No more DFEE?? (1 Viewer)

justmeme

HSC
N/A
ok, what is DFEE??

i googled it, with not much help.

then i can go back and read all the posts and know what your talking about..

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
Arithela said:
well I think it is obvious that the labour party will abolish dfee places (provided they compensate for income losses), but the question is WHEN will they.
For next year's intake.

BackCountrySnow

HSC
justmeme said:
ok, what is DFEE??

i googled it, with not much help.

then i can go back and read all the posts and know what your talking about..
domestic fee paying i think it's the name of it.
unlike CSP (HECS) it's not subsidized by the government so the students have to pay the whole amount for their studies.

Usually people who don't make the cutoff for csp they will go dfee if they can afford it.

aileenli

HSC
BackCountrySnow said:
domestic fee paying i think it's the name of it.
unlike CSP (HECS) it's not subsidized by the government so the students have to pay the whole amount for their studies.

Usually people who don't make the cutoff for csp they will go dfee if they can afford it.
Dont forget the interest that has to be paid back too!

aileenli

HSC
I don't think its a rate, they just add an extra percentage onto what you owe. I think it was 20% last year...

I'm not too sure, you might have to look it up.

melanieeeee.

Banned
HSC
yeah it 20% of the total fee, but it wont matter cause its goin to be non existent

jackmurray1989

Mr Mature
HSC
justmeme said:
is it a good thing or a bad thing??
Depends whether you beleive university placement should be based on merit or if you're a cynical YL with a rich dad from the Eastern Suburbs.

BackCountrySnow

HSC
melanieeeee. said:
the HSC is influenced by a whole lot of factor such as the resources available to you, the enviroment you are exposed to and your circumstances during the time.
yeah, that's a really good point. The HSC does not measure aptitude alone.
But still, If two students get the same UAI I don't believe that one should be able to enter a course because he can afford to go DFEE while the other misses out because he can't afford it.

melanieeeee.

Banned
HSC
BackCountrySnow said:
yeah, that's a really good point. The HSC does not measure aptitude alone.
But still, If two students get the same UAI I don't believe that one should be able to enter a course because he can afford to go DFEE while the other misses out because he can't afford it.

thats what government substadies are for... so it is possible for anyone to enter through DFEE course

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
Theres a million threads on this. Take the fucking loan option. And if you're gonna cry that 90k is too much you should've thought about that before you walked into your hsc exams.

jackmurray1989

Mr Mature
HSC
Azamakumar said:
Theres a million threads on this. Take the fucking loan option. And if you're gonna cry that 90k is too much you should've thought about that before you walked into your hsc exams.
Except it won't be them that's paying it.

They should make all DFEE as a forced HECS-style loan repayment scheme so that the student is the one that has to pay. That'll even it up again.

melanieeeee.

Banned
HSC
jackmurray1989 said:
Except it won't be them that's paying it.

They should make all DFEE as a forced HECS-style loan repayment scheme so that the student is the one that has to pay. That'll even it up again.
it is possible to pay HECS upfront?

melanieeeee.

Banned
HSC
jackmurray1989 said:
Yeah.

I suppose that argument's going no where.
its not an argument. its a fact its too correct your argument that DFEE is unfair because its possible for someone else to pay it unlike HECS. well HECS is also the same.

shane23q06

HSC
id be happy to see DFEE at universities to be woven out.
it sucks. some people work so hard during year 12 to get the marks they need to get into uni, then you get these rich fools who bludge and pay their way in.

At uni i almost feel like ive been ripped off.....theres so many idiots in my course who just shouldn't be there, but are. It's not fair.

You could say im having a good little whine, and I am. No doubt about it. Id be happy to see the DFEE option weaved out of the system.

If Kevin Rudd gets rid of DFEE, I dont care how ridiculous some of his party already are, George Bush's little puppet will gain my vote. Sorry Mr. Nelson!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)