No more Africans (1 Viewer)

Ademir

HSC
And I wouldn't trust the media in reporting any of this "ETHNIK GANGZ" bullshit anyway.

3 of my mates were on the news for supposedly being part of an ethnic gang, just because they are all non-white. They were walking down the street just talking to each other - apparently this constitutes gang behaviour now.

What are we going to do? Film groups of non-Anglo people and then call that a gang? Seriously. In my community everyone gets along fine. Immigrant or born here, anglo-Australian or Muslim, white or black. No one gives a damn.

Multiculturalism works. It only fails when right-wing conservatives start using isolated incidents as ammunition to scapegoat an entire group.

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
ilovenatalie said:
It is quite obvious, and I know everybody in their hearts agrees, that all the Left-wing people who post on this forum are correct, moral, intelligent and overall decent human beings. On the other hand, it is painstakingly clear that all the Right-wing morons who think refugees should be denied refuge in a prosperous nation, are selfish, amoral (not immoral), economically-orientated fools.
I know you all agree, so why don't we just help out another human and stop worrying about having a 'crowded' country. Australia is fucking huge, get over it you right-wing pricks.
Because everyone knows stability in a country relies solely on its physical size.
*throws some more generalisations*

We should also spend all government revenue on international aid and dedicate all our hospitals to abroad AIDS research! Oh, and the corporations...don't get me started....its their fault the government has an issue with African immigrants...michael moore told me so.

Last edited:

kloudsurfer

HSC
UnleavenedBread said:
Note, if they were to commit a crime at night it would be harder to:

1) Identify them
a) They all look the same
b) They blend into the night

2) Catch them
Then it would be hard to prove beyond reasonable doubt that the African in question was in fact that who committed the crime. And that is without the concern of judges and jurers. At risk of being branded a racist they let the African to get off to avoid all that is bad which the manipulative media brings.
1)
a) Yeah yeah, we 'all look the same' to people who arent black. If you're white and go to Africa or Asia they would say all white people look the same! (i know thats not relevant but I thought id add that.)
b) Good point. I never thought of that! Although I wonder if that is actually significant, in terms of how often it actually happens?

2) I dont know much about that. I know thats certainly not the case in places like America, but I suppose they have a completely different history with africans in australia.

Anyway, i agree, no statistic is perfect. Out of curiosity, do you think then that all statistics are invalid?

My old doctor was the African guy who got arrested last year for arranging a hit on his wife back in his home country.
Like I said in my post, you would see that I said being well educated does not automatically make you a law abding citezen. Statistically, more criminal acts are commited by people from low socio-economic backgrounds, who are generally less educated, than those who are well educated. That does not mean that those who are well educated do not commit crimes. It doesnt even mean they are less likely to, (it just means that in the past those who belong to that particular group generally have had a lower crime rate etc) I did not say that. People of all socio economic backgrounds, races, ages all commit crimes.

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
ilovenatalie said:
It is quite obvious, and I know everybody in their hearts agrees, that all the Left-wing people who post on this forum are correct, moral, intelligent and overall decent human beings. On the other hand, it is painstakingly clear that all the Right-wing morons who think refugees should be denied refuge in a prosperous nation, are selfish, amoral (not immoral), economically-orientated fools.
I know you all agree, so why don't we just help out another human and stop worrying about having a 'crowded' country. Australia is fucking huge, get over it you right-wing pricks.
:|

You know, it's impossible for refugees to be denied refuge, since if they are, they're not refugees :D

PrinceHarry

HSC
N/A
kloudsurfer said:
Like I said in my post, you would see that I said being well educated does not automatically make you a law abding citezen. Statistically, more criminal acts are commited by people from low socio-economic backgrounds, who are generally less educated, than those who are well educated. That does not mean that those who are well educated do not commit crimes. It doesnt even mean they are less likely to, (it just means that in the past those who belong to that particular group generally have had a lower crime rate etc) I did not say that. People of all socio economic backgrounds, races, ages all commit crimes.
I agreed that criminals usually comes from people from low socio-economic backgrounds in all communities. In all countries of the world, black/africans are mostly in low socio-socio economics class and have higher crime rate wherever they live, be it UK, America, France, Denmark or Canada. In USA white areas = Low crime, black areas= high crime. You may also noticed that the recent shooting spate in London all involves black teenagers. The government is perfectly right in maintaining this delicate social balance and restricting sudanese immigration for the time being.

chuckabanjo

HSC
For those of you that continually ask for statsitcs to back up claims, where are Mr Andrews' statistics? All I see are avoidance phrases like 'they tend to' and 'many of them'.

There may be a problem with integration. But as someone pointed out, these aren't immigrants we're talking about. These are refugees, people who have suffered enough to drive them from their homes, their countries, their families. No doubt they suffer integration issues. And it may be true that Africans seem to find it harder to 'integrate'. But the point of accepting refugees is purely humanitarian - to help those stuck in shit situation because we can. Part of that process is helping them inegrate, providing services to enable them to get used to Austrlian society.
Mr Andrews cites reasons for this inability to integrate as effectively as being: "Many are young and many have been in refugee camps for decades. " Shouldn't this be an indication that they above others need help? And shouldn't this information be used not to reject them but to develop services to help them integrate?

The fact is that Africa is the poorest continent of the world, has the most refugees, and needs the most help. Australia takes in very few refugees considering our economic status, our land area, our population figure, and in comparison to other developed nations. Shutting out all African refugees is, I agree, a simplistic approach, political solution to a purely humanitarian issue.

jimmayyy

HSC
Ademir said:
I come from an area where African, particularly Sudanese refugees have been coming in in droves the past few years. I for one, welcome them. It only enriches our community.

I haven't noticed any problems integrating. I come from a place where almost everyone is an immigrant from outside of Australia, or the children of immigrants. I'm sick of this government's race-politics. Humanitarian concerns should be the deciding factors, not quotas on various regions.

How about the government starts listening to the young people who can see what's really going on in the community, rather than 50+ people who see one African walking down the street and go into a tirade about how "they're taking over the community and not integrating..."
congrats on missing the point by a country mile, pal.

RTTTYTR

HSC
ilovenatalie said:

I'm a right-wing voter and my profession is all about money and perpetuating capitalism and its power. Yet I agree that this is racist, by the sheer definition of racism.

chicky_pie

POTATO HEAD ROXON
HSC
Ademir said:
I come from an area where African, particularly Sudanese refugees have been coming in in droves the past few years. I for one, welcome them. It only enriches our community.

I haven't noticed any problems integrating. I come from a place where almost everyone is an immigrant from outside of Australia, or the children of immigrants. I'm sick of this government's race-politics. Humanitarian concerns should be the deciding factors, not quotas on various regions.

How about the government starts listening to the young people who can see what's really going on in the community, rather than 50+ people who see one African walking down the street and go into a tirade about how "they're taking over the community and not integrating..."

yeah they've been some in my suburb too, i've find them really polite and kind, imo. I never seen a African person gone around the street robbing people or stealing. They know our rights and they follow our rules, so yeah no problems with them. But Mr Andrews comment kinda made 'African Australians' feel isolated from the rest of the community.

lifturnameup

HSC
hey guys
im african i yeh appreciate all ur fair judgements
i for one can honestly say that there are certain ( a few) members of the african community doing the wrong thing but theres an entire population of africans who are doing the right thing. Personally the issue of integration bugs me as i know that Australia is a multicultural society encouraging various practices and morals from a range of cultures and ethnicities. If i was asked to integrate id personally get insulted reason being the fact that everyone integrates into any society unconciously --> afterall we are all Australians and our society and culture as Australians impacts upon our perceptions of self and identity. Coming from a war torn society in Sierra Leone makes me wonder if the saftey ive been granted is a metaphor for opression and racial discrimination. I hope no one gets insulted by this message.. im Australian and will always be one but i guess it wouldve pleased me if racial issues werent part of this political campaign.
Cheeers

yonitamarie

HSC
rove: a bunch of white people walking around in a group...now thats a political party...a bunch of black people? now thats a "gang" !!

RTTTYTR

HSC
notoneto said:
Unless your aborignal, thats everyone
Incorrect. Australia didn't exist as a nation till 1901. And Aboriginals weren't recognised as Australian citizens till 1948. Also Aboriginals are not considered 'White' Australians.

Further the word "Australia" isn't an Aboriginal word and came into existance in 1625 and become commonly used for New Holland in 1814.

Thus whilst Indigenous inhabitants of Australia were the original inhabitants (from those who still inhabit the continent) they were not the first "Australians" according to the law and historical law of Australia.

doofyduck01

HSC
sam04u said:
You're a nut-case mate. You either don't know about the Sudanese problem (which has recently been put on a pedestal as a way of invading them and stealing their resources), or you're just intenionally only telling one side of the story. But anyways, just for the sake of it, why should we deny those who are seeking refuge from the mad mullahs who want death to all? If we have the means to protect them, why would we at now of all times deny them?

I'll tell you why. It's because the government now knows that an attack on Sudan (as a trigger for Iran) is imminent. In an attempt to control and plunder both their resources. And the last thing they want is an influx of Sudanese refugees who are seeking protection.
Right on.

Western "civilisation" has been causing mass genocide throughout Africa for hundreds of years, invading, enslaving and generally dividing and conquering countries, pitting them against eachother to exploit their resources. And hooray we come in and set up a "democracy" to "save" them which doesn't work cause they perpetuate the violence and civil unrest...and when these hundreds of Africans seek aid after we fucked them over, guess what, we fuck them over again. Isn't it grand to be white.

"Only when the power of love overcomes the love of power, will the world know peace" - Jimi Hendrix :)

what971

Now in Oriental Flavour!
HSC
N/A
We should only allow Asians into this country.

flappinghippo

HSC
doofyduck01 said:
Right on.

Western "civilisation" has been causing mass genocide throughout Africa for hundreds of years, invading, enslaving and generally dividing and conquering countries, pitting them against eachother to exploit their resources. And hooray we come in and set up a "democracy" to "save" them which doesn't work cause they perpetuate the violence and civil unrest...and when these hundreds of Africans seek aid after we fucked them over, guess what, we fuck them over again. Isn't it grand to be white.

"Only when the power of love overcomes the love of power, will the world know peace" - Jimi Hendrix :)
You know the Africans were slave traders as well, not just the slaves.

I think throwing blanket guilt on white people in order to elicit results doesn't really work. So stop doing it and find another way to get them.

banco55

HSC
flappinghippo said:
You know the Africans were slave traders as well, not just the slaves.

I think throwing blanket guilt on white people in order to elicit results doesn't really work. So stop doing it and find another way to get them.
Shhh if it wasn't for whitie Africa would be peaceful and prosperous.

More seriously it's a bit of a chicken and the egg argument: Why was the west able to colonise them? Because they were backward and the tribal structure was still the primary social structure. Why are they poor and stife ridden now? Same reasons.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)