need help!! (1 Viewer)

HSC
N/A
hey everyone i have a question to ask

i know that nothing in year 11 counts for the hsc, and some teachers like to say that to scare students. but what if theres an assignment done during yr 11 that gets submitted in term4, which is hsc year? my teacher has given me an assignment due in term 4 which he says goes towards my yr 12 class mark and i dunno if hes lying or not :confused:

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
barbecuedflava said:
hey everyone i have a question to ask

i know that nothing in year 11 counts for the hsc, and some teachers like to say that to scare students. but what if theres an assignment done during yr 11 that gets submitted in term4, which is hsc year? my teacher has given me an assignment due in term 4 which he says goes towards my yr 12 class mark and i dunno if hes lying or not :confused:
if your teacher says that it goes to HSC, I don't think he/she would be lying.

Aplus

HSC
N/A
They probably want to get students alert and serious asap, instead of risking having students being lazy because 'Prelims don't get carried on'.

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
On the assignement it usually says Preliminary or Year 11 or it says HSC or Year 12.

Tutored

Snooze Fest
HSC
Thats a little interesting. Technically, if its due in term 4, when we start our HSC work, it would apply to your HSC mark. However, since your not supposed to be being given anything directly involving your HSC, as you haven't completed the Preliminary course yet, I couldn't be sure. Your teacher could always be being strangely generous, and giving you more time to do it, I suppose. Although, being given work due for year 12 when you're in year 11 is a tad odd, and it wouldnt count towards year 11, since its apparently due after your yearly exam. Im sort of questioning whether your teacher can do that, tbh...

Doctor Jolly

. Per Aspera Ad Astra *
HSC
It could be a dirty trick teachers play, but you better not risk your HSC. Do well in it.

marcquelle

a.k.a. Michael...Hi!
HSC
if it is for a TVET course then yes all assignments for year 11 & 12 are counted towards the hsc in module completed not HSC/ASSEMENT MARK, that comes from primarily trials (this is not necessarily ture for all tvet subject but for a majority of them)

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Well, he's probably not lying, and only wording things a little differently. The content (to a certain extent) goes towards Yr 12, but not the marks.

HSC
N/A
its for business studies and its not even an assignment the school's made. its a telstra marketing competition that we have to enter :vcross:

HSC
N/A
its for business studies and it isnt an assignment the teachers have made. its a telstra marketing competition that we have to enter :vcross:

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
barbecuedflava said:
its for business studies and its not even an assignment the school's made. its a telstra marketing competition that we have to enter :vcross:
I don't think that that would be a HSC assesment then

ital101

HSC
Oh, you poor thing.

I had to enter a Commerce 'Moneystuff' competition in Year 10. Now we're doing it for Year 11 Business Studies, too. My topic is 'establishing a business'; using my English writing skills to prepare a picture book aimed at preteens to 18-year-olds.

Hm...good luck and try to enjoy it! I know I will enjoy my competition, especially as the teacher is giving us a break from coursework just to do our entries and get them to an 'exemplary standard'. So yeah got to be more optimistic, mate! :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)