• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

NRL : The Official NRL Thread 2006 (1 Viewer)

snickerdoodle

year of the dog
HSC
Bookie said:
but knights didnt have johns
So? Not like they don't have a decent squad otherwise. What the hell are they gonna do when he retires?

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
snickerdoodle said:
So? Not like they don't have a decent squad otherwise. What the hell are they gonna do when he retires?
Brian Smith will come to save them, with a Superman cape and bright red undies outside his pants. But seriously, Newcastle are the worst 'team' in the competition, ignoring Souths. They are just lucky that when Johns plays, he transforms them into just about the best.

The Cowboys losing, whilst disappointing for them, wouldn't have come as a HUGE surprise. They played in the toughest (and best) match of the season last week .. and won. Coming down off that natural high would have been tough, and they would have been flat during the week. Testament to this is the fact that they were on top of the Sharks in the first half, but were over-run in the second half, when their stamina couldn't keep up.

If Thompson didn't play, the Sharks would have lost anyway.

Congratulations to the Warriors for getting off 0 points, well deserved. They are only two wins outside the top eight now, so it's still not a foregone conclusion that they will miss it. And Souths .. well, they'll struggle to win more than three matches in 2006.

Dr_Doom

HSC
GO eels! Beat the crap out of tigers. Eels will climb back up to the top like they did last year :p

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Tipping is going decently this round (apart from the cowboys-sharks game). Seagles look to be securing this game as well.
If the sexy panthers beat the broncos ill be sextatic.

mrzeidan1

Tigers '08
HSC
I thought i had tipped the cowboys, but apparently i tipped the sharks. (not complaining).. i lost the rabbitohs, expecting them to win at least once this season!!

stazi

Nightman
HSC
that broncos panthers game was the most boring game ive ever watched. ever.

Nesty

Proud TB =)
HSC
i was reading alpha while watching.. then i can't even stand hearing the commentary and changed to channel 10's sports tonight :D

tigerian

HSC
N/A
Bookie said:
the eels beat the tigers without marshall and hodgson

OH FUCKING WOW.

and the ref played their way as well.
I am a biased tigers fan who was at the stadium on Friday night and has missed only the tigers games in NZ and nth qld. and I was pleased with the way the tigers played. They were fair and square by a better side on the night and the ref had no part in Parra's win. And yes both tries disallowed to the tigers were correct decisions.

Dont write off the tigers. Currently 3 wins form 7 rounds ,already in front of this time last year when they had 2 wins after round 7

Ian

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
The whole of Channel 9, it seems ..

"OH EM GEE Newcastle are so cool! I love Andrew Johns so much he is amazing and the Knights are the best!"

Ring any bells?

If not, watch the replay of Eels vs Tigers and hear them talk about Newcastle on a couple of occasions throughout the match.

It's disturbing ..

sando

HSC IS EVIL
HSC
Bookie said:
UP UP CRONULLA!

Best team in the comp my arse. The Raiders were undefeated in the first 6 rounds too. Stop sucking their cocks.

Glad to see you back.... I hope next time you learn your lesson

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
Hey, a victory by double digits in an Anzac match? Amazing.

Wasn't thrilled with the performance. At least there was a well thought-out game plan, though.

And we are 4-3 after Round 7 .. compared to last year's start, I'll take that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)