No UAI? (1 Viewer)

sofimac16

HSC
I was just wondering if there was anyone out there, like me, who isn't getting a UAI. I'm not getting mine because I dropped Bio but it really doesn't bother me!

I just want to know if there is any one out there like me!:wave:

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
yes you can do the HSC with less than 10 units, but youll just be ineligible for the UAI

chronicfootball

Member for Bennelong
HSC
pritnep said:
Because UAI and uni is a measure of success?
No its not, and i realise you were being sarcastic. This is in response to those who said yes:

My brother dropped out of school in year 11. He had no direction no motivation. He got a job in a cafe and started working with food. By the time he was 19 he was head chef in a restaraunt.

He has worked at Bather's Pavillion in Balmoral and right now is working in Tetsuya's:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tetsuyas (for those who don't know about it check out the awards section)

He has a secure job at Tetuya's and has also been offered a job by a former Tetsuya's chef to open a groundbreaking degustation restaraunt in Beijing.

No, the UAI and Uni are not a measure of success. And its because of all the people that said "yes" to that sarcastic statement that we feel so stressed come exam time. How about you don't put so much pressure on ur peers, and actually expand your knowledge and realise that although school is all you have ever known, it is not the discriminate in a successful or unsuccessful life and career.

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
ah congrats to your brother.....mustve been an honour to work in a restaurant ranked 5th in the world

bringbackshred

I AM ANGRY.
HSC
jemsta said:
ah congrats to your brother.....mustve been an honour to work in a restaurant ranked 5th in the world
I'd prefer to eat at it.

Grim.Reaper

Banned
HSC
N/A
I know many people who are not getting a UAI - they shudder at the though of Uni.

I tried to convince one of my friends to get a uai since she wanted to be a weather girl... shame 4 of her units cant count.

chronicfootball

Member for Bennelong
HSC
bringbackshred said:
I'd prefer to eat at it.
Its actually funny you should say that. The elite restaraunt community looks after all of its individual members well. Tetsuya Wakuda entertained Pierre Gagnaire in his personal kitchen and in return the owner of the number 4 restaraunt in the world presented the staff with champagne valued at $2000 a glass. Such is the bond between top chefs that any member of Tetsuya's can get VIP dining at any of the top 5 restaraunts in the world. Imagine a full course plus wine at elBulli or dining on the private deck at Fat Duck. A free meal provided by the masters of cooking, with extra service not available to the public. I would like to see you and your 99.95 UAI get that!

zaqwerty

HSC
Why do people do the HSC if they're not getting a UAI?
I mean, isn't the whole point of year 11 and year 12 to work towards getting into Uni?

Just doesn't seem logical...

ccc123

HSC
Chronicfootball is absolutely right. There are so many different pathways to success these days, and university is just one of the many. There is a common misconception in general whereby people assume that if they consider themselves fairly good academically, there is automatically this expectation that they will proceed with senior school and get a UAI. The thing is though, people have different strengths and talents, many of which are never measured at school. Hence, sometimes it is both necessary and valuble to defy the status quo and find your own path.

Grim.Reaper

Banned
HSC
N/A
chronicfootball said:
Its actually funny you should say that. The elite restaraunt community looks after all of its individual members well. Tetsuya Wakuda entertained Pierre Gagnaire in his personal kitchen and in return the owner of the number 4 restaraunt in the world presented the staff with champagne valued at $2000 a glass. Such is the bond between top chefs that any member of Tetsuya's can get VIP dining at any of the top 5 restaraunts in the world. Imagine a full course plus wine at elBulli or dining on the private deck at Fat Duck. A free meal provided by the masters of cooking, with extra service not available to the public. I would like to see you and your 99.95 UAI get that!
its already happened.

ccc123

HSC
zaqwerty said:
I mean, isn't the whole point of year 11 and year 12 to work towards getting into Uni?

Some people want theie HSC just as another educational qualification for job interviews etc, but do not necessarily intend on going to uni.

Grim.Reaper

Banned
HSC
N/A
zaqwerty said:

i like the way you think my friend.

ccc123

HSC
bringbackshred said:
You make me lol. Very hard. Learn something about me before you go posting to me.

Whoop-de-do about eating at "great" restraunts - the rankings are subjective and may not be to everyone's tastes. (What a fucking pun. I win.)

Secondly, I would like to point out that I am not a person aiming for 99.95 or 100 or whatnot.

Last of all, I would like to ask you to hang yourself. Please don't - legal action may arise if you do.
Um...

How were we to know what your UAI aspirations were? Naturally, asumptions will be made. Secondly, I don't thing he's intention was to boast, but rather, highlight that indeed, success can be achieved with out that over rated UAI.

Last edited:

bringbackshred

I AM ANGRY.
HSC
ccc123 said:
Um...

How were he to know what your UAI aspirations were? Naturally, asumptions will be made. Secondly, I don't thing he's intention was to boast, but rather, highlight that indeed, success can be achieved with out that over rated UAI.
I'm prefectly aware of his intentions, however I will once again refer to the first sentence of the post you quoted.

Grim.Reaper

Banned
HSC
N/A
ccc123 said:
Um...

How were he to know what your UAI aspirations were? Naturally, asumptions will be made. Secondly, I don't thing he's intention was to boast, but rather, highlight that indeed, success can be achieved with out that over rated UAI.
you've taken BBS's post too seriously.

chronicfootball

Member for Bennelong
HSC
By the way with me including the details such at the top 5 ranking, and the $2000 dollar champagne, and using words like "elite" im not trying to sound like a wanker. Im only trying to re-inforce that you dont neccisarily need a UAI or go to Uni to have success. If it comes off as me trying to sound like i think my brother is better than you im sorry thats not my intention. But really you should re-consider how important the HSC is. You seem to have a romanticised view of what it means to receive a high UAI

chronicfootball

Member for Bennelong
HSC
Shotgun Wedding said:
You seem to have no idea about me.

And don't worry - I already know I am better than your brother.
Although this gives you a chance to bypass my previous comment which quite clearly shut you down, please explain why you are better than my brother. What have you achieved in your life. What makes you a better person, infact define better in this context. Then we can examine the individual qualities you posses that make you such a supreme being. Your whole life revolves around the HSC but you dont even plan on a high UAI? I guess you are very lacking in goals for your life. Im not sure where you get off describing youself as "better" than anyone, again define better.

Grim.Reaper

Banned
HSC
N/A
chronicfootball said:
By the way with me including the details such at the top 5 ranking, and the $2000 dollar champagne, and using words like "elite" im not trying to sound like a wanker. Im only trying to re-inforce that you dont neccisarily need a UAI or go to Uni to have success. If it comes off as me trying to sound like i think my brother is better than you im sorry thats not my intention. But really you should re-consider how important the HSC is. You seem to have a romanticised view of what it means to receive a high UAI
maybe you should try to understand that there are people out there who want to go to uni, and uni only. its just like someone saying they want to go to tafe, and tafe only. its annyoing when people say there are 698793783 options [yeh i know there are] but not everyone wants that.

And to some, earning a high UAI is a dream, just like any other. not very nice to remind them of it not being one.

meanie.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)