MYER christmas casual jobs (1 Viewer)

matman

HSC
just wondering if anyone has any tips on getting a myer christmas job?
ive applied for the last two years and not been successful.. and i hear alot of people saying how easy it is to get one.
advice would be greatly appreciated!

hu5sla

HSC
to start off..did you get an interview?

if you did, generally just like any group interview be fun, socialable and confident and dress very professionally
i was suprised when i got in as to not having any work exp in my life!
except for 1 week workplacement in target lol

be avaiable 24/7 if possible
live close to the store, so then when they need someone urgetly cause someones sick you'll be there in 30mins or less ;)

matman

HSC
to start off..did you get an interview?

if you did, generally just like any group interview be fun, socialable and confident and dress very professionally
i was suprised when i got in as to not having any work exp in my life!
except for 1 week workplacement in target lol

be avaiable 24/7 if possible
live close to the store, so then when they need someone urgetly cause someones sick you'll be there in 30mins or less ;)

havent heard anything back from them since sending my application. and yeah i live close to a couple stores and put down pretty much 24/7 availability.
hopefully i get asked for an interview!

amour

Female
HSC
just wondering if anyone has any tips on getting a myer christmas job?
ive applied for the last two years and not been successful.. and i hear alot of people saying how easy it is to get one.
advice would be greatly appreciated!
Hi, re your post on myer xmas casuals
I was successful for the 2011 xmas casual (got email yday) and wanted to give you some advice :)
1. at the group interview, make sure you wear a suit, be formal. they highly regard it.
2. make sure when you work in the group, you actively participate and voice out your opinions but do not be the control freak of the group. they want to know how you interact with others, being a good team member is valuable.
3. when you do your introduction to the group- make sure you are different from the other people. give them some background info on you active participation in community service, music, talents
4. honestly, i believe they like vibrant people because they can relate to their customers and hence sell more. make sure when you sell your individual products, as part of one of the activities, be unique. i was the only one on my table who did it as an ad. you got to address everyone on your table, look at them, smile and put on a lovely cheery voice and smile.

goodluck again :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)