newcastle uni to UWS (1 Viewer)

davo_

good kid
HSC
haha... you're a funny lot aren't yas.. I hope yas all do well in uni, but don't forget to have a few beers as well. Jesus people, this argument is ridiculous, I mean fuck, don't yas have some better things to do other than writing essays in the BoS forums (yeah I'm talking to you benny).

Benny1103

HSC
N/A
If you actually you consider that to be an essay then I wouldn't be suprised at all, if you failed english. Your response itself would lend support to that hypothesis. Anyone on an internet message board who even suggests that they have more of a life than another person on the same board is a real sad case.

Benny1103

HSC
N/A
Oh no, a typo. I guess that means my top 2.2% english score last year was just a dream. If you're wondering what relevance my score has to do with your 'insightful' reference to my post, the answer is simple. It has as much relevance in this response to your post, as your 'irony' comment has to do with this topic.

NonExistant

Don't read this sentance.
HSC
Benny1103 said:
Oh no, a typo. I guess that means my top 2.2% english score last year was just a dream. If you're wondering what relevance my score has to do with your 'insightful' reference to my post, the answer is simple. It has as much relevance in this response to your post, as your 'irony' comment has to do with this topic.
I see higher school English didn't teach you how to construct fluent and easy to read sentences. Instead it simply taught you to be opinionated and construct largely irrelevant arguements, as a cover up for your stupidity. Unfortunately this seems to be all that English is good at doing.

Benny1103

HSC
N/A
Hmm...so you make a claim about my supposed stupidity. Of course, I don't need to justify my level of intelligence to you. However, my TER > your UAI so if I'm stupid then what does that make you? Oh but I forgot about your trump card didn't I? That is, UAI doesn't indicate anything about intelligence right? I guess that is why so many dumbasses get 100 UAI correct?

In any case, suppose that you would actually use the UAI can't be used to compare intelligence 'argument'. There are things which could arise from such a claim, in the context of the current discussion that is. I will just list one for now.

(i) You use the above argument to say that you are not stupid even though you just said that someone with a higher tertiary entrance score is stupid.

In this case you would need to provide something to justify such a claim. Tertiary entrance rankings would be the only thing which could provide an unbiased comparison of two people's ability to outperform each other. You've lost on this front. Then again, I guess you could just say "oMgZ y0u m4d3 a tYpoz!1!1! lolol." But if you were to use such a ridiculous argument(which implicitly, you have) then you would be making assumptions about someone's intelligence based on a single observation.

In which case, unless you are a hypocrite, the UAI argument(again in the context of this discussion - as in, what you have said) can be used to indicate your stupidity. This is because you have foolishly passed judgment on a person's level of intelligence based on one observation. In turn, another person may just as well make an assumption about your level of intelligence(or rather, stupidity) based on another observation, that is, your inferior UAI.

Oh btw, good going shuter.

Instead it simply taught you to be opinionated and construct largely irrelevant arguements
I guess it didn't teach you much. Or taking a leaf out of your book, oh the irony!

Last edited:

davo_

good kid
HSC
Benny1103 said:
Hmm...so you make a claim about my supposed stupidity. Of course, I don't need to justify my level of intelligence to you. However, my TER > your UAI so if I'm stupid then what does that make you? Oh but I forgot about your trump card didn't I? That is, UAI doesn't indicate anything about intelligence right? I guess that is why so many dumbasses get 100 UAI correct?

In any case, suppose that you would actually use the UAI can't be used to compare intelligence 'argument'. There are things which could arise from such a claim, in the context of the current discussion that is. I will just list one for now.

(i) You use the above argument to say that you are not stupid even though you just said that someone with a higher tertiary entrance score is stupid.

In this case you would need to provide something to justify such a claim. Tertiary entrance rankings would be the only thing which could provide an unbiased comparison of two people's ability to outperform each other. You've lost on this front. Then again, I guess you could just say "oMgZ y0u m4d3 a tYpoz!1!1! lolol." But if you were to use such a ridiculous argument(which implicitly, you have) then you would be making assumptions about someone's intelligence based on a single observation.

In which case, unless you are a hypocrite, the UAI argument(again in the context of this discussion - as in, what you have said) can be used to indicate your stupidity. This is because you have foolishly passed judgment on a person's level of intelligence based on one observation. In turn, another person may just as well make an assumption about your level of intelligence(or rather, stupidity) based on another observation, that is, your inferior UAI.

Oh btw, good going shuter.

I guess it didn't teach you much. Or taking a leaf out of your book, oh the irony!

Mmm, quite frankly you sound like a tosser so it doesn't really bother me that you're super intelligent. And honestly, it seems to me (and remember, I'm nowhere near as wise as you), that you're not using your intelligence in the right way... so does make you unintelligent?

Benny1103

HSC
N/A
natstar said:
The UAI doe not measure one's stupidity or intelligence. It just is a RANK of how you performed in comparison to the rest of the cohort in the subjects you did in the HSC.
By the same token an observation of a single post by a person cannot be used to determine whether or not they are stupid. That is the entire point of my example. I simply adopted a similar argument which the other guy used to illustrate how stupid his assertion about my level of intelligence was. I could go into the finer details of your post but there's no point as it isn't relevant(at this stage) to the current discussion.

davo_ said:
Mmm, quite frankly you sound like a tosser so it doesn't really bother me that you're super intelligent. And honestly, it seems to me (and remember, I'm nowhere near as wise as you), that you're not using your intelligence in the right way... so does make you unintelligent?
You just highlighted my previous point. As I said before I've been using arguments based on what others have used as a means to reveal to them just how senseless some of their assertions are. So as you seem to think, the things which you and others have said are quite stupid. Pity you couldn't see the stupidity of your own posts until someone else used similar arguments to show you.

davo_

good kid
HSC
Benny1103 said:
By the same token an observation of a single post by a person cannot be used to determine whether or not they are stupid. That is the entire point of my example. I simply adopted a similar argument which the other guy used to illustrate how stupid his assertion about my level of intelligence was. I could go into the finer details of your post but there's no point as it isn't relevant(at this stage) to the current discussion.

You just highlighted my previous point. As I said before I've been using arguments based on what others have used as a means to reveal to them just how senseless some of their assertions are. So as you seem to think, the things which you and others have said are quite stupid. Pity you couldn't see the stupidity of your own posts until someone else used similar arguments to show you.
You don't have many friends do you? Seriously though, calm down and take a breathe mate. Not everyone in the world is trying to argue with you.

Last edited:

Benny1103

HSC
N/A
You are wrong about the friends. Besides, if you aren't simply using aspects of your own life in your attempts to describe mine then why are you responding to my posts? Secondly I'm not angry, at least not about anything related to this thread anyway. I haven't had much to do in the last few days so seeing as you seem to like making comments to get me to respond to you, I have done so.

S

Shuter

Benny1103 said:
You seem to have trouble reading English, so I'll point out that my original post did not call you stupid, it simply stated the irony of you making an english mistake in the same post you were mocking another for their mistake.

My later posts then did call you stupid, based on your numerous postings in this thread, and so far my assumption has proved quite accurate. Anyone who resorts to using either spelling/grammatical errors or resorts to the UAI = intelligence debate, as the basis for their arguement clearly possesses infearior logic skills and thus appears quite foolish.

You will also note that I never brought up the UAI = intelligence point, YOU were the first one to bring that up. I merely pointed out how it was stupid to call someone's UAI "crap" when you infact posess a far lower UAI than it.

Anyhow, I'm sure you enjoyed your 4000 units of english, arts, drama, ect. I'd love to see what job you'll end up in with those "skills".

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Shuter said:
Anyhow, I'm sure you enjoyed your 4000 units of english, arts, drama, ect. I'd love to see what job you'll end up in with those "skills".
Hey now dont you be dissing the humanities :p

Benny, yeah relax mate, it was sarcasm, and you obviously didn't get it.

Benny1103

HSC
N/A
You seem to have trouble reading English, so I'll point out that my original post did not call you stupid, it simply stated the irony of you making an english mistake in the same post you were mocking another for their mistake.
You seem to ignore even the things that you say so I'll highlight some to you.

My later posts then did call you stupid, based on your numerous postings in this thread, and so far my assumption has proved quite accurate. Anyone who resorts to using either spelling/grammatical errors or resorts to the UAI = intelligence debate, as the basis for their arguement clearly possesses infearior logic skills and thus appears quite foolish.
Using spelling/grammatical errors as a basis for argument is at the same level as saying that someone is stupid because their posts are apparently not fluent enough. Oh by the way, there is such a thing as an implication. You have clearly inferred my level of intelligence from my 'non-easy to read sentences.' Since you have used a variation of spelling/grammatical errors as a basis for your argument then you "clearly possess the inferior logic skills" which you speak of. Remember the following? It shows that you did in fact use the 'logic' that I referred to.

NonExistant said:
I see higher school English didn't teach you how to construct fluent and easy to read sentences. Instead it simply taught you to be opinionated and construct largely irrelevant arguements, as a cover up for your stupidity.
Again, I have simply used variations of the comments you have made, and even you think such comments are stupid. So why don't you realise how senseless your original comments were?

You will also note that I never brought up the UAI = intelligence point, YOU were the first one to bring that up. I merely pointed out how it was stupid to call someone's UAI "crap" when you infact posess a far lower UAI than it.
Maybe you should take your own advice and read other people's posts properly. Whether or not you brought up the UAI argument, is irrelevant. The UAI reference only provided a context. The whole point with the UAI argument is that a single observation is used to 'deduce' another person's level of intelligence. I deliberately used it to highlight how senseless it was for you to make reference to my level of intelligence from a single observation.

In any case the UAI argument(whether or not it is relevant to this topic) is a more solid argument as it assesses a student's ability over at least an entire year during which the student has very reasonable control over their final scores. Reiterating that point, an entire year to prove themselves. On the other hand, one or two posts? What's that? A couple of minutes? Again, for those who can't read between the lines. This paragraph is a side issue and you should read other parts of my post before being "foolish" and taking it out of context.

I love how you assume that I did "4000 units of english, arts, drama, etc" simply because I got a decent score in HS english. Yet again you have passed judgment on another person based on a single observation. FYI I did 2 maths, physics and chemistry as well, in HS. I'm not doing an arts course either. Look in my profile to see which course I'm doing if you wish to, but it's a real course. Maybe next time you should at least make the effort to find out a bit more about what you're talking about before making some more ridiculous assumptions.

Asylum - others wish to pass judgment on me. I prefer not to just accept their incorrect assumptions.

Last edited:

Benny1103

HSC
N/A
Whatever, I'll leave people(who are serious while using insults) to make senseless criticisms to make up for their crappy unfulfilling lives.

Benny1103

HSC
N/A
Hmm so now you're getting worked up over nothing. My last comment was simply a personal statement about what is important to me. It has nothing to do with you or anyone else. By the way it is my view that if anyone(not just you) actually feels that they have high scores to "collect" then they should really consider their dedication to their studies before making such a claim.

Last edited:

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
natstar said:
These forums are supposed to be for fun. I think you take stuff a little to seriously.
HYPOCRITE!!!!!!

poloktim

\(^o^)/
HSC
Raiks said:
HYPOCRITE!!!!!!
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Raiks again.
Things like that make me sad. :(
On a side note, let people go to whatever the fuck uni they want. Honestly. Some people.
But this:
makes me sad. :(

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
poloktim said:
Things like that make me sad. :(
On a side note, let people go to whatever the fuck uni they want. Honestly. Some people.
But this:
makes me sad. :(
Some things just need to be said.

S

Shuter

Benny1103 said:
My last comment was simply a personal statement about what is important to me. It has nothing to do with you or anyone else.
Why would you post it in a public forum then?

By the way it is my view that if anyone(not just you) actually feels that they have high scores to "collect" then they should really consider their dedication to their studies before making such a claim.
Please explain what that is saying...

Anyhow, I'm glad that your life appears revolves around your grades, and it makes you forfilled. It would be sad though if grades are your number one priority, and you've lost perspective of what actually important... Balance is the key.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)