Newstart- anyone received it? (1 Viewer)

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Dad said I should call the police, but fuck, it makes no difference, the cops won't do anything.

Being ripped off and threatened is what this job's all about.

I've lowered my standards. I have applications for work in with woolies, all and sundry.

I got the impression from the dude at the centrelink call centre, leaving my casual job would not be okay, unless I had a 'valid reason'. I wonder if being threatened with stabbing and robbery counts as a valid reason, or do I have to actually get stabbed before I can quit?
If you file a police report then I'd say Centrelink would be more likely to accept that as an excuse.

A High Way Man

all ova da world
HSC
i was doing this random mindnumbing crap on my PC during the most of the holidays but i stopped now since i got an internship. it's basically remote voice transcription. you do it from home. 6.7 cents per phrase. If you sit all day you can make heaps. If you want I can give you emails

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
Wait, what?

6.7 cents a phrase? What's a typical phrase, like ten words?

How are you transcribing, they send you audios?

How much work is available?

A High Way Man

all ova da world
HSC
Wait, what?

6.7 cents a phrase? What's a typical phrase, like ten words?

How are you transcribing, they send you audios?

How much work is available?
For the project that I was working on, phrases = search terms, so on average about 4 words

It's through a nifty web flash interface.

There's no work (for me) now. I was doing it all from Mid Dec to Late Jan, and only made about $250 dollars. it's cause i was lazy. they want 2000 phrases per week, i did maybe 300-400. but the work is so banal, and i wanted to play cricket/tennis.

My friend said there's a new project starting in Feb so I'm just waiting for that to start.

HSC
[FONT='PrimaSans BT,Verdana,sans-serif']During one of my last deliveries tonight, I was stopped at the lights closest to the shop. A charming young man approached my car, and offered me $2.50 for my deliveries. When I explained he should go into the shop and make that offer, he then explained that he could just take them, or better still, punch me in the face, or stab me and take them. Indeed, he went on to suggest he could take my car and everything in it. The lights changed and as I went to drive off, he reached into the car and attempted to grab my keys from the ignition.

[/FONT]
:(

I would have panicked in that situation and just been like *take it take it take it*

rozymisty

HSC
I was on newstart very briefly, when i finished uni and was wating to start my grad program. Its more money than Youth Allowance which was good. They make you find emplioyers etc but since i had a job, i didnt have to do it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)