newcastle uni to UWS (1 Viewer)

davo_

good kid
HSC
Honestly kids... the fact is: this debate really isn't about marks. It is about smarts; and really NonExistant, you are not making many friends. And you can quote some fuckwit who went well, but the fact is you're not that fuckwit.If you're so worried about how you go, you're probably a toss anyway. Night Love.

P.S: If ya wanna join the marks debate I'm beating you.

HSC
despite this squabbling,
on another note

natstar said:
Whats your major? As UWS tends to have specific degrees for specific majors, with the exception of Business and commerce
i'm majoring in accounting and also in info systems.

beccaxx said:
wow r u in emily's class?
we were doing 3 of the same courses but unfortunately i haven't.

NonExistant

Don't read this sentance.
HSC
natstar said:
Stay out of it. You especially becuase your a fucken dumb shit
Nasty but true
That's pretty hypocritical to tell him to stay out of it when you came into this also when there was no direct attacks on you.

Who ever said they weren't my marks, they were anyway, deal with it.

To whoever saying I'm not winning any friends, you'd have to be pretty sad to have to resort to using the internet to "win friends", I'm just here for fun.

For whoever said it's not about marks, it's about smarts, and then proceeded to bring up their own marks, think before you speak.

NonExistant

HSC
davo_ said:
Perhaps you should practise reading as well.
Perhaps you should elaborate.

And natstar, give it up, you can't profess UWS as being the best uni, because it quite simply isn't. It may not be overly terrible, but there are numerous other universities that are better than it in one or most fields, specifically business. That's right, I had it down as a preferance, OMG that must mean I secretly love it. It was a preferance of last resort I fail to see how that has any bearing? If I didn't make it into uni at all I would of gone to TAFE, but does that mean I think TAFE is awesome? Hell no I think it's utter shit.

Take off your rose colored glasses of your uni, and start becoming realistic. Why does UWS in general have lower average incomes and employment rates compared to other sydney unis of similar courses? Why aren't employers clammering to get UWS graduates?

klh

HSC
wow...natstar just leave it, she wants to stir shit up so let him, she'll get bored and f*ck off soon enough.

when did i say i failed anything? dunce, you have not researched my marks, why say so.
FYI i got a d average for my first semester so up yours, maybe when people ahve other things in their life, it may affect their marks. now get over yourself, marks are nothing compared to the real world and who knows what circumstances you had to ge those marks...you could've kissed alot of ass or studied your ass off because you dont have any friends.
once again does it matter? an education institution like uws..who teaches the students? lectureres who actually graduated from unis like Usyd, Unsw, Uts etc. as well as oversaeas unis. how can you criticise a uni which has graduates from unis that you so say are better than uws. be in th eknow before making stupid shit up and bantering around like a stupid f*cktard.

Anyway, there is also a double degree in folr Info sys and accg= B Biz Admin (Accg and Info Sys) here is the link http://handbook.uws.edu.au/hbook/course.asp?course=2549.1
B Biz and Comm: http://handbook.uws.edu.au/hbook/course.asp?course=2513.1
becasue yours is a commerce degree, id reccomemd the B Biz and Comm degree since it fits in with yours more i.e. is also has accg and info sys majors...the other degree is a double and thus takes longer to complete.
hope that helps you.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Why do you insist on pointing out that the lecturers at UWS come from other universities? Is it because you think a lecturer from UWS would be shit, or is it just to counter their held misconception?

klh

HSC
the latter...there are many uws lecturers as well too!
and many tutors that do research or are from otehr unis or are tafe teachers.
you see usually they say "oh uws is crap coz they teach crap" or something similar. so to show the real deal, they would be saying that some of thier unis grads are crap too.
this was a thread for trasnfers not a arguing about why uws is crap/not the best thread.

NonExistant

HSC

Benny1103

HSC
N/A
FYI i got a d average for my first semester so up yours, maybe when people ahve other things in their life, it may affect their marks. now get over yourself, marks are nothing compared to the real world and who knows what circumstances you had to ge those marks...you could've kissed alot of ass or studied your ass off because you dont have any friends.
Because you really don't deserve to get high marks if you study right? Gosh, you'd think that wasting your life with peripheral things would get you those high grades wouldn't you? In any case, the final result is what matters. No one gives a crap as to what you did(or didn't do) to get it so its pretty pointless to make excuses.

As for ass kissing, what are you going on about? It'd be pretty dodgy if people are able to get good marks because they're brown nosers. Do you know of any examples of this occuring?

0o0

o0o
HSC
N/A
klh said:
this guy here

klh

HSC
Benny1103 said:
Because you really don't deserve to get high marks if you study right? Gosh, you'd think that wasting your life with peripheral things would get you those high grades wouldn't you? In any case, the final result is what matters. No one gives a crap as to what you did(or didn't do) to get it so its pretty pointless to make excuses.

As for ass kissing, what are you going on about? It'd be pretty dodgy if people are able to get good marks because they're brown nosers. Do you know of any examples of this occuring?
but im sure that otehr things in your life will affect your marks?
i did not say not studying should still get high marks, i said that thsoe who get low marks have other things on their mind or life which may affect their work and thus marks. Excuses or not, they affect the end result, yes? So you amy say excuses excuses, they affect the end result anyway in certain circumstances.

yes i have seen ass kissing, not at uni but at high school. The old favouritism...uni is more objective. however other unis i do not know of..tafe also happens as well.

the real world does matter, what would be the use of a degree is it cannot be applied to real world situations..empty knowledge.

would you like some examples??? i could go in the uni and get that file which shows you this dude who did crap at uni in science but did well in the real world? yes you can argue that its rare but whatever...

NonExistant

HSC
klh said:
but im sure that otehr things in your life will affect your marks?
i did not say not studying should still get high marks, i said that thsoe who get low marks have other things on their mind or life which may affect their work and thus marks. Excuses or not, they affect the end result, yes? So you amy say excuses excuses, they affect the end result anyway in certain circumstances.

yes i have seen ass kissing, not at uni but at high school. The old favouritism...uni is more objective. however other unis i do not know of..tafe also happens as well.

the real world does matter, what would be the use of a degree is it cannot be applied to real world situations..empty knowledge.

would you like some examples??? i could go in the uni and get that file which shows you this dude who did crap at uni in science but did well in the real world? yes you can argue that its rare but whatever...
So you've seen it fit to judge that because I have high marks, obviously I have it on "easy street", and have not had any hardships? Sorry, wrong, I guess that must make my marks even more impressive because they were gained under far less than ideal circumstances. People who make excuses based on circumstances are a cop out. You talk about how it's important to be able to perform in the "real world", well what kind of employer is going to want an employee who crumbles when circumstances get tough? Luckaly of course I can also apply my knowledge to the real world, again you were making assumptions based on nothing, a skill which unfortunately will not get you by in the real world.

You'll find that many of the people who do crap in schooling/education, and then go on to acheive great things, are generally, simply BORED with the teachings because they are too slow and simple, not because they find it difficult (Einstien to site an example). I could say this occured for me in school, but then we'd just be trading unsubstantiable claims, something which you seem to enjoy, however I do not.

I find it difficult to believe that people firstly said the marks weren't mine, then said I must have studied my ass off, or had no friends, and also no hardships, all of which is not true. This wasn't even a fully motivated or intense effort, so if I'm already achieving marks that are 'unbelieveable', well I pitty the competition when I'm hitting my peak then. If an employer has the choice between someone with wicked marks and who is an all around package, and some other guy who all they can say is "oh but look at his marks, he must just be a nerd"... I think they'll pick the one who isn't a jelous whinger.

So next time, grow up before you make claims which are clearly wrong. I notice you said you got a D average first semester... what happened after that? Go down hill did it, and that's why you didn't mention it? of course....

NonExistant

HSC
natstar said:
Ur only 1st year 1st semester. 1st year 1st semester is easy. We are in 2nd year, it gets much harder, so unless you can get a D average or higher this semster, next semester and the next semester after that, dont make comments on other people's performance
I'm sure I will. I'll also point out that at UTS the 6 core/pre-req business subjects can be taken in any order, so I have already done subjects equivalent to next semester.

So where does it end, in 2nd year I'm sure you'll be going "oh but 3rd year are so much harder", when I'm in third year I'm sure you'll be going"ohh but it's all about finding a job", once I have a higher paying job I'm sure you'll be like"oh but pay isn't important, it's about how much experiance you have". Give it up, I'm sure your first year average was worse than mine anyway... and that's a fact, not an guess.

Last edited:

Benny1103

HSC
N/A
Uh actually it would seem more logical to suggest that 1st year 1st semester is more difficult, in terms of achieving really high scores. The reason being is that by the end of year 12, after exams, you'd be making choices relating to university, work, accodomodation etc thus cutting down on your preparation time for the start of semester. Not to mention other factors, such as 'recovering' from highschool exams and not being accustomed to the pace of university.

On the other hand. By the end of first year university, you would have a pretty good idea as to the teaching/learning/study style of university would you agree? Moreover, you will have had 3 months to prepare for your second year subjects. Now unless the subjects you are taking are all entirely practical and you have absolutely no textbooks or notes to study off then you have can't really say that second year is way more difficult than first year. Considering that 2nd year students are way more familiar with university than first year students, and they get more time to prepare for their subjects.

Look at it this way, do you think someone who aced vector calculus as a first/second year student would have had much difficultly with evaluating a line integral in their exam? Chances are they would've found it to be fairly straight forward. But how do you think they would've handled the same problem as a 5 year old? They wouldn't even be able to start doing the question. The point is, you can't really draw logical conclusions from comparisons between years, especially if the comparisons are supposed to suggest a huge difference in difficulty between different years.

klh - I saw it in highschool but it was only in year 7 and 8. When it got to the stage when scores really mattered, the teachers weren't biased. I mean, how could they be in subjects like maths, english and chemisry? (This is excluding subjects which consist of ridiculous assessment tasks.)

As for the "real world." I really don't see why you decided to bring it up. It started with marks and then an irrelevant thing(the "real world") was brought up? I don't see the relevance. I mean, the discussion wasn't on the topic 'marks vs real life bs...what's more important.' So whether or not the "real world" matters is a side issue at most.

As for marks, we all know that there can never be complete equality in terms of exam preparation and obviously, at least for some people, this will affect their marks. But the fact is that what you, and others see, is the final result. I mean, what are you going to do if say inadequate exam prep affected you before some exams? Request that some extra comments be added to your academic transcript? Something like "Little Johnny was too lazy to study for chem122142141 because he was preoccupied with getting wasted on the weekend before his exam. So even though he got 12/100 for his exam, potential employers should just ignore this and regard it as 100/100 because this is what he would've obtained if he had studied."

natstar - To me preparation encompasses a lot more than simply flicking through a few pages of a textbook. Unless the person is a genius there is no way that someone can understand concepts extremely well without having done many questions. As for whether or not preparation is possible for a subject. I find that for most of the subjects I do, yes it is. Looking at subject descriptions(which include the main topics of the subject) already gives you a pretty good idea as to what is going to be covered. With that out of the way, preparation is cetainly possible, just grab a textbook and plow through some questions.

I realise that most of the subjects I do are not even similar to the ones that you would do. However, I did some accounting in highschool(yes I know its not exactly the same at university level accounting. However most first year accounting subjects I've seen are structured so that even students who haven't done accounting before can take it. So the stuff I've seen in highscool is not totally irrelevant) - and preparation is possible. All of the 'balancing' and basic calculations are just textbook problems which can be done by anyone who wishes to prepare early.

Last edited:

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Each and every person is going to find things difficult or easy depending on a plethora of factors, the concept of trying to judge how 'easy' or 'difficult' something is, is frankly fruitless and can be both backed up and refuted.

I'm sure those that aren't good with humanities styled subjects would find humanities subjects difficult in much the same way those that are not science or maths orientated would find those subjects difficult.

1st year is a lot more lenient, but at the same time as someone brought up, i forgot who, that there is bound to be difficulty in it, and from experience, doing 1st year subjects in 2nd year has made them quite easy.

But that's not at hand, lay off the personal attacks people.

NonExistant

HSC
natstar said:
Seriously, I dont care, what ur marks are......
Originally Posted by NonExistant
again you were making assumptions based on nothing, a skill which unfortunately will not get you by in the real world.....
natstar said:
he's prolly got much better grades than you actually....
So you just made assumptions about 2 peoples marks in the one sentance... That's even worse than just one persons. In case you didn't realise my original comment was a joke, based on that he was talking about fails and then incorrectly calculated how fails effect GPA. You seem to have taken it upon yourself to come rushing into this thread to attack me for no reason, when no comments were made about you, or your uni at all? You made the first baseless assumption, I simply then showed how wrong baseless assumptions can be, then made some of my own to highlight the point.

NonExistant

HSC
natstar said:
I didnt make an assumption of klh's marks.

natstar said:
he's prolly got much better grades than you actually....
If you didnt make a petty remark like that, this wouldent have started, and yet you assumed again
Just give up, mine was clearly a joke, yet you came in here just for a chance to have a stab at me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)