myer group interview! (1 Viewer)

pandaaMONIA

HSC
Got mine tomorrow. Roselands; 6pm.
Quite nervous, actually...
I hope I do well, I really do want this job : )
Goodluck to everyone!

Beckerella

HSC
nanaxdd said:
ok ive never even done a group interview so i duno whats gona happen..they said they wud put us in a table of approx 6 ppl and see how we do in their activities?!?! huh??? anyways...i duno what to do! has anyone done these b4...what do they normally ask u to do?
I hated the group interview I had for Toys'R'Us. I got changed on a bus for those people dammit and I still didn't get the job. The interview itself was really nerve racking for me. I couldn't get a word in edgewise because people just wouldn't shut up.

jq.08

HSC
i applied for myer around this time last week and i got a invitation from them to go to their group interview like 2 days after

are there any queenslanders/brissie ppl who have been to or is going to go to myer's group interview?

its also really wierd because i totally did not expect an interview cos im only 15 (turning 16 in 4 months)
i thought myer only hired 18+?

oh and for anyone who has been, generally how old are the the other candidates?

ahh im so nervous!

HSC
Anyone heard anything since the group interview? Besides the email like two days after I haven't heard anything? Its been two weeks and they said approx 10 days.

frootloop

HSC
Nah, I haven't heard from them either apart from that email. My email said that my application is on hold and that I should expect to wait a few weeks "due to the volume of applications"... but I still check my email every day in case there's there's a response from them. :p

jq.08, age shouldn't matter. If you're a great candidate- confident, well presented, have good availabilities, has a basic understanding of retail, etc they'll probably hire you. I found that most of the people that were at the group interview I went to were late teens/early 20s (currently attending high school or uni).

jannny

HSC
my friend who got the job last year xmas got the email saying she got the job around last week of october, so expect it by then =)

Seems like everyone got that email thingo?

Btw hows the pay rate at myer? is it the same as a person with the same age and working somewhere else?

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
gosh, i never realised how competitive myer was. all i know about it is that two former woolies employees from my store walked into christmas casuals there (one got kept on, one got promoted) so i just figured it was easy to get a job there.

mandathepanda

HSC
Yeah I got an email on Tuesday welcoming me to Myer ,congratulating me on my new position as a Christmas casual!... and saying that my contract was coming in the mail and and outlining rates of pay and dates for training .

This was six days after I got the email telling me that I was a suitable candidate .It also said I'd be receiving another email in the next week giving me my log in details for the online training component and so I could book my training days

However my position is for a suburban Myer store though rather than the "bigger" Myer stores, so maybe they're doing the job offers for the stores that don't need as many xmas casuals first ?

4jess7lov

HSC
how much would a 17 or 18 year old get per hour at myer/rebel sport???????????? anyone???????

HSC
Ok so maybe I haven't got the job :( Although I am from SA so maybe could be a difference?

pandaaMONIA

HSC
Wow; this is a much more thought out process than I thought It'd be.
I've been surfing the net about this years Christmas Casuals (As; I just roll like that XD) and I've heard of one person In which (from my interview...Not sure which store they were going for) have gotten a spot at the Myer they tried out for. They claim to have gotten this email yesterday, which means they must be coming out right now. It makes me feel like I'm going to be one of the ones whom doesn't get a spot, which would suck quite a bit. But hey, I tried.
Do you reckon I still have a chance, saying the emails started going out yesterday?

frootloop

HSC
Hmm... emails have been coming out already? I haven't gotten one yet. :( I applied for the Sydney City store though and there were heaps of applicants- maybe it'd just take a bit longer for that store? Anyone heard from the store I applied for?

Damn, I should've applied for Bondi properly. At least I'd know by now if I had a position or not. *sigh*

pandaaMONIA

HSC
frootloop said:
Hmm... emails have been coming out already? I haven't gotten one yet. :( I applied for the Sydney City store though and there were heaps of applicants- maybe it'd just take a bit longer for that store? Anyone heard from the store I applied for?

Damn, I should've applied for Bondi properly. At least I'd know by now if I had a position or not. *sigh*
According to someone on the vogue forum. Although; it could go by alphabetical order or something.
Let's not lose hope yet : )

JaredR

Save Sderot
HSC
reggie7 said:
This pretty much sums up what happens at a Myer Group Interview.

The toys section thing, i remember you had to recommend a doll or a girls toy to a customer (male) I believe.

Answer as many questions as enthusiastically as you can.
When I did it many moons ago we had to recommend a promotional strategy for a toy sale post-christmas.

I passed the group interview and kept getting emails saying that they were waiting for a position to arise relevant to my criteria (I think I had Chatswood, City and Bondi Junction preferences)... Needless to say a year passed and my application was removed, I never put it back on.

jannny

HSC
So has anyone got the Welcome pack via email which gives username and password for Web Self service?

gemmal

HSC
mandathepanda said:
Yeah I got an email on Tuesday welcoming me to Myer ,congratulating me on my new position as a Christmas casual!... and saying that my contract was coming in the mail and and outlining rates of pay and dates for training .

This was six days after I got the email telling me that I was a suitable candidate .It also said I'd be receiving another email in the next week giving me my log in details for the online training component and so I could book my training days

However my position is for a suburban Myer store though rather than the "bigger" Myer stores, so maybe they're doing the job offers for the stores that don't need as many xmas casuals first ?
Yep, same thing happened to me, YAY!!!!!

I'd assume we get the next email and info pack soon because training days start next week, but they also go till the end of November, so we could be waiting for a while.

jq.08

HSC
oh wow everyone is so far ahead of me!

i havnt even had my interview yet haha

my interview is tomorrow

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)