next semester tutorial registration (1 Viewer)

klh

HSC
i never knew that was possible, i mean hotmail dont let you so i thougth this too...
plus your concentration is on one part anyway, so once you register, many others have done so already and so you may not get your times.
i logged in and had to wait till 10 on the dot before loggin in and there was like 20 places gone when i started.

Jacks, i agree but sometimes you got to fight fire with fire...i lost my time that i wanted adn it was through sheer luck that one person caneclled and picked another, otherwise i would open 2 windows sicne its first come first served.

Jacks

HSC
I don't think it's worth it when you can't do both at exactly the same time anyway. I agree with the first come first served thing...except you can be sitting there for hours trying to get in when the site is at full capacity because the same people are logged in more than once...you can do it but sometimes your system can stuff up since the same account is accessed twice...so you really have to be willing to gamble if you choose to do that, I'm just saying sometimes you get the opposite result than the one you're actually looking for, so be aware of that when you do it.

L

LaraB

Jacks said:
I don't think it's worth it when you can't do both at exactly the same time anyway. I agree with the first come first served thing...except you can be sitting there for hours trying to get in when the site is at full capacity because the same people are logged in more than once...you can do it but sometimes your system can stuff up since the same account is accessed twice...so you really have to be willing to gamble if you choose to do that, I'm just saying sometimes you get the opposite result than the one you're actually looking for, so be aware of that when you do it.
it seems that this semester its much less of a bitch than semester 1 - took me like 5 minutes for all 4 units..

i think its only a prob wit gettin a slot if there's a really awesome lecturer everyone wants, like one of my law units - the slot i picked was gone in 2 minutes literally! and there's like 20+ places left in some of the other timeslots

oh and keep in mind guys coz i didn't notice it til yday although thankfully it idn't matter - some slots aren't enabled initially so have a backup coz my friends have a shitty day now - 9-2 and then 5-6 coz they didn't know their tute time owulnd't be enabled at first and they didn't really have a 'backup' one:)

Sasky

HSC
Sorry to keep asking questions here, but I'm doing communications and 2 out of 4 of my units haven't listed a lecture and its schedule.

Does this mean it has no lectures or am I missing something here?

Jacks

HSC
what are those units? Just to check with you since I'm a communications student too. Is the status of those units "Enrolled"? On the other hand you may have a "workshop" or combined lecture/tutorial for those subjects. Is there a tutorial and if so how long is it listed to go for? Normal tutes will run for 1.5hrs, if yours is more than it is most likely a workshop or something so you don't need to worry.

Sasky

HSC
baaaa baaa haaaaaa

sorry, i seem to act like a sheep these days, its completely involuntary. But thanks heaps Jacks, I emailed the unit coordinator and he emailed back right away and said it doesn't have lectures. WOOO HOOO!!!

Oh, it was for Introduction to Journalism and Communication Research.

baaa again:

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Jacks again."

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)