cub3root

fight another day
HSC
steering wheel on the left?

but nah that brushed/polished timber on leather, jonah hill.gif

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
Love it, looks like a mini s class from the outside. The only think i dislike is the growing trend of 'ipad' like displays, why can't they have it integrated back into the dash like they did 5 years ago.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Love it, looks like a mini s class from the outside. The only think i dislike is the growing trend of 'ipad' like displays, why can't they have it integrated back into the dash like they did 5 years ago.
Agreed. I don't know why MB did this with A/B class as well- I feel that my integrated screen in my C class looks good. I guess it's to show it's a thin LCD and not a huge CRT like the older cars.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
meh i like the current c class better, looks more sporty, less curvy
I think Benz are doing this on purpose now where they make the non-AMG kitted versions look a lot curvier/pleasing to common people, but then have an AMG kit version which is more aggressive.

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
The new Liberty's with premium interior look pretty similar. Except the centre console looks pretty different (this is where the C class did better I'm afraid).

Source: Driven one plentiful times.

But yeah, if you ever go in a premium Liberty, it has so much space inside. Its actually a bit bigger than the Outback wagons from the early 2000's and late 90's which I find pretty impressive for a saloon/sedan in size. Even has good boot space.

My whole point of this is that its kinda understandable why it could be at $60k with similar cars coming close to it at about $50-60k.

Not saying that the C class is worse, or better or the same as I have no idea what they are like in comparison to a Liberty, but the Japanese are getting competitive now on the saloon/sedan front.

dsouzamatt

HSC
Agreed. I don't know why MB did this with A/B class as well- I feel that my integrated screen in my C class looks good. I guess it's to show it's a thin LCD and not a huge CRT like the older cars.
I'm sure you'll both like the Tesla Model S then.

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
That C class aint gonna pick up any girls, meanwhile a 3 series.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
That C class aint gonna pick up any girls, meanwhile a 3 series.
Depends if it looks like your mum's car or yours IMO. I've seen some nicely modded ones. Alternatively just getting in matte black might do the trick :)

As for the Tesla, it does sound juicy but it's all just a bit too unknown for me in terms of long term, resale/residual, etc... Given the number of 'new brands' which have been introduced and failed in Australia due to lack of take up in recent years, I'd rather stick with tried and tested for now. Does look good though.

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
New 3 series aren't exactly good looking either.
M3/M4 is nice, the rest are fairly dull and all of them sound like shit.

I'm sure you'll both like the Tesla Model S then.

Depends if it looks like your mum's car or yours IMO. I've seen some nicely modded ones. Alternatively just getting in matte black might do the trick :)

As for the Tesla, it does sound juicy but it's all just a bit too unknown for me in terms of long term, resale/residual, etc... Given the number of 'new brands' which have been introduced and failed in Australia due to lack of take up in recent years, I'd rather stick with tried and tested for now. Does look good though.
I actually saw a Tesla at Surry Hills about 2 months ago, it looks really good imo. Photo is terrible quality but that was a combination of my phone and needing to massively reduce the file size to fit on BoS...

Screen Shot 2014-08-03 at 11.56.07 am.jpg

Last edited:

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
I actually saw a Tesla at Surry Hills about 2 months ago, it looks really good imo. Photo is terrible quality but that was a combination of my phone and needing to massively reduce the file size to fit on BoS...
Think I saw one in Alexandria recently, may have been an XF Jag though as I only got a glimpse. But I know someone who definitely did see a Model S on that same road before.

Saw a Tesla Roadster there before too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)