My school's trial examination [download here] (1 Viewer)

darkchild69

Nanotechnologist
HSC
Well, I didn't particularly like any of the independent trial papers, so I wrote my own. I got some questions from other past papers, some questions out of my head.

Overall, I think the exam was fair, harder than any HSC exam, but so it should be.

Have a look at my paper and tell me what you guys think.

It only contains the first 2 columns of Q2Q, as that is all we managed to cover before the trials.

We didn't get anytime for revision and I told them that would be the case. I did hold a session during the holidays, which about half the class turned up to.

Was hoping the average to be over 50, but it was 42.

Lowest mark was 7/100 ---- this person is not even getting a UAI (so why the fuck do physics!?!?)

Highest mark was 86/100 ---- This guy is definately capable of mid-band 6

**note formatting may be a little out due to chaning to .doc from .docx

clintmyster

Prophet 9 FTW
HSC
Uni Grad
seems like an interesting paper. Got any solutions to it as well?

youngminii

Banned
HSC
Ooh.. If I did the test and sent you my answers, do you think you'd be able to mark it and give me a score? I have my physics trial on Wednesday and I need help (my teacher is quite.. stupid)

darkchild69

Nanotechnologist
HSC
Ooh.. If I did the test and sent you my answers, do you think you'd be able to mark it and give me a score? I have my physics trial on Wednesday and I need help (my teacher is quite.. stupid)
Yep! Send them through and i'll grade it for you

Wow, that would've been a very cool paper sit. I love the questions ^^
lol thx :)

Shoulda seen the prelim end of year examination, lol..

A couple of my students nearly got kicked out cuz they were laughing at the questions, lol.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A

A couple of my students nearly got kicked out cuz they were laughing at the questions, lol.
Darkchild - I've got my Trials atm, however, sometime in the coming fortnight-month, would it be ok if I sent you my answers for you to grade them?

shady145

Banned
HSC

ooo u sound like a cool teacher

study-freak

Bored of
HSC
Wow, thanks for the paper.
I'll prob do it tomorrow cause i gotta buy ink for my printer first.
Would you grade mine too if i send u my attempt at the paper? (scan, pdf)

Thanks

Edit: Not the options coz I'm doing astrophysics

Last edited:

clonestar

Physicist/*******
HSC
N/A
Hey darkchild,

Some feedback:

Q18 get rid of the what was and change to calculate or some other verb from NSW BOS terminology.

There seems to be a lot of discuss, describe, explain questions and few mathematical brain teaser targeting Band 6 students. Try to include one of these somewhere in your paper.

Also include some graphing style questions or one even on a first hand investigation you have performed in class. You know the second column in syllabus.

Thnx for the resource. :)

Regards,

C

darkchild69

Nanotechnologist
HSC
Hey darkchild,

Some feedback:

Q18 get rid of the what was and change to calculate or some other verb from NSW BOS terminology.

There seems to be a lot of discuss, describe, explain questions and few mathematical brain teaser targeting Band 6 students. Try to include one of these somewhere in your paper.

Also include some graphing style questions or one even on a first hand investigation you have performed in class. You know the second column in syllabus.

Thnx for the resource. :)

Regards,

C
Ty for your feedback m8! Definately will change that Q18, cheers!

Was some reasoning behind not including the more mathematically rigorous questions (i.e., their hye was calculation intense as was their projectile motion assessment task)

Now that you mention it, i have nfi what i did with my Hertz experiment question, lol.. Must have removed it during one of the times I altered the exam, lol.

Thanks for ur feedback mate, truly appreciated!

clonestar

Physicist/*******
HSC
N/A
Ty for your feedback m8! Definately will change that Q18, cheers!

Was some reasoning behind not including the more mathematically rigorous questions (i.e., their hye was calculation intense as was their projectile motion assessment task)

Now that you mention it, i have nfi what i did with my Hertz experiment question, lol.. Must have removed it during one of the times I altered the exam, lol.

Thanks for ur feedback mate, truly appreciated!

Darkchild,

Mate it's a pleasure....it's a good paper nevertheless and certainly everyone here should make use of it....

I think I might upload one as well soon... hehehe... these things are never easy...
We will see... :) :santa::rofl::)

Lalala21

HSC
I wish I had you as my school teacher...

I've got a Physics exam tomorrow, and I was wondering if you could possibly get it marked for me, by at least tonight? Or possibly tomorrow morning for late cramming I guess :).

Thanks.

darkchild69

Nanotechnologist
HSC
Sorry Lala!

Ahhhh, don't say that! All teachers make some mistakes! I am no better than a lot of others (definately better than some, but definately not as good as others!)

This is my first time teaching the course, have made many mistakes... feel bad for my year 12s sometimes cuz i really haven't seen physics like this in 8 years! And the course is just so much useless bullshit, i just can't enthuse myself to learn it!!

I am free to mark ur attempt anytime now :) I just goto uni tomorrow night, so i probably won't get around to marking it until the weekend

cutemouse

Account Closed
HSC
N/A
Also another note. In the HSC you get 2 lines per mark. Not the 14 or so lines for a 2 mark question!

youngminii

Banned
HSC
Arrgh I wish I saw that post! I never checked back and walked into my Physics exam blind. :(

addikaye03

The A-Team
HSC
I reckon i would have killed this trial.I dont think its easy or anything, just the kind of syllabus points that i made a massive effort to learn and many in my class didn't. I think it's full of great Q. I got 96/100 in my trial last year (2nd highest was 86%) because of the same kind of test. It just showed that people didn't know their shit.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)