Need Help !!!! (1 Viewer)

Bazzi135

HSC
I Chose Eng(adv)~Maths Ext 1~Chem~Bio~Eco~Business
Reserves: Ancient Hist~Legal~Environment&Earth

I have couple more days until i have to finish it, what do u guys think, are they to much work and are they good scale?

Jackson94

HSC
When it comes down to it judging from what i've heard you should do what you will enjoy doing, many of the courses are misleading and not what you would expect so I advise you to look at some of the text books for the courses and just having a look at the topic headings and seeing if thats what you want to do for the next two years.

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
Look at the syllabus and see if the dot points suit what you want to be studying.

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad

I have couple more days until i have to finish it, what do u guys think, are they to much work and are they good scale?
Their fine in terms of workload. I'm not confident in explaining scaling and might give you the wrong interpretation.

muzeikchun852

HSC

in terms of scaling, ur subject ranks like this (from best to worse):
Maths Extenion 1
Chemistry
Biology
English Advanced / Economics (similar scaling)
Ancient History / Legal Studies (similar)
Environment Science
Business Studies

Official

Bring it on
HSC
Maths Extenion 1
Chemistry
Biology
English Advanced / Economics (similar scaling)
Ancient History / Legal Studies (similar)
Environment Science
Business Studies
Yah this,

although I think EngAdv and Eco scale better than Bio

beardedwoman

HSC
I think the average scaling received from all candidates anually is roughly something like:
MX1 > Chemistry > Mathematics = Economics = English Advanced > Legal Studies > Biology > Anvient History > EES = Business Studies

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
I think the general scaling picture has been established in this thread however I do not recommend you using this information as the basis for choosing your subjects.

muzeikchun852

HSC
I think the average scaling received from all candidates anually is roughly something like:
MX1 > Chemistry > Mathematics = Economics = English Advanced > Legal Studies > Biology > Anvient History > EES = Business Studies
bio's scaling is wayy better than legal.

alcalder

Just ask for help
HSC
N/A
The best way to choose subjects is what you enjoy doing. Don't worry about scaling at all.

Choose those that you are good at and make sure there is one fun subject (no matter good or bad you are at it).

This is the sage advice my father gave me and it was something that got me through 2 years enjoying what I was doing.

Hope that helps.

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
Maths Extenion 1
Chemistry/Economics (similar scaling)
Biology/ Legal Studies (similar)
English Advanced
Ancient History
Business Studies
Environment Science
Fixed.

Also, one shouldn't just look at the mean scaling. Most of the time, the bottom end of a subject really drags the mean down despite awesome scaling at the mid-higher range (where most people would be aiming) and it also doesn't take into account whether or not a subject is capped (or how much it is capped by).

@ OP - Your subjects look fine load and scaling wise. With 13 units you might find that some of your efforts/time is being wasted and if so, i suggest dropping business or whichever one you are hating/performing the worst in.

With your back ups, i suggest you steer clear of EES unless you absolutely love it and are adamant that you are going to ace it. And when i mean ace it, i mean absolutely rip the exams apart.

If you are not aiming for a super higher ATAR, just pick a mixture of subjects that you love and are good at (and you can ignore what i said above). Remember that you will most likely perform better in subjects which you like :)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)