if any are the same then I will help all I can :)

I love Ancient!

jennieTalia

HSC
bradman said:
You'll be fine. It's not hard to increase your rank when 90% of your internal mark hasn't been decided yet.

Btw, I was ranked 13th out of ~40 at my school. I got a HSC mark of 92 (It was a selective school though). So stop worrying ;)
I came first out of a class of 12. And got a uai of 96.2 non-selective school.

I topped each assessment though. But its the same with all subjects.

For instance: In modern history I screwed up an assessment BIG TIME bringing my report ranking mid-year to about halfway, possibly nearer bottom, in the class. Was way depressed. But because I topped the trial (worth more than most assessments etc) and did well on all the others I came first out of a class of about 14.

live.fast

HSC
N/A
You'll be alright.

The jump should be easy, because there's only 3.3 marks separating 14 students. If you approach it from that perspective, gaining only ONE extra mark in the next assessment gives you a 5 person jump in your rank.

Crazy, neh? :p

smile4life

HSC
N/A
you'll be fine as long as you do well in the rest of the tasks.
just do your best :)

LordPc

HSC
lol, ur kidding right?

you have 90% of the course still to go and you are only a couple marks behind. when you are down to the last assessment task and you are coming last, then you should start worrying about your rank.

but for now, a little more study and you should be doing fine. seriously, its only 3 marks, if you really want to come 6-7, then it shouldnt be a problem.

studentcheese

HSC
It's not too late to boost those marks up, however, if you are aiming for first place, I think it's over.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)