No more Africans (1 Viewer)

dieburndie

Eat, Sleep, Repeat
HSC
Crime levels have conisstently rose since africans have been allowed to immigrate to australia.
Is gangs and more drugs what we really want?

BlytheChloe

HSC
No comment on the actual thread because there's varying opinions and valid points for both sides.

HOWEVER,

FUCK THE JAPANESE AND SAVE THE WHALES/DOLPHINS!

:)

Tim the Wiz

HSC
Ademir said:
And I wouldn't trust the media in reporting any of this "ETHNIK GANGZ" bullshit anyway.

3 of my mates were on the news for supposedly being part of an ethnic gang, just because they are all non-white. They were walking down the street just talking to each other - apparently this constitutes gang behaviour now.

What are we going to do? Film groups of non-Anglo people and then call that a gang? Seriously. In my community everyone gets along fine. Immigrant or born here, anglo-Australian or Muslim, white or black. No one gives a damn.

Multiculturalism works. It only fails when right-wing conservatives start using isolated incidents as ammunition to scapegoat an entire group.
Amen. For the most part, people are scared of what they don't know. We saw this with the influx of Greeks/Italians and Asians, and now we're seeing this with Africans. The history of racial discrimination that African people in general have received doesn't help, and the manner in which this (thankfully) outgoing minister expressed the opinion that these people were failing to "integrate" was definitely constructed on a basis of isolated cases. However, this is largely incidental to the "white" conservative inhibitions that can be found in (unfortunately) quite a number of Australians, and it is this fear of the unknown that tends to lead people to thread-bare conclusions which will warp their views.

The bottom line, in my opinion, is that multiculturalism works. It worked in the areas where I lived in South Africa (yes, I'm African! :O) and it appears to be working in my current neighbourhood, here in Perth. (a truly multicultural area containing Portuguese, Sudanese, Italians, Bogans, etc.) Of course, my socio-economic background is a firmly middle-class line of academics.

All that's needed to make it [multiculturalism] work is for the effort to be put in on both sides of the spectrum. As expecting people to become a part of your society without extending some sort of welcome is foolish! However, from my own experience, that is what's been happening. Most people I've met in this country are decent human beings, who are for the most part free of negative race-specific agendas. So, multiculturalism does work, but when you get scare-mongering, archetypal "White Australia" conservatives like Andrews using isolated cases to vindicate his own personal and political ideologies, you've got problems. That's what I'm angry about. Especially when the group in question are refugees from a country under a hailstorm of humanitarian crises.

Last edited:

Providence.

Banned
HSC
N/A
If there are no more Africans for the Destiny Testament to eliminate then there are the rest of the blacks, whites, yellows and other races to be completely eliminated so all can join God in his blissful territory known as heaven.

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
Providence. said:
If there are no more Africans for the Destiny Testament to eliminate then there are the rest of the blacks, whites, yellows and other races to be completely eliminated so all can join God in his blissful territory known as heaven.
wtf?

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
Optophobia said:
PS: it is not for anyone to say whether immigration is a good thing or a bad thing. To say either way would be to construct a fantasy that you have the power to deem it either way - it's power that you do not have. Either way it's futile, because to say it's good or bad, you must lend yourself to a national fantasy.. A fantasy which failes to take into account that there are 20 million different views on what is good or bad about immigration.
So we have to be neutral about everything because otherwise people might have different opinions to us? :D

dieburndie

Eat, Sleep, Repeat
HSC
Optophobia said:
PS: it is not for anyone to say whether immigration is a good thing or a bad thing. To say either way would be to construct a fantasy that you have the power to deem it either way - it's power that you do not have. Either way it's futile, because to say it's good or bad, you must lend yourself to a national fantasy.. A fantasy which failes to take into account that there are 20 million different views on what is good or bad about immigration. Such political fantasizing is fruitless and only makes you amenable to political/societal manipulation - my above example being a prime example. There were people who thought the detention of refugees to be good, and there were people who thought it was bad. Both were playing into the hands of John Howard in engaging in the debate in the first place, because he never actually gave either party what it is that they were actually looking for- "oh i'm going to vote for John Howard, because even though he's been in power for 11 years, he's still on the verge of giving me what it is i want".
I'm quite sure this here makes absolutely no sense.

dieburndie

Eat, Sleep, Repeat
HSC
politik said:
If the choice is between you and an African of better cognitive ability, pack your bags now.
Please tell me you aren't seriously responding to that post.

Do you feel intelligent? Really?

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Yeah no offence Opto, but you remind me why I will never miss the Howard Years

danny_tq

HSC
hmmm....its a tough call, I agree that if there is arguments on both sides, statistics need to be presented that illustrate the true picture of integration e.g. how much crime do they commit, etc etc

It must be noted however, judging a bunch of refugees during the first few years they are here is pretty unfair.

I myself come from a family that immigrated from a worn torn country. My parents came here as refugees from the Vietnam war, and lucky me was born here in Aus.

As most of you know, the Vietnamese community produced various ethnic ghettos across each of the big cities and the resultant veitnamese gangs/crimes......however on the flip side, an extremely large proportion of vietnamese-australians (mainly my generation) have been stand out citzens.

In terms of education....I read that 44% of all vietnamese-Aus....attend university compared to about 22% of the general population.

ALso in the last 10 years, 2 Vietnamese Australians were awarded Young Australian of the Year, khoa do being the most recent.

Halting the flow..may be a good idea it might not be, but you need to analyse the group over a numbe of years before you can make a proper judgment.

chicky_pie

POTATO HEAD ROXON
HSC
Side note: AIDS epidemic. Anybody else read that rant from some Catholic minister in some African country saying Europe is infecting condoms with AIDS in an attempt to further wipe out the African population?

HIV/AIDS is man made :D

There is no way it was contracted by animal > humans and that's how aids/hiv got into people's immune system, we've been having sex with wild animals since the stone age.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)