Need help on essay question! (1 Viewer)

Frostbitten

HSC
Hello all,

I have an assessment task for English Module A in one week and would like some help on interpreting this question.

My texts are Blade Runner and Frankenstein and the question goes:

"How has the treatment of similar content in a pair of texts composed in different times and contexts reflected changing values and perspectives?"

The part that is not clicking with me is the "reflected changing values and perspectives". Are the values of Shelly and Ridley not almost identical? That humans must bestow moral consciousness in their pursuit of knowledge and technological advancement? How exactly are they changing... I'm quite lost here ehehe.

Please, would really appreciate any help. :D

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
I didn't do these texts, but to me that part says that you need to view how the context makes the interpretation of these different, I doubt that people of Shelley's time would have viewed aspects in the same light as a modern audience. Also, normally the differing medium is a good point to focus on for how the perspective/values have changed.

Kiraken

RISK EVERYTHING
HSC
N/A
Hello all,

I have an assessment task for English Module A in one week and would like some help on interpreting this question.

My texts are Blade Runner and Frankenstein and the question goes:

"How has the treatment of similar content in a pair of texts composed in different times and contexts reflected changing values and perspectives?"

The part that is not clicking with me is the "reflected changing values and perspectives". Are the values of Shelly and Ridley not almost identical? That humans must bestow moral consciousness in their pursuit of knowledge and technological advancement? How exactly are they changing... I'm quite lost here ehehe.

Please, would really appreciate any help. :D
you can compare the differences in this moral consciousness between the contexts. Also consider the views on nature that both texts represent as well as the monster/human dichotomy in both texts. There are a myriad of other possible avenues of exploration too :) good luck!

Frostbitten

HSC
Just a further question, what values have changed from franky to blade runner? Really appreciate any help :)

Haneenooo

HSC
N/A
Hello everyone!!! This is a year 12 Advanced English question that I have to complete within 2-3 days. 'An inherent tension between confrontation and resolution is revealed through characterisation in Shakespeare's Hamlet. To what extent does your interpretation of Hamlet align with this view? In your response, make detailed reference to the play.' Can someone PLEASE guide me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)