• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Need help please. (1 Viewer)

hotfiree

HSC
N/A
Just wondering if anyone could help me knowing what these mean.
" amounts to a vicious killing unmitigaed by any suggestion of provocation, self defence or other entenuating circumstances"
And also
" any subjective factors in favour of the offended"
does that just mean like what he could use as a defence.

Thanks.

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
Just wondering if anyone could help me knowing what these mean.
" amounts to a vicious killing unmitigaed by any suggestion of provocation, self defence or other entenuating circumstances"
And also
" any subjective factors in favour of the offended"
does that just mean like what he could use as a defence.

Thanks.
1- he viciously killed the guy without any evidence of mitigating factors eg: self defence, provocation etc

for the second one id really need to read the whole sentence but im pretty sure its referring to mitigating factors the offender could use as defence.

hotfiree

HSC
N/A
Thanks buddy :)
The whole sentence is
Importantly the sentence must accord with the general moral sense of the community who are aware of the facts as found by the court and who have taken the opportunity to consider the penalty imposed that in light,any subjective factors in favour of the offended

hotfiree

HSC
N/A
Does
" the facts upon which i must be satisfied on the criminal standard for the purpose of imposing the sentence are the following:
just mean these are the facts he needs to make his judgement?
Also one that really has me stumped.

Last edited:

jeff.wong

HSC
Thanks buddy :)
The whole sentence is
Importantly the sentence must accord with the general moral sense of the community who are aware of the facts as found by the court and who have taken the opportunity to consider the penalty imposed that in light,any subjective factors in favour of the offended
Subjective factors are mitigating factors in consideration during the sentencing process. Subjective factors refer to the subject i.e. the offender. Examples of mitigating subjective factors are: the offender is of good character, the offender is young and inexperience etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)