• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

No more 100's; A conspiracy? (1 Viewer)

LordPc

HSC
oh, no doubt 100 sounds good. but you are still thinking of the UAI in terms of a mark. Getting 100% in a test or exam is excellent. but getting a rank of 100 is nothing special.

I'll also put it this way. when you get your UAI will you say "What mark did you get?" to other people? most likely yes. what should you be saying? "What rank did you get?"

if it really was a "rank", then the best would be given lower numbers and the intellectually challenged among us would be getting higher ranks up near 100.

it makes perfect sense, yet the notion of "100" being perfection has been ironed into a few too many people. so much so that i think there will be people who still dont understand my logic

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
^lol how is that relevant...

I reckon talent 100 should file for trial against the UAC to get 100 UAI back :rofl:

Their name is completely ruined lol

Zedez

HSC
anyone else even notice that the BoS has got a really screwed up ranking system? The smartest people in the state get a UAI rank of 100, while slightly dumber people get ranks of 98 and 99. anyone else see the stupidity in this "rank" system???

surely the logical thing would be to have the smartest kids ranked 1st? Whenever I was the smartest in a class of 25, I came 1st, not 25th. Im sure you can all relate.

so if the UAI (and presumably ATAR) is a "rank", should the smartest kids not get a mark of 1.00? and dumbest kids get marks of 98.55 and such?

I guess that was why it was called the Universities Admissions Index, but clearly that is too complex for some people.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)