Nintendo DS or PSP?? (1 Viewer)

Vangineer

Treehugger
HSC
Hi,

which would u rather get?
THE dS is 200 dollars and the PSP prolly about 400.

DS has N64 graphics and 10 hr battery life as well as 2 screens

the PSP has Ps1.5 graphics and 3 hrs battery life and uses UMDs.

PSP graphics beat DS graphics 100 times.

I think I'll be getting the DS. it sure will make uni lectures more interesting = )

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
Cyan_phoeniX said:
PSP is utter shit... 3 hour battery life for a handheld is ridiculous. Anyone who gets it is an utter, utter, utter, fool.

If you want a handheld, then get the DS, because youll want to be playing it for more than a few hours before battery change, and the DS has better games and, if its true that the P2P has better graphics (which i dont think anyway), the games on the DS are tonnes better, and imagine the potential with the two screens...

Nintendo has the experience with handheld, and the interface with the DS allows user-friendly tasks such as notetaking and shit and its cheaper.

In a nutshell, P2P is a machine for gits.
nintendo is a fuckin ugly looking shitbox designed for little kids who think yugioh is cool

Arvin Sloane

We are not amused.
HSC
Cyan_phoeniX said:
PSP is utter shit... 3 hour battery life for a handheld is ridiculous. Anyone who gets it is an utter, utter, utter, fool.

If you want a handheld, then get the DS, because youll want to be playing it for more than a few hours before battery change, and the DS has better games and, if its true that the P2P has better graphics (which i dont think anyway), the games on the DS are tonnes better, and imagine the potential with the two screens...

Nintendo has the experience with handheld, and the interface with the DS allows user-friendly tasks such as notetaking and shit and its cheaper.

In a nutshell, P2P is a machine for gits.

And this post is bought to you by the Nintendo Fanboi commission.

DS's are for 10 year olds. PSPs are for people who know how to tie their own shoelaces, and write their own name, feats (pun fully intended) I'm guessing 'Cyan_phoeniX' has endless trouble with.

alien

HSC
i think the PSP looks cooler, playstation graphics are so much better than nintendo style. plus the 64 had dumb graphics anyway. never underestimate the power of playstation :D

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
i reckon. and cyan_phoenix how can you say the DS has better games, you haven't played any games on either console you fucking moron.

Nguyen

Just wait till people who own the DS hear about the new GameBoy Evolution that's coming out ;)

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
DS handsdown, it has backwards compatibility, better interface,better graphics, it is cheaper and only a few developers plan to make games for the PSP plus sony's track record isn't that great with handhelds- remember the Pocketstation?

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
better interface?
better graphics?
LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!

and i would hardly call the pocketstation a rival to the game boy :rolleyes:

Bone577

HSC
N/A
The pocket-station was not exactly in the same market segment as the other hand helds. It was more of a tamagochi like memory card.

As for PSP having inferior graphics, that is inccorect. The PSP is far more powerful, this is reflected in the pricing. How anyone can claim the DS comes close in power is mind blowing, and really a showing of great ignorance, idiocy or denial.

As for no good games on PSP, I do believe there is going to be a version of GT4 on it. Which really is all you need to know.

If you ask me, handhelds suck, period. Get yourself a good book or some decent company, spend the 300 dollars on a 6600GT video card for your comp and do some real gaming.

Grobus

Laughing Boy
HSC
First of all, on the graphics front: The DS' graphics are very different from the N64 because the technology pushing them is aiming for something thatll look good on a small screen. It has nowhere near the capacity of the N64 in some respects and equals it on others. Same deal with PSP, though its generally acknowledged to be able to deal with more polygons than the DS.

Id get a DS though, since I like Nintendo as a first party developer even if they do screw their fans over a lot. So I think there would be good first party games on the DS (even if there isnt really any at the moment).

I dont really get handhelds though.

Remeber though, the Gameboy Evolution will be out in 07 to supercede the DS.

PS: Why would you do anything at lectures other than listen? No one is forcing you to be in there. You may as well just sit outside in the fresh air and play if thats what you want to do. Itll be less distracting to the people around you too.

dritz2003

HSC
N/A
I'll just get whichever one I don't have to buy games for :uhhuh: same with the next gen consoles.... The DS looks good cos it can play GBA/NES games from a GBA flashcard.... but the PSP can only play games off its expensive Memory stick duo. Sony is also thinking of selling UMD blanks though.....

feng

PSP!

DS sucks man, have u even played it yet...psp blows it away!

And theres already ways of loading roms etc onto PSP !! woohooo!
the possibilities are...endless!..close enough anyway

gotta start saving!

feng

yeah i played it at the shops, im overseas right now so yeah...its mad shit =)

who cares 3 hours!! its enough for uni!! then when ure home, just hook it up!!! AHHH!!!

Grobus

Laughing Boy
HSC
Did you have a problem with the PSPs drive? Ive read a lot of people overseas who own the PSP already have been complaining that if you twist the console the slightest but, it shoots the game disc out (crashing the game).

Bone577

HSC
N/A
You have to expect major faults on any form of Sony console. The PS1 and PS2 are prime examples of shoddy products, both with only 1 year warranty VS lifetime on Nintendos. Both of them have stuffed up on me before. I don't know of a single PS1 owned by anyone of my friends that still works without being tilted onto its sides, or even upside-down. Why expect much different from the PSP?

Luckily for Sony the Playstations have a series of killer games that can't be touched or else I would ditch the console real quick.

Cyan_phoeniX

HSC
N/A
ive had my ps2 for a fair few years and ive never had a problem, but i know a few who have and its annoying to fix, mainly the CD/DVD laser thingy thats the problem....I fear the day my ps2 dies.

Bone577

HSC
N/A
Cyan_phoeniX said:
ive had my ps2 for a fair few years and ive never had a problem, but i know a few who have and its annoying to fix, mainly the CD/DVD laser thingy thats the problem....I fear the day my ps2 dies.

The drive thing can be fixed. The PS1 problem I have no clue about. I mean you tilt it on the side and it works for a couple months, then you gotta do the other side, then the front, then the back, after that you need to tilt it at obscure angles to get it working, my PS1 needs to be at about 33 degrees from the horizontal tilted from its front.

My PS2 is showing signs of crapping out on me, it doesn't read some DVD movies properly :(

Grobus

Laughing Boy
HSC
Bone577 said:
You have to expect major faults on any form of Sony console. The PS1 and PS2 are prime examples of shoddy products, both with only 1 year warranty VS lifetime on Nintendos. Both of them have stuffed up on me before. I don't know of a single PS1 owned by anyone of my friends that still works without being tilted onto its sides, or even upside-down. Why expect much different from the PSP?

Luckily for Sony the Playstations have a series of killer games that can't be touched or else I would ditch the console real quick.

Saying Nintendo products are more reliable isnt necessarily always true. Eternal Darkness totally ruins consoles in a certain region and the N64 controller had those dodgy joysticks that fell apart quickly.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)