'My School' website launched (1 Viewer)

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
http://www.myschool.edu.au/

IN a landmark day for education, families finally have access to test scores enabling them to compare the performance of almost 10,000 schools across Australia.

The Federal Government's My School website showing mums and dads how their child's school fares against others in the core disciplines of literacy and numeracy went live at 1am today.
My School enables you to search the profiles of almost 10,000 Australian schools.

You can quickly locate statistical and contextual information about schools in your community and compare them with statistically similar schools across the country.

proletariat

HSC
Student attendance rate 88%

<table class="ProfileInnerTab" width="100%" cellpadding="4" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td class="ProfileName" style="width: 65%;">Senior secondary certificate awarded</td> <td class="ProfileValue"> 54</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="ProfileName" style="width: 65%;"> Completed senior secondary school</td> <td class="ProfileValue"> 54</td></tr></tbody></table>

Yeah.. We suck.

James Cos

HSC
anyone know if it'd be possible to write a script to automatically harvest all the information available about every single school from the website?

then we can create simplistic league tables to rank schools more easily and more informatively - like i want to know which school is doing well, and which are failing.

Njn

nvrB♯nvrB♭.alwaysB♮
HSC
Aww what, no year 12 results? That renders it useless for my school =="

aussie-boy

HSC
Why is there no provided analysis of change in performance from yr 7 to yr 9?

I also think the NAPLAN tests are a much better indicator of student performance than the HSC, as noone studies for them and they directly reflect intelligence and what a student has retained from class

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
The main reason for using NAPLAN rather than Year 12 results is that it really is the best comparison as every student in Australia sits the tests of the same day thus meaning comparing apples with apples whereas the Year 12 tests/exams/assessments are different from school to school as well as state to state.

Maybe when the National Curriculum is up an running and the final Year 10 and Year 12 exams are national rather than just the NAPLAN then those results will be included.

victoria10

HSC
The main reason for using NAPLAN rather than Year 12 results is that it really is the best comparison as every student in Australia sits the tests of the same day thus meaning comparing apples with apples whereas the Year 12 tests/exams/assessments are different from school to school as well as state to state.

Maybe when the National Curriculum is up an running and the final Year 10 and Year 12 exams are national rather than just the NAPLAN then those results will be included.
to bad if you go to a senior school that only has years 11 and 12..
my school says nothing and there is no rank at all. they should just have like a massive list of the rankings of the schools like they have been advertising.

PIFKIE

HSC
MySchool Website & HSC

What do you think about the myschool website @ Find a school | ACARA

How did your school go in the NAPLAN ? And...how do those results compare to your schools HSC results. My schools results were average especially compared to our HSC results...though we have a really large (maybe half) of students from other countries whodon't speak English that well.

That showed up in the Naplan results especially when it came to Reading Writing Grammar and Spelling (Year 7 was the worst) We have soo many students who come not having hardly ANY english at all in Year 7. Our Numeracy was way above though.

Just goes to show that our students improve in their results year by year because by year 12 we do very well in HSC for a non selective school.</SPAN>

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)