Newbie (1 Viewer)

Stash

hey im a yr11 student startin d HSC course pretti soon n i would lik 2 knw wat d 3u HSC maths is lik n can u also tell me wat i need 2 knw/do 2 do well in dis course thanzz
by the way dis is my 1st thread

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Translation for those incapable of reading umm what language would you call the above?: Hello, I am a student in year 11 who will be undertaking the Higher School Certificate Course soon. If possible I would like to know what the Mathematics Extension 1 course is like; also could someone please tell me what I need to know to do well in the Mathematics Extension 1 course.

In case you haven't realised by my post count or complete lack of typing skill this is my 1st thread

Past papers, and you need to know all the year 11 stuff. It takes a while but shouldn't take too much longer then the huge amount of work on english you need.

Archman

HSC
N/A
Well there are also lots of textbooks. Did you do extension 1 maths in year 11? and if so, how did you go?
last time i saw someone spell thanks with double z, his keyboard was broken.

Stash

ya i did 3u in yr 11 n i do alrite got lik 76% for my yearlies exam.

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Well I would be more interested in your scores for English though ; )
You should do fine then.

Of course, when you have to write down reasons for circle geometry putting ∠ in altn8 cegmnt R de same really wont do

Last edited:

mojako

HSC
Welcome to the forum where invisibility is highly valued.
If you know what I mean...
The HSC course will be similar to the year 11 one.

The HSC exam itself will examine year 11 and year 12 content, because the Board doesn't dictate schools as to which topics are to be studied in year 11 and which in year 12.

Last edited:

mojako

HSC
>> Of course, when you have to write down reasons for circle geometry putting ∪ in altn8 cegmnt R de same really wont do <<

It will, provided the marker is used to text messaging :)
But it's still not a good idea though.

EDIT: whoaa.. where did that quote come from??

Last edited:

Rorix

HSC
This thread is full of useful advice
and invisible hillarity

Archman

HSC
N/A
hmm, mojako must be seeing things
if you know what i mean...
<font color="#f5f5ff">you give away waaay too much</font>

mojako

HSC
hmm.. probably..
I havent been feeling right recently
too much study and no sleep I guess...
now is play time :)
well... I just think that everyone should be given the opportunity to see everything. At least if I give them a hint I've done my duty as a responsible person. ^_^

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Welcome to the forum, yes you should do fine in yr 12 3u or indeed 4u.
Matthew be nice

mojako

HSC
Hmm... from the evidence you've been given so far, is it suffice to say that I'm going crazy?
How much does it cost to go to a psychologist?

BTW, be careful if you're planning to do 4U.. that course is cursed. Look at what our 4U geniuses have turned into...
I managed to escape from the most fatal curse but as a result I keep seeing strange things around me.
If only I didn't do 4U.... :(

To further demonstrate my insanity, I'll tell you what I was thinking: Queen Upper Organisation For Terrorism Eradication.
I keep thinking that I'm a target of terrorists.

Last edited:

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
GOING crazy? YOU ARE CRAZY! :p

Rorix

HSC
lusciousghia said:
poor mojako...too much study, not enough play
White isn't invisible.
#f5f5ff is, however

Will_Sparky

Left BOS 8/7/2005...
HSC
I did 3u in year 11, and I didn't do too poorly at it. BUT, I found that after I dropped it my 2u mark went from like an 80 to a 90, and with the exception of 2, I'm now beating all of the 3u course. Keep it only if you like it, cause I know I hated yr 11 3u, and apparently Yr 12 aint a picnic either.

lusciousghi: People submit exams like that in MANY subjects (research for a speech I did last year on text messages and english) and anyone who does gets an instant ZERO! Regardless of if it was English, Maths, Chemistry, Physics, etc.

mojako

HSC
Oh, Rorix's rollercoaster doesn't look like a rolercoaster now.
And... I just happen to think about this during one of my temporary insanity sessions..
Suppose someone said: "anyone who submits exams with text messaging acronyms gets an instant ZERO"
I would disagree with him/her.

Will_Sparky

Left BOS 8/7/2005...
HSC
you know mojako, I had the same thought, supoose you did disagree with someone, I would HAVE to agree with them. If the marker cannot understand the language its written in, then its doesn't really count towards marks does it. I've heard from actual markers (yes, they broke the code of the marking centre) that anyhitng that comes in like that, gets a zero for that question. Especially in English (although you rarely hear of it happening there and only during SC really.

mojako

HSC
hmm I wasn't taking about English, but subjects like maths or science.
>>(yes, they broke the code of the marking centre) <<
Do you mean there's a code which prohibits them from telling marking criteria / policy?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)