NO accommodation (1 Viewer)

kingjulian

HSC
Yeah nothing still, and its getting nerveraking because if they put me in the motel like i need time to complain and try and weasle out of it, but if we get that email at like 5.00 they'll be leaving work = no time to fix it..
Actually, I think they're working overtime. I got my call around 6 plus yesterday.

LobbSACS

HSC
Just called, they said they would continue to fire off offers all day/night untill they are all gone.

im calling bullshit these people dont seem like the sort of people who would stay back to do more work. lazy arsecakes.

littles123

HSC
That's good. So they should. It's taking an awful long time... There can't be that many people left.

spazamataz

HSC
Wow, so glad i'm not going to ANU now.
Lol at the Carotel. Its the dodgiest motel in Canberra, I remember they found a paedofile there once.
Its as soon as you drive into Canberra on the left from the Federal Highway.
I have some friends who are getting houses over there, and some who are travelling to Canberra everyday (its about an hour drive)..

littles123

HSC
Fucking great. They've got their bogus 'we're in a meeting' bullshit answering machine on

Last edited:

John555

HSC
Wow, so glad i'm not going to ANU now.
Lol at the Carotel. Its the dodgiest motel in Canberra, I remember they found a paedofile there once.
Its as soon as you drive into Canberra on the left from the Federal Highway.
I have some friends who are getting houses over there, and some who are travelling to Canberra everyday (its about an hour drive)..
Lol apart from being dodgy, it looks pretty bloody far away from the ANU campus. I would much rather go into a share house closer to ANU than live at some far away motel.

littles123

HSC
My offer : ANU@citigate ..ANU@Citigate is located on the corner of Mouat St and Northbourne Ave, Lyneham. This site is approximately five kms from the ANU campus, and is a single bus ride or a half hour cycle on a path way. The ANU community on this site will number 148.

this is depressing

gingerwitch28

HSC
My offer : ANU@citigate ..ANU@Citigate is located on the corner of Mouat St and Northbourne Ave, Lyneham. This site is approximately five kms from the ANU campus, and is a single bus ride or a half hour cycle on a path way. The ANU community on this site will number 148.

this is depressing
What is it though? What are the facilities/rooms like?

littles123

HSC
ill just copy and paste
Dickson Shopping and Restaurant Precinct is one block away - a short walk on a main thoroughfare. There is a Woolworths’ supermarket.

Facility
Rooms in this facility are motel style; some will be allocated on a single occupancy basis, the majority, will be allocated on a twin share basis. Each room has an ensuite, TV, fridge and microwave. There are no in-room phones so bring your mobile. There is a large common space, a “meeting hub”, and a smaller space for community events.

Rooms will be serviced once per week. This includes a linen service.
Catering
A daily continental breakfast is included with your tariff.
You will need to provide your own lunch. This can either be purchased on campus or you make like to prepare a packed lunch.

Also included in your tariff is a dinner voucher redeemable at nominated facilities in Dickson-, one block away and easy walking distance. We are negotiating with facilities that offer the greatest flexibility for timing of meals. For safety reasons, the commercial kitchen on site is not suitable for communal use. However, each room will have a microwave for preparing snacks.

Laundry
There are minimal laundry facilities on site but for personal laundry there are Laundromats within walking distance at Dickson and Lyneham shopping centres.

What to Bring
You may wish to bring your own doona and pillow although blankets and pillows are provided.
Parking /Transport
There is limited dedicated parking available adjacent to the building. You will need your own bike lock. Residents will be offered support with regard to transport to and from campus.

What Does it Cost?
Weekly charges:

Rent- $163 (this includes a daily continental breakfast and a dinner voucher)
Laundry – a coin-op laundry is situated on site.

LobbSACS

HSC
Be happy its not Carotel, and that you have an offer. im still waiting.

actually that sounds pretty bad, consider just getting an apt of sorts?

vikraman

HSC
ill just copy and paste
Dickson Shopping and Restaurant Precinct is one block away - a short walk on a main thoroughfare. There is a Woolworths’ supermarket.

Facility
Rooms in this facility are motel style; some will be allocated on a single occupancy basis, the majority, will be allocated on a twin share basis. Each room has an ensuite, TV, fridge and microwave. There are no in-room phones so bring your mobile. There is a large common space, a “meeting hub”, and a smaller space for community events.

Rooms will be serviced once per week. This includes a linen service.
Catering
A daily continental breakfast is included with your tariff.
You will need to provide your own lunch. This can either be purchased on campus or you make like to prepare a packed lunch.

Also included in your tariff is a dinner voucher redeemable at nominated facilities in Dickson-, one block away and easy walking distance. We are negotiating with facilities that offer the greatest flexibility for timing of meals. For safety reasons, the commercial kitchen on site is not suitable for communal use. However, each room will have a microwave for preparing snacks.

Laundry
There are minimal laundry facilities on site but for personal laundry there are Laundromats within walking distance at Dickson and Lyneham shopping centres.

What to Bring
You may wish to bring your own doona and pillow although blankets and pillows are provided.
Parking /Transport
There is limited dedicated parking available adjacent to the building. You will need your own bike lock. Residents will be offered support with regard to transport to and from campus.

What Does it Cost?
Weekly charges:

Rent- $163 (this includes a daily continental breakfast and a dinner voucher)
Laundry – a coin-op laundry is situated on site.
I got the same thing. Just a couple of minutes ago yeah? Looks dodgy, but hey, at least we're not homeless. And the including two meals for 163$ doesn't sound all that bad...

John555

HSC
Guys, I also just got the same offer, ANU@Citigate. It says the ANU community will number 148... does that mean there will be 148 students there or what? If there are 140ish ANU students then we shouldn't feel too lonely/unsafe. And $163 for breakfast and dinner sounds alright I guess...
But what will we do for O-Week? =(

littles123

HSC
Well we'll just all go together I guess. Like it wont be so bad if there's over 100, who knows. It'll be good exercise to walk/bike to uni, at least its pretty close to the uni and the centre. I doubt there will be a desk tho:(

they better have good food at dickson st

Last edited:

John555

HSC
Yeh, be thankful we didn't get the Carotel, which is like double the distance to ANU. I'm still not sure what "The ANU community on this site will number 148" means.

And dang we can't cook our own meals there, besides microwave...

vikraman

HSC
Well we'll just all go together I guess. Like it wont be so bad if there's over 100, who knows. It'll be good exercise to walk/bike to uni, at least its pretty close to the uni and the centre. I doubt there will be a desk tho:(

they better have good food at dickson st
Hope so as well... 10km of walking/cycling everyday should be good for us. Coming back at night will be a bit tricky though.. maybe i'll buy a serrated edge hunting knife for protection :p

Pitbull - Hotel Room Service....

littles123

HSC
Yeh, be thankful we didn't get the Carotel, which is like double the distance to ANU. I'm still not sure what "The ANU community on this site will number 148" means.

And dang we can't cook our own meals there, besides microwave...
pretty sure it means it wud be 148 people right? hope so...

spazamataz

HSC

this is depressing
My bro used to live around the corner from there, its not a too bad area, just as long as your street smart.
The motel is pretty meh, but liveable.
The Dickson area is pretty good, i recommend Zefereli's, i think thats how you spell it, its just like a big outdoor food court. OH and theres an all you can eat buffet somewhere around there!

I feel like such a know-it-all, but ANU is my local university, but yeah, there should be plenty of alternative accommodation around.
Good luck guys :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)