• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

New Zealand Hip hop is killing aussie hip hop.... (1 Viewer)

7th Sign

HSC
man why does nz have soo many great artists and australia has like no one....australia is like 4 times bigger then nz i dont get it.....

just to name a few that are been backed by artists like mobb deep and akon...

*deceptikonz
*P Money
*Scribe

australia has like no one this big in the hip hop game worldwide ....

only artists are guys like "tranman" + other groups :| is this the future of australian hip hop :| we need some new group and fast!....

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
I listen to Hilltop Hoods, it's the only Australian hip hop I actually listen to.

zahid

Sheikh Mujib-ur-Rahman
HSC
bazookajoe said:
I listen to Hilltop Hoods, it's the only Australian hip hop I actually listen to.
buahahahahahha...hilltop hoods...great joke.

slip

HSC
All the big hip hop rap acts are absolutely shit. Im glad australia doesnt have anyone famous for being that unoriginal. You dont have to be 'big' or famous to be good. Really you should just listen to what you like, so that means big overseas hip hop artists, or talented but not well known australian hip hop artists.

I shouldnt matter what others think of a group if you like the music the fact no one else does shouldnt change anything.

I really love the aussie acts have just a slight hip hop influence, but are really a blend of many styles with the australian culture.

In my opinion groups like Hiltop Hoods, Butterfingers, Downsyde, Cat Empire are really good, there are a bunch of other acts that are australian and far far more hip hop orientated (considering the bands i named it wouldnt be hard) that I believe are alot better then 95% of the trash we hear from overseas.

There are loads of great artists out there you just need to take the time to find them.

HSC
imho

aussie hip hop > NZ hip hop

as much as i dont really like aussie hip hop at all (aside from obviously bliss n eso and a select few)

scribe is absolute ASSSSSS the only good hting about him is the beat from 'dreaming' but my god does he fkn suck as a lyricist he's raps are full of bullshit.

P-Money fkn sucks too his producing sucks dick

savage is fkn gay too

NZ hip hop stand up......FUCK NO...SIT THE FUCK DOWN

end rant.

slip

HSC
Why does music have to be compared to other music? Where does it say that you cant like everything? Why is every one so negative?

7th Sign

HSC
slip said:
In my opinion groups like Hiltop Hoods, Butterfingers, Downsyde, Cat Empire are really good, there are a bunch of other acts that are australian and far far more hip hop orientated (considering the bands i named it wouldnt be hard) that I believe are alot better then 95% of the trash we hear from overseas.

compared to the artists that i listed groups like cat empire and hilltop hoods totally suck....cat empire isnt even concidered as hip hop 2 me.....

7th Sign

HSC
William_Lawry said:
what a crap thread.. again started by 7th sign
compared to the other threads in the music section my thread is no where near crap...

stfu and go listen to you hi 5 album mofo....

50Cent

The Protege
HSC
there is no such thing as NZ hip hop, same with Australian music, it doesnt exist, for the pure fact that its shit.

7th Sign

HSC
Trippendicular said:
At least the Cat Empire have some idea of how to make a song sound good

u think their songs are good :|

your obviously not a hip hop fan

probly a pop music fan...

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
how good are the herd and resin dogs though???
and what about che fu?

nicko88

whatever..
HSC
7th Sign said:
man why does nz have soo many great artists and australia has like no one....australia is like 4 times bigger then nz i dont get it.....

just to name a few that are been backed by artists like mobb deep and akon...

*deceptikonz
*P Money
*Scribe

australia has like no one this big in the hip hop game worldwide ....

only artists are guys like "tranman" + other groups :| is this the future of australian hip hop :| we need some new group and fast!....
Yeah I reckon, NZ is totally killing us. Scribe is da bomb!

slip

HSC
resin dogs are awesome, herd are pretty good too.

some people, not naming any names... 7th sign... are thick as. its not a competition, i was just saying that i prefer cat empire and the other acts i mentioned to the acts that you mentioned and overseas hip hop acts.

what does saying one band is shit really achieve? say you dont like an artist fine, but why do you need to make rude comments.

and guys, have you ever thought that australian hip hop is particular popular? probably because the majority of people think that it isnt as good as the acts that are popular, such as cat empire. (and for 7th sign, just incase you to stupid to understand what that means, ill put it bluntly, most people think australian hip hop is shit, get over it)

7th Sign

HSC
ive heard enough cat empire empier...i know their shit ... how can people even like them or concider their music to be hip hop i dont get it.....their POP crap music

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)