New C Class (1 Viewer)

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
Think I saw one in Alexandria recently, may have been an XF Jag though as I only got a glimpse. But I know someone who definitely did see a Model S on that same road before.

Saw a Tesla Roadster there before too.
Yep, i've spotted a red Roadster before as well in the cross city tunnel. The amazing thing was this was 2 years ago and Tesla was even more exclusive back then.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I think once there's more infrastructure in place for electric cars (heck, even here in NZS there are lots of charging points at least) I'd be keen for it but at this point in time, I prefer the safer choices.

Havox

HSC
Uni Grad
That grill is a bit too in your face for my taste. It might grow on me but I think I prefer the aesthetics of the previous gen car.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Went to MB dealership today to check it out and it is impressive with the floating centre console. The floating screen does still feel tacked on but is better in real life than in pictures. The GUI of the new COMAND system feels modern and refreshed based on the transitions/animations/etc and depth of options... but the touch pad interface with the wheel underneath feels convoluted because you're not always sure which one you should be using. I know it says everything can be done with the touch pad, but the touch pad feels inefficient and it misrecognises directional swipes particularly when the GUI shows something looking like you should be rotating to get things to move/change. Handwriting recognition is cool (reminded me of my old Palm). That all being said, interior still feels amazeballs in real life and definitely a step ahead of the BMW, Audi and Lexus.

LittleMissSunshine

HSC
Went to MB dealership today to check it out and it is impressive with the floating centre console. The floating screen does still feel tacked on but is better in real life than in pictures. The GUI of the new COMAND system feels modern and refreshed based on the transitions/animations/etc and depth of options... but the touch pad interface with the wheel underneath feels convoluted because you're not always sure which one you should be using. I know it says everything can be done with the touch pad, but the touch pad feels inefficient and it misrecognises directional swipes particularly when the GUI shows something looking like you should be rotating to get things to move/change. Handwriting recognition is cool (reminded me of my old Palm). That all being said, interior still feels amazeballs in real life and definitely a step ahead of the BMW, Audi and Lexus.
Great. :) I like the C200!

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Details of C63 AMG and C63s are out > http://www.caradvice.com.au/310145/2015-mercedes-benz-c63-amg-s-revealed-sedan-and-wagon/

2015-Mercedes-Benz-C63-AMG_08.jpg

Only quotes you need to know are;

Under the bonnet of the C63 AMG is a twin-turbocharged 4.0-litre V8 churning out 350kW of power and 650Nm of torque, which is 10kW and 50Nm more than what the same engine produces in the new entry-level Mercedes-AMG GT. The new car also eclipses the output of the existing model’s 336kW/600Nm 6.2-litre V8.
and

As has become the norm at AMG, there will also be a more powerful S model. The 1800kg C63 S AMG boasts a more powerful 375kW/700Nm version of the 4.0-litre twin-turbo V8; that’s the same amount of power, but 50Nm more torque than the Mercedes-AMG GT S.

The extra mumbo helps to shave 0.1sec from the 0-100km/h time, bringing it down to 4.1sec; top speed is still limited to 250km/h.

Aside from the engine, the S model also features 19-inch alloys, glossy black accents on the front bumper, an electronic locking rear differential, dynamic engine mounts, and uprated front and rear axles.

ameher

HSC
Interesting. out of curiosity what car do you own at the moment?

Evertone

HSC
I really cannot believe for so many years Mercedes have managed to sell out shit like that in droves. I've always loathed their designs, both in and out with a particularly acute ire. Jaguar manage to bring out a design a billion times better in their XF and don't even score a rate. It must have something to do with what's underneath the bonnet.

What particularly confuses is me is how that extruding quasi-iPad and those awful air conditioning rings or whatever look good to that mob. I dislike anything that clearly sticks out in general, really.

Credit where it is due of course - those seats don't look too bad.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I really cannot believe for so many years Mercedes have managed to sell out shit like that in droves. I've always loathed their designs, both in and out with a particularly acute ire. Jaguar manage to bring out a design a billion times better in their XF and don't even score a rate. It must have something to do with what's underneath the bonnet.

What particularly confuses is me is how that extruding quasi-iPad and those awful air conditioning rings or whatever look good to that mob. I dislike anything that clearly sticks out in general, really.

Credit where it is due of course - those seats don't look too bad.
Fair enough- I admit I'm a huge fan of the more recent designs coming out of MB. The XF was stellar when it was new but I don't think it's aged that well after seeing it now and potentially the new C Class may have the same issue. Agreed the floating display looks tacked on (I recently had a loan B-class with same thing) but I like the floating centre console (reminds me of some Volvo interiors actually). Engine-wise, I still rate my choice in the OM651 diesel engine.

ameher

HSC
Same C250 CDI I had before :)
Hahah fair enough. Do you find yourself bias to Merc since you are already an owner? Personally an owner of an audi, and while impressed by the New C Class, it's still not doing enough for me, but then again maybe I'm bias to Audi. I do agree though the interior looks stunning.

Havox

HSC
Uni Grad
New AMG is pretty hot, certainly pipped the M3/4 in the aesthetics department for me. That being said, the M cars are offered with a real (manual) transmission and that's the deal breaker in my eyes.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Hahah fair enough. Do you find yourself bias to Merc since you are already an owner? Personally an owner of an audi, and while impressed by the New C Class, it's still not doing enough for me, but then again maybe I'm bias to Audi. I do agree though the interior looks stunning.
Probably a little bit, but I've spent quite a bit of time test driving the other brands (I was seriously considering Audi A4/TT both last time when I bought the Evo X and when I bought the C250), and my family have some of the reasonably decent spec German cars in the stable... but no doubt I have some bias. I've also found that when I rock up to BMW dealerships, unless I'm driving an M car or 5/7 series, they tend to ignore me as I look around. *shrugs* Mercedes were better (I rocked up in an Evo wearing a hoody). Audi was the best in terms of not judging me based on look or car and if only I liked the Audi drive and interior/interface more, I probably would've bought an Audi!

isildurrrr1

HSC
N/A
Probably a little bit, but I've spent quite a bit of time test driving the other brands (I was seriously considering Audi A4/TT both last time when I bought the Evo X and when I bought the C250), and my family have some of the reasonably decent spec German cars in the stable... but no doubt I have some bias. I've also found that when I rock up to BMW dealerships, unless I'm driving an M car or 5/7 series, they tend to ignore me as I look around. *shrugs* Mercedes were better (I rocked up in an Evo wearing a hoody). Audi was the best in terms of not judging me based on look or car and if only I liked the Audi drive and interior/interface more, I probably would've bought an Audi!
I walked to an audi dealership with jeans and a tshirt and asked for a test drive and the guy was like "yeah its coo" and bought my car later that day :)

Got to test drive the RS5 and RS7 last year, pretty fucking sick cars. Now just waiting to test drive the new TT xD

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
AUdi RS7? Impressive lol. The best I've gotten was MB unlocking the SLS for me to sit and play with lol.

Back on topic of new C Class, after seeing quite a few in the flesh, I really like the look! Next to the new S it looks like a Baby Benz but cut from the same cloth (unlike the A/CLA which looks totally unrelated).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)