new PC build issue (1 Viewer)

astroman

HSC
EDIT: FIXED, FUCKING RAM WASN'T COMPTIBLE

sup guys

As the title says, my monitor gets no signal when I plug it into my GPU and power it on. I have checked it also by directly plugging the monitor into the motherboard dvi itself and I have also checked using hdmi cables.

The monitor isn't faulty because it works fine when I connect it with a vga cable to my laptop.

The computer seems to be working fine as well since all fans are spinning and the motherboard lights are on.

I tried two old monitors as well by connecting them into the GPU with DVI but still get the exact same 'no input signal' issue.

Here is a list of the parts I'm currently using:

Could someone please be able help find a possible solution.

Thanks

- "IT" student.

lol :(

Last edited:

ProdigyInspired

Tafe Advocate
HSC
Did you use a different GPU before? Perhaps Integrated? Try using integrated and install AMD Drivers.

If not use DDU to reinstall drivers.

turntaker

HSC
Try to plug into integrated graphics. If that doesn't work. Remove the graphics card and try again. If that doesn't work. Remove all your ram and put only one in and still have your GPU removed and try that.

astroman

HSC
Try to plug into integrated graphics. If that doesn't work. Remove the graphics card and try again. If that doesn't work. Remove all your ram and put only one in and still have your GPU removed and try that.
tried that all, still same problem. also ryzen 7 chips have no iGPU.

turntaker

HSC
Does the motherboard have a speaker? If so does it beep when it turns on? If it doesn't beep it means there's some problem or if it keeps beeping it could mean something else.

Also did you power the GPU with the PSU.?

astroman

HSC
Does the motherboard have a speaker? If so does it beep when it turns on? If it doesn't beep it means there's some problem or if it keeps beeping it could mean something else.

Also did you power the GPU with the PSU.?
MOBO doesn't have a speaker but I'll try to see if I can get one, do you know of any shops in the West that stock it?

Yep GPU is powered with PSU.

Shit doesn't work yo.

Menomaths

Exaı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸lted Member
HSC
Try turning it off and on again

b0b101

Pharaoh
HSC
MOBO doesn't have a speaker but I'll try to see if I can get one, do you know of any shops in the West that stock it?

Yep GPU is powered with PSU.

Shit doesn't work yo.
Is it in the right boot mode? Some 480s have a switch on the card to put it into legacy boot, you might of tripped it when you installed it...

Also :https://www.asus.com/au/support/FAQ/1029953/

Last edited:

i1337

HSC
N/A
Get a USB to HDMI/vga/dvi or w/e displayport your monitor has, see if that works. It'll narrow down the issue. Also try inspecting the pins on the gpu slot, if some are bent u may need to align them properly. Else, jam the gpu in harder. I know this has been mentioned but really make sure all the connectors are tightly installed.

astroman

HSC

So hear you can see the front USB 3.0 connectors for the case came off after I unplugged it, it's tacky AF.

Broader shot of everything

Wraith spire cooler LED not working, plugged into correct RGB header. AMD light appears fine, fan is fine.

MOBO lights on, GPU light on and fans spin.

Shits fucked, i've contacted PCCASEGEAR and they are all good to get it returned and checked. I've ordered a MOBO speaker from ebay which will come next week so i'm waiting. I'm planning on returning the MOBO+CPU+COOLER+RAM+GPU so they can see what the fuck is going on.

Will update once I get a response.

Last edited:

i1337

HSC
N/A
If you get a USB to HDMI converter and return it after you've used it, it'll help narrow down the issue alot. PCG might send it back to the manufacturer, which will take a while. These converters use CPU to output video.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)