Need Help ASAP: results check (1 Viewer)

Zeref

Stare into my eyes.
HSC
there is no such thing as studying smart, are you ok there bro,

It is all about working hard, I believe you know this because you worked your ass all day studying for your Atar.

Don't lie, cause ^ this is a fact all those 99.95 know,
how isn't there?
studying 12 hours a day doesn't mean shit

SRK_102

Banned
HSC
how isn't there?
studying 12 hours a day doesn't mean shit
come on man, I thought your smart enough to know this,

Studying 6 hours a day can get you far then studying 20 minutes at a day,

Also, you statement makes no sense at all, who would want study 12 hours a day, 6 hours is more than enough,

Zeref

Stare into my eyes.
HSC

Also, you statement makes no sense at all, who would want study 12 hours a day, 6 hours is more than enough,
those who cram would study 12 hrs a day.
in any situation yes, studying 6 hours would be more beneficial than 20 minutes.
tbh im just getting the feeling that "because I studied this much, i should received this atar etc." maybe exam technique?

and what do you mean by checking results behind your back?

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A

6 hours of studying where you write the same terrible essay over and over to memorise it won't get you as far as 20 minutes of completely restructuring that essay and getting it perfect.

That's the difference between studying smart and studying hard.

12 hours was just hyperbole to emphasise the point.

That's the difference between saying things outright and using comparative examples.

SRK_102

Banned
HSC
those who cram would study 12 hrs a day.
in any situation yes, studying 6 hours would be more beneficial than 20 minutes.
tbh im just getting the feeling that "because I studied this much, i should received this atar etc." maybe exam technique?

and what do you mean by checking results behind your back?
I meant like I want them to check in front of me, so I can be a sure they are checking properly, not like checking behind me and saying that nothing is wrong. if you get what I mean,

I know, my exam technique is fine, I finished my maths 2u, biology and SOr 1U exam on time and felt confident after the exam, what happened after that BOS should know, the marks I recieved were below my expectations,

zxreth

HSC
You need to accept that you did not go as well as you thought you would have. You will not get into the UWS course even if you miss it by 0.35 points (provided the cut-off remains the same). So its time you move on and look at alternate options.

SRK_102

Banned
HSC
6 hours of studying where you write the same terrible essay over and over to memorise it won't get you as far as 20 minutes of completely restructuring that essay and getting it perfect.

That's the difference between studying smart and studying hard.

12 hours was just hyperbole to emphasise the point.

That's the difference between saying things outright and using comparative examples.
Your right, but in depends from person to person, I worked really hard, I am being extremely honest I studied 10 hours somedays before HSc exam,

during exam, I knew everything and answer all the questions, I even paid attention to each mark and how to answer them,

SRK_102

Banned
HSC
You need to accept that you did not go as well as you thought you would have. You will not get into the UWS course even if you miss it by 0.35 points (provided the cut-off remains the same). So its time you move on and look at alternate options.
This is very sad bro, I worked whle two 2 years studying for HSC. imagine, this was you, how would you feel?

Last edited:

Zeref

Stare into my eyes.
HSC
This is very sad bro, I worked whle two 2 years studying for HSC. imagine, this was you, how would you feel?
I wouldn't be THAT sad, I would try to go to the test knowing that I've given it my all and there was nothing more I could do. After that it's all up to skill.

SRK_102

Banned
HSC
I wouldn't be THAT sad, I would try to go to the test knowing that I've given it my all and there was nothing more I could do. After that it's all up to skill.
yeah right, sure you wouldn't be sad! I gave it my all, how can I not get a band 5 for bio and maths 2u and SOR 1u,

I lost my dream career medicine because of this stupid system, how is this not sad,

I don't even get how everything works, how did I get 76 HSC mark for bio and How did I get 78 HSC mark for maths, I did my very best, nah this must be a mistake.

Last edited:

SRK_102

Banned
HSC
BOSer's not even helping, what happened to my marks, someone gave me a honesty advice,

I was averaging 80+ in biology and maths 2u and sor 1U, how is this not equate to a band 5, I believe i did well in HSC exams for these subjects,

What would be the cut-off for a band 5 for bio, maths 2u and SOR 1U?

hjed

HSC
I meant like I want them to check in front of me, so I can be a sure they are checking properly, not like checking behind me and saying that nothing is wrong. if you get what I mean,

I know, my exam technique is fine, I finished my maths 2u, biology and SOr 1U exam on time and felt confident after the exam, what happened after that BOS should know, the marks I recieved were below my expectations,
Ok, so how are they going to do that for free for every student in the state... the fact is they can't it would take years, that is why they are so careful the first time. Even if you paid for it, the markers are normal teachers, they go away in the holidays and they don't work for BOS full time. It would also cost a lot more than what it costs now (which I do think is a bit ridiculous).
If you really think that the BOS is conspiring against you for some reason get your exam responses and raw marks, check the alignment against the raw marks db and pay a tutoring service or a HSC marker to check your raw marks. I guarantee it will be within a very small margin of error. (Senior Marker for English told me that HSC Markers for English tended to agree within an accuracy of about 10%.)

It sounds more likely that someone lied or misled you about your ability to achieve certain marks, that is very sad but it doesn't change your results. There is no way you can get into medicine with that ATAR, if you really do think you can make it in a medicine course I recommend doing the hardest degree you can get into and doing medicine as a post-grad (you need to get good marks in your degree though).

hjed

HSC
Also what where your assessment marks (according to BOS) and your rank?

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
Is the results check worth it, I worked hard all year and received such bad results. These are my HSC marks which I am really worried about, I wanted to do medicine but did really shit after getting these results.

I was pretty confident in Bio, maths 2u and SOR 1U, and was expecting a band 5 at least in each? I don't really know what happened, anyone else thinks they got wrong marks from BOS?

Got an Atar of 69.95, WTF not even any band 5's at all.

It is bullshit how you have to pay for your results check, it should be free, if not then how can you beleive Bos checking your results, they could bullshit and say notthing is wrong with the marks.

Biology 76 4
Chemistry 69 3
English (Advanced) 68 3
Mathematics 78 4
Mathematics Extension 1 37 E3
Studies of Religion I 38 4
Even if they did get it wrong, your atar would not have been high enough for med. At this point in time, I would advise you to consider other courses and transfer.

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
Even if they did get it wrong, your atar would not have been high enough for med. At this point in time, I would advise you to consider other courses and transfer.
nerd pls. don't try and be cocky with your 90+ atar.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)