New iPhone 3G S - Apple WWDC 2009 (1 Viewer)

electrolysis

congenital schmuck
HSC
New iPhone came out today from Apple's WWDC, titled the iPhone 3G S, but wont be sold until June 19th in the US, dont have a clue when its coming to Australia though...

More detail on features (inc pics):
AppleInsider | Apple debuts speedier iPhone 3G S with built-in video camera

Basically, theres now a 3MP camera, a magnetometer, video recording, longer battery life, hands free control and also it now comes in 16GB and 32GB, while still keeping the 8GB iPhone 3G available alongside it
It looks pretty much the exact same as the iPhone 3G.

HSC
Im going to states tomorrow, looking at this phone!!

if i bought it in US, can i use it on 3 network in OZ?

(if there is anyway you can buy it outright)

Uncle

Banned
HSC
New iPhone came out today from Apple's WWDC, titled the iPhone 3G S, but wont be sold until June 19th in the US, dont have a clue when its coming to Australia though...

More detail on features (inc pics):
AppleInsider | Apple debuts speedier iPhone 3G S with built-in video camera

Basically, theres now a 3MP camera, a magnetometer, video recording, longer battery life, hands free control and also it now comes in 16GB and 32GB, while still keeping the 8GB iPhone 3G available alongside it
It looks pretty much the exact same as the iPhone 3G.

lolwut.
omfg i knew i should be saving money for this new iphone.

electrolysis

congenital schmuck
HSC
lolwut.
omfg i knew i should be saving money for this new iphone.
something about being able measure the strength and direction of a magnetic field to accomodate compass apps.. useful for gps i suppose, and also expect some new innovative apps to utilise it

electrolysis

congenital schmuck
HSC
btw, found out that the release date in australia is Friday 26th June :)

ClockworkSoldier

Clockwork Army
HSC
iWant.

Anyone have any idea whatsoever on the pricing? US $99 (base model iPhone 3G-S) translates to around $209 dollars AUS, but there are rumours of telco's hiking the price up to around $900 for their own benefit. I wouldn't put it past them.

But they ARE saying that it may be possible to buy one pre-paid...

electrolysis

congenital schmuck
HSC
iWant.

Anyone have any idea whatsoever on the pricing? US $99 (base model iPhone 3G-S) translates to around $209 dollars AUS, but there are rumours of telco's hiking the price up to around $900 for their own benefit. I wouldn't put it past them.

But they ARE saying that it may be possible to buy one pre-paid...
USD$99 is nowhere near AUD$209, its more like AUD$120.. anyways thats the new price for the normal, old 8GB iPhone 3G, the iPhone 3GS comes only in 16GB and 32GB sizes and is sold for USD$199 and USD$299 respectively
but anyways that doesnt matter coz its not going to be anywhere near that price, in the US that cost is paid upfront on top of a plan (off the top of my head unlimited data plans are something around USD$70 a month)
over here 16GB model is probably gonna be on free on a $79 cap or there abouts, prepaid should be around AUD$750

ClockworkSoldier

Clockwork Army
HSC
USD$99 is nowhere near AUD$209, its more like AUD$120.. anyways thats the new price for the normal, old 8GB iPhone 3G, the iPhone 3GS comes only in 16GB and 32GB sizes and is sold for USD$199 and USD$299 respectively
but anyways that doesnt matter coz its not going to be anywhere near that price, in the US that cost is paid upfront on top of a plan (off the top of my head unlimited data plans are something around USD$70 a month)
over here 16GB model is probably gonna be on free on a $79 cap or there abouts, prepaid should be around AUD$750
Still better than the current pricing at least.

jaredtomas

HSC
I'm getting it, because conveniently my current contract ends at the of this month.

Plans are expected to be released this weekend or Monday. I think I'm going to go with 3 or Vodafone, depending on prices. Telstra is too expensive and Optus is just terrible.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
apple is pretty smart releasing a shit iphone then upgrading it slowly.

yeah cause they totally didn't have the techonology to put a better camera/video/bigger storage in the iphone 3g.

rofl

efhat

HSC
that 59 cap with $0 upfront for the 16gb is looking pretty good to me

do you think the 16gb will come in both black and white on the cap?

electrolysis

congenital schmuck
HSC
that 59 cap with $0 upfront for the 16gb is looking pretty good to me

do you think the 16gb will come in both black and white on the cap?
read somewhere about there being black and white models for both 16gb and 32gb..

also 3 are releasing it later, in july :(

danz90

HSC
I called up Apple Store on George St today, and the prices to buy iPhone 3G S outright are:

16GB: $879
32GB: $1040

ClockworkSoldier

Clockwork Army
HSC
Why are the prepaid and outright prices so high?

I know a few people in the U.S. and they all say that the iPhone 3GS is sold for $200 give or take.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)