• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Myth, Propaganda and Disaster... 2009 (1 Viewer)

kiayaya

HSC
i was wondering how many people are doing this play.
Personally i loved it, and i'm doing it for poster program,
but i'm finding it hard to:

1. fit the title on appropriatly (sorry bout spelling)
2. not make the poster too cliche

how is everybody else out there handling it?

Micka

HSC
Hi kiayaya,

I suggest you take a look at some previous works (2007, 2008) to get a feel for what's really involved.

Some tips:

- Ensure you allocate time to each aspect of the project according to what is needed. For example you may want to spend 80% of your time on the poster which could be the most fun. This will only leave you a small amount of time for the other 3 parts (4 if you count logbook) and consequently not an even performance.

- Find a central theme, element, image or colour to go with. Consistency is really what the markers are looking for. Make sure each aspect of your project can be tied in with the others.

- Get in and start doing it as soon as you can. Do as many copies as you can, visit the place where you will print it as much as you can (if you are printing professionally. This is not essential.) Keep technical difficulties to a minimum by doing many 'practise runs' as you can to make sure you won't have any margin / discolouration issues at the final stage of printing. (On a more technical note - if you visit your printing place, ask them what resolution, size, how many DPI and in what format (JPG, PSD + either RGB or CMYK) they ideally would have the image in.

The most important thing:

- Have fun. Ask lots of questions. Enjoy the learning process because that's what it really is.

Good luck,

Micka.

angie-gee

HSC
I'm doing the same, I love the play

yeah, I think the title will be the hardest bit of everything

NCB619

I Am The Chorus
HSC
Yeah, the hardest bit for the poster (surprise, surprise) will be putting the title onto the poster...unless we do like an A2 size one or something

angie-gee

HSC
hahaha, man I think after the trouble we've ALL been through with this IP I think we all deserve to be up there :haha:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)