My solutions to the 2019 Mathematics Extension 2 Paper (1 Viewer)

TheOnePheeph

HSC
Fair point, but our main concern is in the marker’s haste to finish marking our exam within the allocated time slot, they may not understand our reasoning and simply assume we fudged the result.
When you put it that way I think we'll be ok. We got the individual probabilities for A winning and B winning, which were not given, so if we got those correctly obviously we couldn't have fudged it, and idk about you but I put my reasoning in as well as to why this method works.

DrEuler

HSC
N/A
When you put it that way I think we'll be ok. We got the individual probabilities for A winning and B winning, which were not given, so if we got those correctly obviously we couldn't have fudged it, and idk about you but I put my reasoning in as well as to why this method works.
You'll be fine as long as the method is legit. Examiners are always aware of legitimate alternative methods.

blyatman

HSC
N/A
Oh no haha. Any suggestions for the best compromise for my interests + salary? Seeing all your degrees, major respect for any input haha.
Depends on what u value I guess. If you just wanna make loads of cashmoney then just go into trading. If your super passionate about math/physics, then u can always get a PhD and go into academia. Academia pays well, but its not easy to get into since there's only so many lecturer/professor positions etc. If you want to use what you learn and apply it into the real world, I'd recommend going into engineering (where there's a lot more jobs). I really enjoy math/phys, and engineering is a great fit since I actually get to see how all the math/physics I learnt in HS/uni applies to the real world. So it really depends what you want, and how much money you expect. Generally speaking, the more interesting the job, the less it pays. If your content with a 100-150k salary, then you can get that as an engineer. If you want $250k+, then you'd probably be looking at actuary/trading.

Arrowshaft

HSC
Depends on what u value I guess. If you just wanna make loads of cashmoney then just go into trading. If your super passionate about math/physics, then u can always get a PhD and go into academia. Academia pays well, but its not easy to get into since there's only so many lecturer/professor positions etc. If you want to use what you learn and apply it into the real world, I'd recommend going into engineering (where there's a lot more jobs). I really enjoy math/phys, and engineering is a great fit since I actually get to see how all the math/physics I learnt in HS/uni applies to the real world. So it really depends what you want, and how much money you expect. Generally speaking, the more interesting the job, the less it pays. If your content with a 100-150k salary, then you can get that as an engineer. If you want $250k+, then you'd probably be looking at actuary/trading.
oh okay, hmm. Since actuarial studies and data science are relatively similar and currently I am clashing between adv. science/actuarial, do you reckon I should do a bach. of adv. sci. and then after that see what’s best from there, a data scientist or a researcher?

akkjen

HSC
N/A
Why doesn't Maccas pay me $250k then? :(

blyatman

HSC
N/A
oh okay, hmm. Since actuarial studies and data science are relatively similar and currently I am clashing between adv. science/actuarial, do you reckon I should do a bach. of adv. sci. and then after that see what’s best from there, a data scientist or a researcher?
Actuarial and data science are pretty different fields lol. Again, it depends what you want to do for a career. If you just want actuary as a backup and want to try your luck in science first, then the combined degree is probably the way to go.

5uMath

HSC
for the permutation questions, couldnt it be 10P2 x 4! since ur picking 2 numbers from 10 and placing them in 4! ways. could it also be 10C2 x 4!?
(q10 multiple choice)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)