New macbooks are hideous (1 Viewer)

chamelia

HSC
withoutaface said:
Panasonic Toughbook.
Haha! Don't even joke! That probably really is the prettiest PC out there.

Nope, I've window shopped but Macs are by far the winners of the beauty pageant.

Mac OSX - Unbeatable. Don't even start on me. You cannot deny.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
chamelia said:
Haha! Don't even joke! That probably really is the prettiest PC out there.

Nope, I've window shopped but Macs are by far the winners of the beauty pageant.

Mac OSX - Unbeatable. Don't even start on me. You cannot deny.
I'm not joking. It's the only laptop I'd feel reasonably safe using to defend myself against an armed assailant.

dolbinau

HSC
you don't value functionality as highly as you value aesthetics, otherwise you'd be using Linux.
Is this a Joke? Linux is the least productive operating system out of Windows+OS X+Linux. And people complain about lack of software and games for OS X, god. (And no, Crossover, WINE or whatever doesn't count).

gloworm14

HSC
N/A
i'd buy one.

actually i am at the end of the year, but i dont know which one yet.:rolleyes:

aussie-boy

HSC
i dont think the design is better or worse... just different

apple has achieved some timeless designs, e.g. had the old aluminium powerbooks/MBPs been of a completely different design, apple could still release the old design next year and people would be OMFG that is sooo much better than the current one

just look at how they made the ipod mini, got rid of it, and then brought it back

same with the white imacs

what they are is fucking expensive... any smart people will see the $2200 MBPs on sale at domain and go for that rather than the new one

justanotherposter

Epic Member
HSC
Debaser33 said:
Whats to say that other laptops don't look good? It's one of the more irritating assumptions you people make, that no other laptops can be aesthetically pleasing. And obviously, you don't value functionality as highly as you value aesthetics, otherwise you'd be using Linux.
what? we're talking about functionality and you say linux is king? whilst linux is a good platform functionality definitely isn't one of it's strong points. **this is from my experience with ubuntu btw, i might be wrong for other distros.

anyhow anyone notice the optical drive on the new macbooks? prior to this have the optical drives been like this : http://www.appleinsider.com/article...r_superdrive_photos_notes_on_remote_disc.html ? i have never owned a macbook but always assumed that they used a external optical drive, this is the first time i've noticed a built in one.

HSC
dolbinau said:
Is this a Joke? Linux is the least productive operating system out of Windows+OS X+Linux. And people complain about lack of software and games for OS X, god. (And no, Crossover, WINE or whatever doesn't count).
ummm if i didn't use itunes there is no way i would be using windows, I am going to dual boot actually when my ubuntu 8.10 disk arrives.

It is not the least productive at all, not only did i find it faster then windows it was easy to use and it comes with everything you need straight out of the box.

there is not one thing that you can do on windows that you can not do on linux

HSC
chicky_pie said:
HP laptops are better, my fingerprint is my windows password ID
and what is the point of having a netbook that is slow to boot and slow to use?

justanotherposter

Epic Member
HSC
want2bdifferent said:
sorry not intrested
harsh :cold:

want2bdifferent said:
and what is the point of having a netbook that is slow to boot and slow to use?
little things, like the fact that you don't have to jump through hoops to get a decent version of msn going. and don't give me crap that kmess and amsn is a good alternative, they're absolute crap next to windows live.

don't get me wrong, i use linux for my homebrew ftp server but the undeniable fact is that linux is not ready for mainstream use yet.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
chicky_pie said:
Wooo, gimmicks.

Also (though I'm using Vista at the moment) I've found Pidgin to be a perfectly acceptable msn client in the past. I mean the user comments functionality is missing a little bit, but not being a 14 year old girl that didn't really bother me all that much.

ClockworkSoldier

Clockwork Army
HSC
I don't like the loss of firewire. Some of my Audio equipment won't plug directly into the Mac.

It looks far better though. And far more sturdy. I like how Apple have actually listened to consumer feedback and fixed a product.

Davo1111

HSC
N/A
chicky_pie said:
almost all computers have this now. It's really not that exciting, you can even get usb equivelents for like $30.

ASUS laptops have facial recognition logon (using the webcam). It's quite quick too.

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
Are they any good for the latest games? eg ut3, crysis, gears of war, cod4 (that is, if mac versions exist at all, haha to mac owners)

dolbinau

HSC
want2bdifferent said:
ummm if i didn't use itunes there is no way i would be using windows, I am going to dual boot actually when my ubuntu 8.10 disk arrives.

It is not the least productive at all, not only did i find it faster then windows it was easy to use and it comes with everything you need straight out of the box.

there is not one thing that you can do on windows that you can not do on linux
Disagree completely. Adobe Pro apps for a start (no GIMP does not compete), Professional music notation software - even video editing. Three things I hated from my experience. Productivity for Linux sucks. The free alternatives suck. Gaming sucks (worse than OS X). People need to port applications. A better MSN client and iTunes, and I'd use it over windows. (Although redundant with OS X).

It is strange that you're a girl though :p, what nationality are you? (kidding).

Last edited:

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
Davo1111 said:
ASUS laptops have facial recognition logon (using the webcam). It's quite quick too.
My asus has that, but it sux heaps. You gotta make sure u got the exact facial expression as when u calibrated it, i tried calibrating it at first, and couldnt get a single match afterwards (as in 10 seconds after i calibrated).
Fingerprint and password take roughly the same time logging in, but only because with password i gotta click on my name before typing, otherwise typing would be the fastest logon for me if the password box came up straight away. I actually prefer typing the password, sometimes my finger doesnt scan properly: "move your finger slightly to the right" - lol.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)