Newbie (1 Viewer)

Rorix

HSC
mojako said:
Oh, Rorix's rollercoaster doesn't look like a rolercoaster now.

You can play the game. Press stop on your browser and see what you get:). I always get star^_^.

On the note of text messaging, there was this quite good story I read in the English Extension 2 showcase book (I think from last year) that incorporated some chat lingo, as part of ICQ chat logs (along with other forms of writing, more sophistiacted).

mojako

HSC
I got all three (there are only three right?)
the flower is the less common.

Will_Sparky

Left BOS 8/7/2005...
HSC
Of course there is a code :p. But, they I'm pretty sure they can talk after the marking period when results are out :p. And people I know have marked Chemistry and gotton papers like that which they had to give 0 to.

Rorix

HSC
Welcome to the forums.

We only post for our own amusement. Sometimes that includes maths.

Rorix

HSC
Welcome to the forums.

Rorix

HSC
Welcome to the forums.

Rorix

HSC
sometimes i post 3 times because it makes me feel good

mojako

HSC
Rorix said:
sometimes i post 3 times because it makes me feel good
sometimes it's because the forum lags :p
whoops.. they put a time limitation now so that there are no double posts
(notice I wrote it's, not it is)

@ Trev:
It has everything, everything to do with maths!!
1. Slide Rule is a manual calculating device, now largely obsolete, consisting of two rulers marked with graduated logarithmic scales, one sliding inside the other
2. Rorix's game is to calculate the probability of getting the different pictures in the animated GIF file.
3. The statement "And people I know have marked Chemistry and gotton papers like that which they had to give 0 to" is given to remind people of the meaning of the symbol "0".
4. The username Li0n further emphasises the importance of that symbol.
5. The "o" in mojako and Rorix is so to remind people that there are many other symbols in mathematics and focus should not be given solely to the symbol "0".
6. The statement "way too much info" is to emphasise the point that we can't learn too much in a very short time. This is significant in that we can't do maths 24 hours a day and hope to learn a lot. We will forget everything if we do so. In addition, the signature "You can only learn so much and live" further emphasises this point by a language technique of repetition of idea. This implies that balance between maths and arts subjects is essential (english falls under the arts faculty in most universities).
7. "White isn't invisible" relates to the idea that the probability of white being invisible is zero.
8. "#f5f5ff is, however" introduces the hexadecimal number system, which is an efficient way to write out very large numbers. It also distinguishes maths from science since the scientific notation (such as 1.2 x 10^3) doesn't use any letter.
9. The idea of broken keyboard demonstrates how careful design of a device using mathematical model sometimes doesn't give the best result.

There are many other important things in this thread in regards to mathematics.

Last edited:

Rorix

HSC
sometimes the forum lags so I keep pressing post quick reply and it posts my message 3 times

mojako

HSC
Rorix said:
sometimes the forum lags so I keep pressing post quick reply and it posts my message 3 times
didn't you do this one on purpose though?
what do you think of my edited post?

Archman

HSC
N/A
Hahaha, very nice mojako.
a bit surprised that everything in it was visible though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)