Now tell me this isn't evil. (1 Viewer)

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
Kwayera said:
But that's a stupid point to backtrack to. There's a general consensus in the medical community at which point abortion is no longer acceptable, and I like to think they're more qualified than you to make that distinction - as YOU know full well.
Definately, but mistakes can be made at that point, is what I'm saying. Let's say that they've got it right and that they've identified the point at which something is/isn't a human (can't be proved, so let's make it a hypothetical). Baby A might be underdeveloped, while baby B is not. You terminate the two pregnancies and you've killed a human in one case and not killed a human in the other by your own definition. So you've got two points working against you in this scenario: Where's the dividing line, and how do we make it accurate? When you're playing with lives, these things need to be 100% proven imo (hence my opposition to the death penalty).

So what happens when a couple with a child conceives again, even accidentally (tubal ligation isn't infallible, and neither is a vasectomy)? Have an abortion, which is morallly abhorrent to you, or give the child up for adoption, which adds to the very problem that a "one child policy" is supposed to control?
I'm pretty sure that any sane one child policy would allow for accidents, lol.

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
I dont know. If I grew up knowing that my mother died giving birth to me, i'm pretty sure that i'd grow up with a pretty positive view of humanity/love etc. esp. considering that she couldve chosen to end me without being blamed by anyone
My mother almost chose to 'end' me, and I have no problem with that fact.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
In fact, given the fact that she probably couldn't safely carry the foetuses to a stage where they could be removed via C-section (and survived), they probably would have died with her.
I think that's a significant point, if true
!

gurusson

HSC
i beleive that the father/stepfather guy should be excomunicated but not necessarily the rest of the fammily

justanotherposter

Epic Member
HSC
And you do realise excommunicating them is was a way of pressuring them into not having an abortion?
And you do realise your making that assumption with absolutely no proof? They could be excommunicating the family..geez..I don't know.. because they commited a crime according to the bible? Therefore it would be kind of weird for them to keep going to church don't you think?

justanotherposter

Epic Member
HSC
But he's perfectly right. The only reason a woman would want an abortion would be because she doesn't want the baby. Now some of these individual cases are perfectly understandable and reasonable, such as the one in this thread. But many women get abortions because they just did not want the responsibility of using a proper contraceptive or of a baby.
Imo, even in those cases abortion is probably the right path to take. It's not murder and it's better than bringing a child into this world that won't be looked after.

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
I'm guessing he means the way according to his church. Like, the Catholic way, or the Anglican way, or the Westboro Baptist way, for example.

derekch

HSC
There is no proper way to read it, each person interprets the book the way they read it.
yes that is so true. Even till today, there are still debates on scriptures.. because it is all based on interpretation. I love your signature btw...(the naruto vs ichigo)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)