Now tell me this isn't evil. (1 Viewer)

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
The article said that the Bishop claimed that a c-section wouldve made the births possible.
Can anyone more medically inclinded confirm that this thing can happen to a 9yo?

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
First of all, I'm amazed by how ignorant some of the replies in this thread are.
We are talking about the life of a nine year old girl whose life is at risk if she continues to carry the twins, NOT a healthy and capable woman. If you people are against abortion, please do so in other threads regarding abortion in general, not this one!
Underlining your posts makes them more legible and awesome!

It is funny how many conservative people judge on behalf on god. After all, if they believe that god is the ultimate judge, then he should do all the judging and not them. The church should offer support for the girl, instead of putting in religious rules first. They have failed to follow what Jesus has preached in his time.
They're following the word of God: the Bible, you nong.

You wanna fite? Let's fite. You and me under the Cahill Expressway, next to the gelato bar. Come on! Bring it!

your.knee

i'm lizzing
HSC
even with external support, i don't think a nine year old is capable of raising a child. so abortion seems like the right option here.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
The article said that the Bishop claimed that a c-section wouldve made the births possible.
Can anyone more medically inclinded confirm that this thing can happen to a 9yo?
No matter how heavy the scarring, and no matter how hefty the mental damage the child endures, a life is always more important that physical harm. The birth of a new life while preserving a damaged life is always better than preserving one life.

Mathematically:

1.1>1

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Oh sure, but she certainly couldve lived through such a procedure?

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
Your "qualifications" as a biologist have very little to do with your moral stance on the issue, as you've consistently not offered any concrete biological proof of the definitive point between a human and a non-human. Instead, you refer to things (admirable as they are) such as the beggining of breath and thought, which I find to be uncomfortable boundaries.

And physical convinience?
Psychological convinience?
By golly you're a selfish creature.

Hey let's take a bio course together again :)
You haven't offered any proof either. Sense would dictate that calling something that cannot function as a human a human is pretty silly.

And one other thing - I believe that adding to the currently unsustainable world population growth is a pretty irresponsible and "immoral" thing.

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
Oh sure, but she certainly couldve lived through such a proceedure?
The c-section? Probably. The pregnancy itself to get to the point where she COULD have a c-section? Unlikely, which is why the doctors went forward with the abortion in the first place.

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
To be honest, I'm kinda suprised this even happened to start with.
Since when are nine year-olds fertile? Don't most chicks start menstruating when they're like 12?

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
Kwayera said:
You haven't offered any proof either. Sense would dictate that calling something that cannot function as a human a human is pretty silly.
Are you now going to list the functions that define a human? Go on. I certainly hope they're concrete boundaries!

You know full well that my objection to abortion is based ONLY on the fact that there's no concrete line at which one can say that "this is/isn't a human" I'm not out to draw lines in the sand, I've simply backtracked to the starting point - fertilisation.

And one other thing - I believe that adding to the currently unsustainable world population growth is a pretty irresponsible and "immoral" thing.
I agree with that too, but killing things isn't the best way of going about solving this problem. Bring on the one child policy in every country, I say.

candytrip

Slacker
HSC
Regardless of the abortion debate, I just don't see how a not fully-developed 9 year old girl squeezing out two babies is the right thing.

If God intended for this to happen, then God is an asshole.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
The c-section? Probably. The pregnancy itself to get to the point where she COULD have a c-section? Unlikely, which is why the doctors went forward with the abortion in the first place.
Ah youre right. A 9yo couldnt safely carry twins.
Is there a rough percentage attached to this? Like, it's x% likely a girl of that development, with twins, would not survive the pregnancy

derekch

HSC
They're following the word of God: the Bible, you nong.

You wanna fite? Let's fite. You and me under the Cahill Expressway, next to the gelato bar. Come on! Bring it!
I know and have read the bible. Christians believe that the bible is an inspired word of God, written by men and it cannot be read literally. Otherwise, every Christian should be punish because they would be considered breaking the old testament rules (like shaving, or even wearing clothes made of wool).

Don't be silly. Why would I want to fight you over this? You pose no threat to my existence and I take your words very lightly.

candytrip

Slacker
HSC
Regardless of the abortion debate, I just don't see how a not fully-developed 9 year old girl squeezing out two babies is the right thing.

If God intended for this to happen, then God is an asshole.
Same goes for slicing open her uterus.

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
Are you now going to list the functions that define a human? Go on. I certainly hope they're concrete boundaries!

You know full well that my objection to abortion is based ONLY on the fact that there's no concrete line at which one can say that "this is/isn't a human" I'm not out to draw lines in the sand, I've simply backtracked to the starting point - fertilisation.
But that's a stupid point to backtrack to. There's a general consensus in the medical community at which point abortion is no longer acceptable, and I like to think they're more qualified than you to make that distinction - as YOU know full well.

I agree with that too, but killing things isn't the best way of going about solving this problem. Bring on the one child policy in every country, I say.
So what happens when a couple with a child conceives again, even accidentally (tubal ligation isn't infallible, and neither is a vasectomy)? Have an abortion, which is morallly abhorrent to you, or give the child up for adoption, which adds to the very problem that a "one child policy" is supposed to control?

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
I know and have read the bible. Christians believe that the bible is an inspired word of God, written by men and it cannot be read literally. Otherwise, every Christian should be punish because they would be considered breaking the old testament rules (like shaving, or even wearing clothes made of wool).
You haven't read the Bible

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
I dont know. If I grew up knowing that my mother died giving birth to me, i'm pretty sure that i'd grow up with a pretty positive view of humanity/love etc. esp. considering that she couldve chosen to end me without being blamed by anyone

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
Ah youre right. A 9yo couldnt safely carry twins.
Is there a rough percentage attached to this? Like, it's x% likely a girl of that development, with twins, would not survive the pregnancy
Not that I know of - this doesn't happen all that often.

The fact that she was able to fall pregnant at the age of 9 is itself exceedingly unlikely, let alone being able to carry to term (particularly considering her physical characteristics, as described - thin, scrawny and physically immature).

In fact, given the fact that she probably couldn't safely carry the foetuses to a stage where they could be removed via C-section (and survived), they probably would have died with her.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)