Not sure about picking up Ext 2 English next year... (1 Viewer)

ciaobella17

HSC
Currently I am doing Advanced English and Extension 1 English and I'm going fairly OK
(granted we have only really done one assessment). Currently I'm sitting on 93% for Adv and rank 2 and 90% for Ext and rank 3. Most people in my class already know whether they are going to do Ext 2 next year. Can anyone give me any advice on deciding? I know it is pretty early on.

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad
Currently I am doing Advanced English and Extension 1 English and I'm going fairly OK
(granted we have only really done one assessment). Currently I'm sitting on 93% for Adv and rank 2 and 90% for Ext and rank 3. Most people in my class already know whether they are going to do Ext 2 next year. Can anyone give me any advice on deciding? I know it is pretty early on.
If you have a passionate for writing and are doing well - go for it.

ciaobella17

HSC
Thank you for your reply! I must say that writing is definately my strength when it comes to English and I really do enjoy it. I'm just a bit worried about the whole 'major project idea'

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Uhh, Extension 2 English should not be treated as a 'normal hierarchical subject'. If you want to write a major work - you do it. Simple.

Don't doubt yourself with that bullcrap about "Ohh, my marks in EX1 are very low I shouldn't do it =(". Since when is HSC English an overly hierarchical subject where what you learn in Advanced helps you in Extension 1? That argument should be reserved for mathematics and to a lesser extent, history.

mirakon

nigga
HSC
Thank you for your reply! I must say that writing is definately my strength when it comes to English and I really do enjoy it. I'm just a bit worried about the whole 'major project idea'
what are you actually particularly worried about?

ciaobella17

HSC
Mainly, about the time it would take up and whether I would actually be able to cope doing something of that magnitude. I don't want to do it, if I might not get really good marks.

mirakon

nigga
HSC
Mainly, about the time it would take up and whether I would actually be able to cope doing something of that magnitude. I don't want to do it, if I might not get really good marks.
well all that depends on how well you have the idea in your head. If you have a basic idea of your direction beforehand, you're better prepared and as a result you can get through the workload faster. From my experience, I haven't spent too much time on Ext 2 english at all, since I'd finished most of it quite early on. Remember you have all year to do your major work, if you get id done early you have less pressure to commit more time to it.

ciaobella17

HSC
Yeah, I've heard about a lot of people doing it in the Summer holidays so they wouldn't have to spend so much time on it during the school terms and they could committ more to their other subjects. Do you know how long/big this project is? I know you have to do a journel and its a major work-so I'm assuming it's quite a big workload?

ademayd

HSC
if you enjoy it do it. dont worry about the time you will put in it, i highly regret not doing it. you will still end up putting in the time for the other subjects with a marginal difference. but you should make use of your strengths,
and also HSC is a stressful time, make your subjects as enjoyable as possible, NOT something you dont want to look at

mirakon

nigga
HSC
Yeah, I've heard about a lot of people doing it in the Summer holidays so they wouldn't have to spend so much time on it during the school terms and they could committ more to their other subjects. Do you know how long/big this project is? I know you have to do a journel and its a major work-so I'm assuming it's quite a big workload?
well your piece has to be about 6000-8000 words for creative, i'm not sure about critical response, but i assume its clsoe to the same amount. The journal is really your account of how you're progressing as you go along. I right once a fortnight about 2-3 pages worth and usually get it done within an hour. I read my research texts in bed before i sleep. The fact that i have an interest in what i'm doing means that this often flys by pretty fast.

ciaobella17

HSC
Thanks, I'm actually considering doing it. It's not like it's Ext 2 Maths where it's constant. I think that it could be fun, I do enjoy writing. Thanks for the tips

ciaobella17

HSC
well your piece has to be about 6000-8000 words for creative, i'm not sure about critical response, but i assume its clsoe to the same amount. The journal is really your account of how you're progressing as you go along. I right once a fortnight about 2-3 pages worth and usually get it done within an hour. I read my research texts in bed before i sleep. The fact that i have an interest in what i'm doing means that this often flys by pretty fast.
Thank you, 6000-8000 wow that's a lot! But I guess that over a year it's not too bad at all. The way you describe it, it actually sounds like a pretty nice course, and I think I might give it a shot. Thank you!

Ryan_T90

HSC
In my opinion, if you're already doing Ext. 1, there is no harm in going on to do Ext. 2.

powlmao

Banned
HSC

Do it you if you like english

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)