• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

New Car Advice (1 Viewer)

shuttle_bus5

HSC
this is what you are saying

if you are going to be killed in a 1 star car, chances are you will be killed in a 2 star
2 star 3 star
3 star etc

therefore

1 star = 5 star
Your attempt at logic proves just how much of a stupid fool you are.
Go troll elsewhere fail troll.

johnyG

HSC
I drive a suzuki swift (2009) and its brilliant. nice handling, low fuel consumption and it has enough power to keep you happy. its also a hell of a lot cheaper than a mazda 3.
good but they are chicks cars or for small people..

I do like the RE4 though.

IMO if you are young and want a fun car, get a JEEP WRANGLER!

astroe

HSC
At the end of the day, here are the findings from the reports of two comparable cars in the same class, yet with different safety scores:

5 star car:

ANCAP said:
5 Stars. The Cruze scored 15.04 out of 16 in the offset crash test. The passenger compartment held its shape very well. There was a slight risk of serious chest injury for the driver and passenger.
The vehicle scored 16 out of 16 in the side impact crash test and a further two points in the optional pole test.
4 star car:

ANCAP said:
The Civic Hybrid scored 11.24 out of 16 in the offset crash test. The passenger compartment held its shape well. Protection from serious leg injury was marginal for the driver.

The vehicle scored 15.47 out of 16 in the side impact crash test. There was a slight risk of serious chest and abdomen injury for the driver. A further two points were earned in the optional pole test.
(yes I know it's the Civic Hybrid, but again, for the purposes of a fair evaluation, it was the only model avaliable on ANCAP with the full suite of airbags.)

I'm not going to drive at 200km/h and do stupid things, but other people might.

I had a look at the Civic but it's the nearing the end of it's model life and the base model alone is pretty costly, about $26/$27k I believe.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I had a look at the Civic but it's the nearing the end of it's model life and the base model alone is pretty costly, about $26/$27k I believe.
Last I heard a brand new one was $22990 driveaway in manual for the VTi... but that was probably an 09 model.

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
If someone shoots you in the face with a shotgun you will die regardless of 1 star or 5 star so you should get a chinese knockoff.

HSC
Last I heard a brand new one was $22990 driveaway in manual for the VTi... but that was probably an 09 model.
yeah mine was about 23 for an auto in 08, but i think they put the prices up a fair bit so they could put that fail city sedan between the civic and the jazz or something

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I think you're right about the price increase,

The offer is $23,990 driveaway for a manual VTi.
HONDA - Buying Tools - Special Offers
Fair enough. I am betting you can still knock off quite a few $$$ from that price since it is an old model. It's a great car though so I highly recommend people to try it.

eat a dick haha that was your logic not mine you penk
Retard, that wasn't necessary.

Anyway, back to the post comparing the Cruze 5 star rating to the Civic, I'd still rather be in the Civic :) Did anyone see the Cruze get recalled this wk for fuel leaks?

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
dont get a european car unless you dont mind forking out $1000 per month for maintenance and repairs.

siddharthlaha

HSC
Uni Grad
good but they are chicks cars or for small people..

I do like the RE4 though.
totally not a chicks car!!!!

that said mine is a RE3 and in grey. if you bought it in bright pink and put flower stickers on it could pass as a girls car.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I just don't like the fact they are trying to call the car a rally edition when there is nothing rally about it. Apart from this it's a decent car.

astroe

HSC
I'm not too sure, all the Swift owners I know are female. :/
Hot pink personalised plates and Frangipani stickers on the back window. :p

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Definitely yay but don't get it done at the dealer's extortion. Getting it done outside from a pro shouldn't cost you more than $160 or so and they do a good job. Only reason I'd get it done at the dealer is if I wanted it on the invoice for tax purposes and convenience but I doubt this really applies to you as a student.

HSC
totally not a chicks car!!!!

that said mine is a RE3 and in grey. if you bought it in bright pink and put flower stickers on it could pass as a girls car.
definitely a chicks car imo

although earlier i saw a grey one with hello kitty's face airbrushed down the side and it was driven by some japanese guy, i lol'd pretty hard

siddharthlaha

HSC
Uni Grad
bah clearly you people calling Swifts chicks cars know nothing about cars.

its a brilliant car.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)