Myer Group interviews (1 Viewer)

tau281290

HSC
Not yet (some people only had the group interview last week), but they WILL receive that email, all of them.

Myer sends out acception and rejection letters. They don't tease you with ambiguity.
SO all those who got to the group interview received that surprising email saying you might have proceeded to the next stage?!? Let me ask my fd whom i met during the interview got it or not. Why would it be an automated email after 2 weeks of the interview? Couldn't they just have sent it the next day or 2 if it was automated?

if you do get through the group interview,..isnt there another interview before they will hire u?

Myer sends out acception/rejection letters? as in by mail box? hmm

ay0_x

HSC
SO all those who got to the group interview received that surprising email saying you might have proceeded to the next stage?!? Let me ask my fd whom i met during the interview got it or not. Why would it be an automated email after 2 weeks of the interview? Couldn't they just have sent it the next day or 2 if it was automated?

if you do get through the group interview,..isnt there another interview before they will hire u?

Myer sends out acception/rejection letters? as in by mail box? hmm

They sent it after all the group interviews had been done for all regions.

As far as I know there isn't another interview, just the online induction and then the real life induction.

No. Not mailbox. Email. Sorry.

tau281290

HSC
Woohoo I just received. Another email from myer - the welcome to myer email. I'm in for the job. Thx everybody :D

Charity F

póg mo thóin
HSC
N/A
Anyone got something like this...? Is this an auto response? lol

Thank you for your recent application for a position with Myer.
Your application will be further considered in relation to positions available at our stores as they become available. Currently we do not have a suitable vacancy available however, should a suitable vacancy arise, we will process your application further at that time. Your application will remain under consideration until such time that a suitable vacancy arises.
rofl yeah

"Current status: Application under consideration"

not chuffed, will remember to apply earlier next year

Woohoo I just received. Another email from myer - the welcome to myer email. I'm in for the job. Thx everybody :D
nice work :)

dingfeng

HSC
Well done tau281290, I am still waiting, fingers crossed,
May I ask which store are you gonna be working in?

cs01001

HSC
rofl yeah

"Current status: Application under consideration"

not chuffed, will remember to apply earlier next year

nice work :)
lol i got that too, and i never heard from them again. i checked the status on the myers website it says "application under consideration" :S
i thought i was rejected, but im not sure what they mean?! how can there be no vacancy when theyv advertised the position?!
Just curious, what date and time did you guys do the online application to Myers?

On a side note, haven't received anything from them yet, most likely rejected haha

dingfeng

HSC
Just curious, what date and time did you guys do the online application to Myers?

On a side note, haven't received anything from them yet, most likely rejected haha
Hi cs01001,

I orignally applied in May for its casual postions, then in August I got an email from Myer asking to apply for the Christmas casuals. Then went to the group interview on 11th September.

My status is still application under consideration, more waiting~~~~

cs01001

HSC
Hi cs01001,

I orignally applied in May for its casual postions, then in August I got an email from Myer asking to apply for the Christmas casuals. Then went to the group interview on 11th September.

My status is still application under consideration, more waiting~~~~
Hey,

Thats good that they at least asked you to go to interview, still haven't heard anything and status still remains under consideration. I am guessing its a no lol

tau281290

HSC
That's awesome~~

BTW, did Myer do any reference check after you receive the 1st email?

Thanks
I reallly have no idea about that. I hope they didn't. They probably have?? I wouldn't go ask my referees on that anyways.

But I hope u get the job u want. All the best. Did anyone here also get employed by myer as Christmas casual ??

prod1gy

HSC
yeah i got the exact same email...basically meet the requirements for a job at myer. Im quite sure this means that now they are waiting for jobs to arise and ask certain successful applicants to work, as on the myer careers site a new application opened up for me. It reads Christmas Casual Team Member – Hurstville Application submitted 28 Sep 2009 at 10:32am Aus. Eastern Standard Time. Thus this has been processed today, so now all we have to do is wait for a call/email.

robjrock

HSC
Heya folks,
Got an email like this today for Brisbane:

From you application and assessment we are able to establish that you have a combination of skills that makes you a suitable candidate for this position. Over the coming weeks we will be finalising the Christmas Casual recruitment and will be back in contact with you to confirm if we are able to successfully place you into a Christmas Casual position.

There is a big 'IF' in there. I applied for two of the biggest stores in Brisbane, which may work for or against me I suppose.

Has anyone gotten this email and then not been offered a position?

dingfeng

HSC
Heya folks,
Got an email like this today for Brisbane:

From you application and assessment we are able to establish that you have a combination of skills that makes you a suitable candidate for this position. Over the coming weeks we will be finalising the Christmas Casual recruitment and will be back in contact with you to confirm if we are able to successfully place you into a Christmas Casual position.

There is a big 'IF' in there. I applied for two of the biggest stores in Brisbane, which may work for or against me I suppose.

Has anyone gotten this email and then not been offered a position?

Hi robjrock,

Same story for me, I received the same email last week from Myer Sydney City store, and have not heard from them since. I guess they are trying to match the candidates with different positions right now. Hopefully they will get back to us soon~~ the whole process is just like constant waiting......

If anyone got any news please let us know, all the best:)

Last edited:

robjrock

HSC
While we wait with baited breath, I was wondering if anyone around here has worked for Myer before?
Can anyone tell us what to expect on the job? Are the staff generally nice? Any departments better than others?
Cheers.

Jackee

!!!!!
HSC
one of my friends got their welcome to myer email last thursday, two yesterday and i got my welcome to myer email today , their releasing it ons eperate days so dont lose hope if you havent got it yet

robjrock

HSC
one of my friends got their welcome to myer email last thursday, two yesterday and i got my welcome to myer email today , their releasing it ons eperate days so dont lose hope if you havent got it yet
Actually I just received a phone call offering me a casual xmas position! (so keep your mobile handy!) I've gotten two 'welcome' emails and I'm attending training in a couple of weeks. So (* touch wood touch wood pat head three times *) with a little luck looks like I'll be a Myer Xmas casual this year. (I got this real thing about tempting fate....)

For those of you who may have missed out, I've been reading a bit about working at Myer at some other websites / forums - not too many people had nice things to say about it! Might be a blessing in disguise? Albeit most of these storys were a few years old, but even so. Now I'm sorta expecting the job to be really horrible. Sounds like they don't give you much training, for example. And lots of dealing with pissed off Xmas shoppers who think they are better than you.

Who's excited? ??

ay0_x

HSC
Hi robjrock,

Same story for me, I received the same email last week from Myer Sydney City store, and have not heard from them since. I guess they are trying to match the candidates with different positions right now. Hopefully they will get back to us soon~~ the whole process is just like constant waiting......

If anyone got any news please let us know, all the best:)
Me tooooooo!

Waiting now.

So proud of myself for having 2 jobs (if i get the myer one) kekeke proving to everyone i'm not a lazy shit kekeke =]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)