• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

North Korea presses on nuclear test (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aryanbeauty

HSC
Re: North Korea presses on nuclear test and all that shit!

ElendilPeredhil said:
Again with this argument? I don't care if it's not just America. Stick to the argument at hand! It is America that is demanding the disarment of places such a N Korea and Iran, not fricken France!

As someone has already mentioned, the Japanese were on the verge of collapse already, if they had actually invaded Australia they would have been wiped out by us and our allies.

And you'd be dead.
it's not just America demanding nuclear disarmament of North Korea and Iran. China, Russia, France and Britain all called for North Korea and Iran to stop nuclear enrichment.

Added "UNITED NATIONS - With speculation mounting of a North Korean nuclear test as early as this weekend, a unanimous U.N. Security Council urged the secretive, communist nation Friday to abandon all atomic weapons as it promised last year and cancel plans to detonate a device. Japan hinted the North could face sanctions or possible military action."
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061007/ap_on_re_as/koreas_nuclear

UN Security Council consists of USA, Russia, France, UK, China. It is not just USA who demanded North Korea to stop.

It is France and Germany that negotiate DIRECTLY with Iran to stop its nuclear program, NOT USA.

It was France who threatened to use Nuclear bomb towards any country supporting terrorist and attack France (veiled threat towards Iran)
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/01/19/AR2006011903311.html NO George Bush did not threaten to use Nuclear Bomb.

Yes USA have nuclear bomb and thats why I am still alive, in peace without fearing japanese or communist invasion, and I damn glad that US have nuclear bomb.

Last edited:

360flip

HSC
N/A
So North Korea seems dangerous? How about the United States they just invaded Iraq and Afganistan, defied the U.N.'s and international (well mostly) statements not to invade Iraq and U.N. still supports US or is "controlled" by the US, they have nuclear weapon in fact 28000 still intact, they have tested a nuke before 1940s to the end of the cold war!

Aryanbeauty

HSC
360flip said:
So North Korea seems dangerous? How about the United States they just invaded Iraq and Afganistan, defied the U.N.'s and international (well mostly) statements not to invade Iraq and U.N. still supports US or is "controlled" by the US, they have nuclear weapon in fact 28000 still intact, they have tested a nuke before 1940s to the end of the cold war!
Australia just invaded Iraq and Afghanistan too ;)

HotShot

-_-
HSC
Aryanbeauty said:
Australia just invaded Iraq and Afghanistan too ;)
only cause america invaded otherwise there would be reason to do so.

Hard to call North Koran insane if they could build a nuclear bomb? seems pretty sane to me.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
Schroedinger said:
Though I am loathe to admit it, I'd much prefer that nuclear weaponry was in the hands of the United States than in the hands of an idiot dictator that lets his people go hungry to fund his megalomania.

And wheredanton, North Korea is an insane thoughtcrime gulag. It is not a liberal communist state. Keep your propaganda to yourself.
you pretty much summed up what i was going to say. :)

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
N Korea conducts nuclear bomb test

North Korea said today it has performed its first-ever nuclear weapons test.

The country's official Korean Central News Agency said the underground test was performed and that there had been no radioactive leakage from the site.

"The nuclear test is a historic event that brought happiness to our military and people,'' KCNA said.

"The nuclear test will contribute to maintaining peace and stability in the Korean peninsula and surrounding region.''

The US Geological Survey said no seismic activity had been detected on the Korean peninsula within the past 48 hours.

But South Korea's intelligence agency detected a 3.58 magnitude seismic tremor, the foreign ministry's top spokesman said.

"The government has received a report that there was a tremor of 3.58 sensed from North Korea's northern Hamkyong province at 10.36am (1136 AEST),'' Choo Kyu-Ho told AFP.

He said security-related ministers had been holding talks at the presidential office since 11.30am (1230 AEST).

South Korean President Roh Moo-hyun has convened a meeting of security advisers over the issue, South Korea's Yonhap news agency reported, and intelligence over the test has been exchanged between concerned countries.

The North said last week it would conduct a test, sparking regional concern and frantic diplomatic efforts aimed at dissuading Pyongyang from such a move.

North Korea has long claimed to have nuclear weapons, but had never before performed a known test to prove its arsenal.

Agencies

N Korea's nuclear test 'happiness'
N Korea conducts nuclear bomb test
Pyongyang joins a small nuclear club
What the analysts say

Last edited:

Calculon

Mohammed was a paedophile
HSC
N/A

Anti-Mathmite said:
If he's never going to launch them, then what does he need them for?

No body should have nuclear weapons, but a nuclear weapons in the hands of a democratic government, which is accountable, is safer than a nuclear weapon in the hands of a dictator who is accountable to no one. There is only one good thing, and that's that he isn't islamic so he's not likely to hear voices from Allah directing him to fire it at those bastard infidels in japan or something.
Nuclear weapons are created so that they're never launched, they're a deterrant more than anything else, when in the hands of sane individuals. I'm more than slightly bothered by this, however.

HSC
Schroedinger said:
Though I am loathe to admit it, I'd much prefer that nuclear weaponry was in the hands of the United States than in the hands of an idiot dictator that lets his people go hungry to fund his megalomania.

And wheredanton, North Korea is an insane thoughtcrime gulag. It is not a liberal communist state. Keep your propaganda to yourself.
"Idiot dictator"...its amazing how many people on this thread seem to have met Kim Jong il. I would have thought it would be difficult to get to know the guy, but apparently he gives interviews to Australian students!

I don't see how you can call him an idiot. A ruthless dictator yes, but 'evil' and 'intelligent' are not necessarily opposites. I should think that to run a state like North Korea, keeping himself in power whilst his people starve and the US threatens actually takes some smarts.

rhysc

HSC

dude, if u look at the study of history, there is always a dominat power for each age whether it be the Roman Empire etc I dont support US or their policy but do u want kim jong ill ( a guy who pledges communism when not one policy confines to the ideology, a man who hates the west )to have nucelar weapons.

Seriously, its easy to whine and say but they cant invade because hes a soverign nation and the US do the same thing blah blah and be all rebellious, but be realistic.Just look at the rise of nazism. World govt held such a line towards Hitler and look what happened!

what971

Now in Oriental Flavour!
HSC
N/A
Lil' Kim. lol.

Kim Jong Il supposedly said to Korean newspapers that the reason for the nuke is to guarantee NK security so he can dismantle parts of his army and concentrate on increasing NK's economic performance.

I'm not holding my breath though.

_dhj_

-_-
HSC
Schroedinger said:
Koreans are pretty much the 'niggers' of South East Asia.
except for the fact that they're not part of South East Asia.

hurikai

boredofposting
HSC
360flip said:
http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/asiapcf/10/04/nkorea.nuclear.unresponse/index.html

Normally I don't care about certain politics but this one catches my eye maybe because I'm korean aswell but whatever! I reckon this crap is bullshit the US probably has a right to speak against nuclear weapons and I'm fond of being against nuclear weapons but think of it this way [North Korea "can have a future or it can have these weapons. It cannot have both," Hill said.] how fucking ironic the United States has at least 28000 motherfucking a-bombs and they tell other countries they can't make or use them? I applaud North Korea for continuing to defie US demands as they can't be the world's police! Surely Kim Jong Il may look like a bastard in the eyes of the west but surely he ain't suicidal and knows that if he ever launched a a-bomb on another country it would be the dead of North Korea as well as the world! What ya think? I wrote this cos i just have too much time in my hands and should be studying now lol!
Right on!

HSC
Schroedinger said:
Maybe I'm making a value judgement on policies that I see as poorly-thought out, short-sighted and, quite frankly, IDIOTIC.

It doesn't require smarts, it's called intimidation and terror and the merciless assault on those who disagree with you, but we wouldn't know about that because, hey, wait a minute, there is NO MEDIA THAT GETS OUT OF THE COUNTRY BECAUSE IT'S ALL CENSORED.

Oh but it's cool if you call Bush an Idiot because he is an Idiot, hey.

Oh wait that's different. You partisan hack.
Give me an example please...I'm willing to hear it but all I see in this reply is 'You are an idiot because you don't like Bush and you think it takes brains to be a dictator'...

I can only reiterate that it does take brains to remain in power. Intimidation, terror, and a merciless assault on those who disagree with you...yes I would say that to accomplish all that requires some level of intelligence.

And, you can yell as loud as you want, but CENSORED is not a synonym for 'stupid'. I was not defending Kim Jong because I think he's any better than Bush, or because I'm a communist or any such rubbish, but because some ppl on this thread seem to think that a reason to keep weapons out of his hands is because he's an idiot, or insane- which I don't think are necessarily valid reasons, anymore than 'Bush shouldn't have nuclear weapons because he is an idiot' is. It has much more to do with their countries individual situations than their own virtues and flaws.

What do you mean exactly by calling me a partisan hack?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)