Netball appreciation thread w00t (1 Viewer)

imsooverskool

theres a fire in my pants
HSC
Thought id start up a netball appreciation thread, there seems to be far too much testosterone flying around in this sports foum (funny that)- so yeah thought id make a thread about how awesome a sport netball is and how much i missed playing. I havent played in about 3 years now and i have missed it sooooo much, so i have decided to play again even though i now live in Canberra and running around in a skirt in the middle of winter down here is decidedly insane.

So who else here plays the best sport in Aus? I also have an ulterior motive... Does anyone here still play state league, if so who are the shit hot associations these days?

Also, im looking forward to the Commonwealth Games, time to show the Kiwi's that we are the best again (even though i realise that we will probably lose) It will be good times though :)

imsooverskool

theres a fire in my pants
HSC
lol, should have put in the thread title DIRTY PERVES NEED NOT REPLY, lol. I realise that is the only reason why guys watch the sport, it isnt exactly the most thrilling game to watch if you dont appreciate the skill involved. The sport is actually alot more strategic and intracite then you boys think

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
this is my second year from eleven years that im not playing :(
i loved it but seniors was a waste of time!!

we will get smashed at the commonnwealth games.
no liz ellis = :( x 10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

"Chubby"

HSC
imsooverskool said:
Thought id start up a netball appreciation thread, there seems to be far too much testosterone flying around in this sports foum (funny that)- so yeah thought id make a thread about how awesome a sport netball is and how much i missed playing. I havent played in about 3 years now and i have missed it sooooo much, so i have decided to play again even though i now live in Canberra and running around in a skirt in the middle of winter down here is decidedly insane.

So who else here plays the best sport in Aus? I also have an ulterior motive... Does anyone here still play state league, if so who are the shit hot associations these days?

Also, im looking forward to the Commonwealth Games, time to show the Kiwi's that we are the best again (even though i realise that we will probably lose) It will be good times though :)

hey, great thread imsoooverskool. I agree that netball is such an awesome sport..lolz. A couple of my male teachers at school play it..lolz.
I played netball from 1999 - 2004 for a club then stopped, but i still play for my school team though.
As for the commonwealth games, I HOPE WE KICK BUTT THE FERNS.....but i doubt it, but somehow i reckon the aussie girls are going to come up with some miracle. *CROSSES FINGERS*
No matter what they are, the aussie netball tema are always number 1 in my eyes.
Omg, do any of u netball fans see what they are talking about on the NZ forum??. They're always dissing the aussies and making up rude/cruel/mean nicknames for our players.

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
Chubby said:
No matter what they are, the aussie netball tema are always number 1 in my eyes.
Omg, do any of u netball fans see what they are talking about on the NZ forum??. They're always dissing the aussies and making up rude/cruel/mean nicknames for our players.
i hope we get some damn decent umpires who will give us deserved penalties. the nzers always get away with absolutely thrashing our girls on the court- physically wise. especially van dyke and davu (?) (the keeper :p) .. they are so dirty, its horrible!

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
prob van dyke - the nz GS, plays against ellis.
she has a freakish goal percentage, but she's awful.
she scares me too :eek:

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
I'm a guy. They made us play netball in primary school.
It's not as fast as basketball. When we started everyone was sighing "ooohh yuk". It turned out ok. It really wasn't too bad.

jeddy

HSC
i reckon temepara george is an awsum player:) .... sooo funny wen she got sent off in the world championships lmao!!!! yer sux that liz ellis isnt playin ... n i was sooooo cut to hear that eloise southby was out... her n sharelle mcmahon r the best shootin combo EVER!!!! FOR REAL!!!! but im still goin for the golden girls ... n hav u noticed that they dun hav a name... like the wallabies of kokaburras or wateva ... i reckon they need a name!!!! ne ideas?????????

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
DRAGONZ said:
Hahahaha.

I hear she scores at an 80% success rate.
she is an awesome shooter. no one gets a consistent 80% goal rate. but she has terrible sportmanship. the woman bashes poor liz ellis about the place and never EVER gets penalised for it :burn:

"Chubby"

HSC
DRAGONZ said:
Hahahaha.

I hear she scores at an 80% success rate.

it's more like 90%.......she's hardly ever under 90%......*sigh*...lolz

"Chubby"

HSC
Born Dancer said:
i hope we get some damn decent umpires who will give us deserved penalties. the nzers always get away with absolutely thrashing our girls on the court- physically wise. especially van dyke and davu (?) (the keeper :p) .. they are so dirty, its horrible!

u also forgot to mention Temepara George as well.....lol

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
Chubby said:
u also forgot to mention Temepara George as well.....lol
GAAAHHHHHHAHHHHAHAHHHHHHHH
why dont i just say the entire team????
its ridiculous in what they get away with. i dont know why they never get penalised. maybe they're like bribing the umpires or something :rolleyes:

Janine

HSC
N/A
Temp is physical, but you have to admit she was mighty talented. I would love to have a C like that playing for Australia. The NZ captain, Adine Wilson, is a champion. She's the perfect athlete, perfect player...I'm an aussie, and she's my favourite player!

It sounds like I go for NZ, sorry bout that. I jsut really dislike some of the changes in the aussie team. ie, Norma Plummer brings in this 196cm girl just because she's tall..she didn't even ahve to TRIAL! She's useless at the best of times, but hey, height is everything! If she gets on in the final, we're bound to get thrashed unfortunately.

"Chubby"

HSC
Janine said:
Temp is physical, but you have to admit she was mighty talented. I would love to have a C like that playing for Australia. The NZ captain, Adine Wilson, is a champion. She's the perfect athlete, perfect player...I'm an aussie, and she's my favourite player!

It sounds like I go for NZ, sorry bout that. I jsut really dislike some of the changes in the aussie team. ie, Norma Plummer brings in this 196cm girl just because she's tall..she didn't even ahve to TRIAL! She's useless at the best of times, but hey, height is everything! If she gets on in the final, we're bound to get thrashed unfortunately.

i agree with u that Temepara is talented. I also agree and disagree about Norma bringing Susan F in the team when she did not have to trial.

Anyone here reckon Peta Scholz should have made the team?

Janine

HSC
N/A
Yep. I got the feeling that decision was politically inclined as well.

Australia beat Wales earlier by 56 goals. Great shooting from youngster Susan Pratley - 93%!!! Not such great shooting from vice captain Cath Cox - only 71%.

Susan F looked terrible and unco. Heaven help us if Plummer persists with her in the finals. Glad to see Bianca Chatfield and Janine Ilitch play well.

"Chubby"

HSC
Janine said:
Yep. I got the feeling that decision was politically inclined as well.

Australia beat Wales earlier by 56 goals. Great shooting from youngster Susan Pratley - 93%!!! Not such great shooting from vice captain Cath Cox - only 71%.

Susan F looked terrible and unco. Heaven help us if Plummer persists with her in the finals. Glad to see Bianca Chatfield and Janine Ilitch play well.

was the Aus v Wales game on tv????....i never knew that...lolz. i reguarly turn on channel 9 but its always shooting, weightlifitng n swimming on...lolz

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)