MY SCHOOL RUINED MY TRIALS (Cheating) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cannonrun

HSC
JimMorrison said:
I'm not talking about my actions... I'm talking about what Jason said to Zohab.

Matt I didnt say anything to zohab about race or religion... your just making up bullshit again.

chops

HSC
helper:
firstly we are not told to discuss papers, if i had say a girlfriend at the other school and did not ask her how the exam went this would be rude. the notion that we should not discuss papers with other schools is riduculous and i don't know where your getting such an idea from

sceondly, no one discussed papers with the intention of gaining an unfair advantage, i think youve mistunderstood the situation. We have the expectation that the trial sat by our closest school on a different day is a different test, its just common sense. The students are not at fault i think you need to reasses the situation because your shooting way off mark. No one intentionally cheated

chops

HSC
without wings:
if the school sets a new exam for the person who missed it i see that as extremely unfair how then would the school standardise the marks as a year group? the test may be harder or easier.
whether the test was removed or not, in all practicality is irrelevant, the advantage gained through discussion would be the same as through perusal of the paper

helper

HSC
N/A
I wasn't saying anyone delibrately cheated. I am saying, what occurs in most cases where an individual has access to a paper beforehand.
In this case and the CSSA English exam, where a large proportion of the students were found to have had an advantage they have decided to take the other option of making everyone resit.

Discussion will occur, which is why in most cases, schools make changes to the paper, so it can be seen if anyone has had an unfair advantage.

JimMorrison

HSC
N/A
Without Wings said:
As has already been said, the problem wasn't in regards to students finding out what was in the Griffith High exam through discussion, but the fact that the exam paper was removed from the Griffith High exam.
HOLY CRAP DOG BALLS BATMAN BULLSHIT WHAT THE HELL.............. ARGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH IM NOT EVEN GOING TO START

Without Wings said:
I can't recall a racist remark from memory, but please quote him for me, as that is not appropriate.
Allegedly on msn.... just what I was told.

helper

HSC
N/A
chops said:
without wings:
if the school sets a new exam for the person who missed it i see that as extremely unfair how then would the school standardise the marks as a year group? the test may be harder or easier.
Is that more or less unfair than the student who sits it late and discusses it with their friend?
Schools are in a no win situation.
They give the same exam andd someone passes on the questions. Its unfair
They sit a new paper. People complain it isn't the same difficulty.
They give the student an assessed mark based on past marks. Its unfair they didn't have to sit the exam.

chops

HSC
you said "the problem wasnt in regards to.." your talking problem in terms of breech of official protocol
were talking about problem in terms of common f-ing sense and practicality

chops

HSC
helper please stay on topic we are not discussing the issue of sumone who has missed the exam, youve made a clear point that unfairness is inevitable in this case
now please please take on board that in our case unfairness was avoidable!! in fact its nothing short or utterly ridiculous that such a thing could happen so easily. department protocols are a joke- they obviously dont work as the incident that occured was not covered by them.

cannonrun

HSC
zohab has sunken into making up shit both on the forums and on msn. I didnt say anything racist to him, nor did i mention nationality or religion in any way.

chops

HSC
i have zohabs calculator
it smelt like curry
so i licked it

helper

HSC
N/A
chops said:
helper please stay on topic we are not discussing the issue of sumone who has missed the exam, youve made a clear point that unfairness is inevitable in this case
I'll rememberI can't comment on this but you can in an earlier answer

As I said before. Security breaches occur every year
How many times can I say, some of the paper should have been changed.
As I have also said, when you have 3 schools in close geographical proximity, there should be discussion on exam dates and what exams are used.

Yes it is a bad situatiuon and it is up to individual schools to avoid the problems. The question is, do students gain more by using an externally set exam than an internally one and do these advantages outweigh the risk of security.

cannonrun

HSC
chops said:
i have zohabs calculator
it smelt like curry
so i licked it
chops is a mad bastard!! :) His bday gives away his identity

+

I know this exam would not of been fair if they had not resat it again... that was the first part of this thread mainly. And the system is imperfect.... thats life... get over it! If everything in life was completely fair and unbiased the world would not work :) It is impossible to make anything completely fair, because even fairness is a subjective belief. You can get more philosophical than this, but to have a working system that are going to be faults. If there was any easy way to fix them they would of been fixed but there isnt.

k_jones

HSC
hahahahaha, ok finally time to say something, to the helper man, your intensions are good but you are not in the situation we are in so you will have a diferent view of course. snap back to reality but dude, you say where not alloud to talk about the papers? we tell the coons they are not alloud to steal.....does this mean coons are not going to steal? i dont care if you have an "educated Opinion" on what im saying.

Karen.... what you are saying is quite ironic, you say that matt and so are making up their own assumptions on what our group is thinking...." don't make assumptions for the rest of your year group please". your assuming you know what the group thinks. In this soceity majority rules, i dont care if people want to express their own opinions on the fact, i usally respect the fact and honour what people are trying to say.....but in this case.... we are the majority and thats all that matters, jason can go againts everyone.... but i think hes just trying fit into the situation in his own way, as i am doing now.

haha this is a joke...peace out niggas

chops

HSC
helper im glad you made that point, the schools SHOULD collaborate to some extent, our school has done nothing but pass the buck on easy targets such as other schools who werent present to defend themselves and even upon the students, the victims of the ordeal.
what you have said settles the argument in my mind, our school is partly responsible for the mix up and should take responsibility and at least offer an apology
cannonrun thanks for ur compliment, your right the system doesnt work, but thats what sociological advance is all about, improving the system

war_ali

HSC
helper said:
As I have also said, when you have 3 schools in close geographical proximity, there should be discussion on exam dates and what exams are used.

Yes it is a bad situatiuon and it is up to individual schools to avoid the problems. The question is, do students gain more by using an externally set exam than an internally one and do these advantages outweigh the risk of security.
Should be discussion on exam dates? that's not your arguement thats all of ours.

Internally ? how can *Anyone* gain from an internally set exam? if its easy, Whatever, the scalling will be the same and the order should still stay correct.

i dont understand.. so you're agreeing with us now?

JimMorrison

HSC
N/A
helper said:

Yes it is a bad situatiuon and it is up to individual schools to avoid the problems.
Those comments are a bit contradictory don't you think?

Thats what we are trying to say, but obviously each school is independent and okay... if only a singular date was allowed for each exam then this wouldn't have happened... whats that? the school can't have it on that date because of an important even? well then, the company sells them a different exam that is allocated for a different date. if not, tough biccies, they lose buisness.

A whole allocated timetable isn't neccessary because it would be up to the schools, there are already multiple companies and these multiple companies could make multiple exams... the schools could work for this... the schools don't buy EVERY paper for all the subjects.

chops

HSC
i am studying, as i have been for weeks, i did 12 hours yesterday, i spent endless hours on that first english exam, can you not sympathise with that time being wasted? i musta put a working weeks wroth of time into that exam. and our school and the system let me and everyone else down

helper

HSC
N/A
war_ali said:
Should be discussion on exam dates? that's not your arguement thats all of ours.
I am saying that there can be some discussion of exam dates locally but it isn't possible to do this over the whole state, so it is impossible for a company to set an exam date. I also said this in my first post on the topic

Internally ? how can *Anyone* gain from an internally set exam? if its easy, Whatever, the scalling will be the same and the order should still stay correct.

i dont understand.. so you're agreeing with us now?
You need to remember as well as an assessment these exams are their as a learning process, to improve your exam technique and become aware of how the HSC will be.
Depending on the school you are at, depends on the experience of the staff with respect to marking standards and ability to set questions. Teachers, unintentionally in most cases, set exams using the same interpretation of the syllabus as they taught. This means questions tend to be in a form similar to what students have been taught. An external exam will have different interpretations to what the teacher uses, so students become exposed to these variations.
Also at schools with staff who have not been marking, the marking standards are used to try and ensure students realise the standard that is required in the HSC.

These are the advantages of having an externally set exam.

JimMorrison said:
Those comments are a bit contradictory don't you think?
No
A whole allocated timetable isn't neccessary because it would be up to the schools, there are already multiple companies and these multiple companies could make multiple exams... the schools could work for this... the schools don't buy EVERY paper for all the subjects.
The companies/people who make the exams in general make little or no money out of them. Most are done on an almost voluntary nature. To make multiple exams would be less likely than them being pulled completely.
To make any allocated statewide timetable is going to have the problems I have mentioned before and is not going to happen.

chops

HSC
ok so if we assume that it is too hard to implement a statewide system. Our local schools should collaborate, its not that hard, which test do u have? which test do you have? OH my! its the same test, we better put it on the same day so people cant discuss it!
wow that was hard
why does our school insist on blaming the other school for letting the paper out of th examination? thats not the issue

JimMorrison

HSC
N/A
Quote:
Originally Posted by cannonrun
LOL when you cant win em, this is what YOU ALWAYS do Matt. Has this really contributed to your argument?
Who is the one that has physically attacked me during political arguements?
Yeah, I'm still waiting for a reply to this.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)