• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

NRL : The Official NRL Thread 2006 (3 Viewers)

kimi

C U Next Tuesday.
HSC
N/A
I think Dragons should be worried that they should of won by more. With the best centres in league, you should of literally murdered us. We only had one of our regular back five in the side (and he was out of position) and we actually did really well today. You guys ONLY scored tries that all came off kicks and you couldnt even run in a try though our defence. AND we were UNDERMANNED. (Our centres are out, Moz and Fitzy are playing injured, our Golden Boot Injured...) If Minichiello played, i am fuckin certain we would of won. With Mini there and Amos on the wing, those tries let in by Perrett wouldnt have happened for sure. But hey, Perrett's inexperienced and he played preety well apart from letting those two tries in.

But yes, anyway. It was a preety solid performance from a understrength team and all we need to know is, Ryles is injured. Fuck Oath.

Last edited:

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
kimi said:
I think Dragons should be worried that they should of won by more. With the best centres in league, you should of literally murdered us. We only had one of our regular back five in the side (and he was out of position) and we actually did really well today. You guys ONLY scored tries that all came off kicks and you couldnt even run in a try though our defence. AND we were UNDERMANNED. (Our centres are out, Moz and Fitzy are playing injured, our Golden Boot Injured...) If Minichiello played, i am fuckin certain we would of won. With Mini there and Amos on the wing, those tries let in by Perrett wouldnt have happened for sure. But hey, Perrett's inexperienced and he played preety well apart from letting those two tries in.

But yes, anyway. It was a preety solid performance from a understrength team and all we need to know is, Ryles is injured. Fuck Oath.
I definitely agree with a lot of that.

I don't think they are worried that they only won by 10, though, because a win's a win, whether it's by two points or fifty-two. And they beat Manly at Brookvale last week, who are definitely one of the form teams of the comp.

It was actually really interesting to see Brownie's gameplan unfold. With all the talk of Roosters losing their backs, everyone thought Dragons were going to pump early ball to Gasnier and Cooper and let them do what they wanted. However, they instead decided to attack by kicking, which was a pleasant surprise.

Unfortunately, we copped a few injuries out of the game. Ryles gone, Timmins, Naiqama, Head, Gorrell all in doubt for Saturday's match against Melbourne.

Nevertheless, it's the biggest ever winning margin in Anzac Day clashes. In 2004, the Roosters only won 11-8 against a Dragons side missing five or six players.

Take nothing away from the Roosters today, though. They put in a very spirited performance. I don't like their chances against NQL Cowboys next week, but if they can put in a similar effort, they should be able to push the Cowboys to the end.

sando

HSC IS EVIL
HSC
DRAGONZ said:
I definitely agree with a lot of that.

I don't think they are worried that they only won by 10, though, because a win's a win, whether it's by two points or fifty-two. And they beat Manly at Brookvale last week, who are definitely one of the form teams of the comp.

It was actually really interesting to see Brownie's gameplan unfold. With all the talk of Roosters losing their backs, everyone thought Dragons were going to pump early ball to Gasnier and Cooper and let them do what they wanted. However, they instead decided to attack by kicking, which was a pleasant surprise.

Unfortunately, we copped a few injuries out of the game. Ryles gone, Timmins, Naiqama, Head, Gorrell all in doubt for Saturday's match against Melbourne.

Nevertheless, it's the biggest ever winning margin in Anzac Day clashes. In 2004, the Roosters only won 11-8 against a Dragons side missing five or six players.

Take nothing away from the Roosters today, though. They put in a very spirited performance. I don't like their chances against NQL Cowboys next week, but if they can put in a similar effort, they should be able to push the Cowboys to the end.
I dont like Dragons chances agaisnt Melbourne. Melbourne by 20+ i reckon.

Zozo6969

HSC
Anyone know why Scoot Hill wasn't named in the Storm team for this Saturday against the Dragons? He served his two weeks against the Panthers and Knights, and it's stupid with Geyer at 5/8 when Hoffman is out of position in centre. At least put Walker there instead. Give him a chance.

kimi

C U Next Tuesday.
HSC
N/A
Did u say WALKER?! BAHAHAHAHA. (hahahahahah) Im sorry, im just so glad hes not at the Roosters anymore.

I reckon Roosters COULD give the Cowboys a run for their money. Drop Finch, put Soward back in First Grade, Get all our players back from injuries particularly Mini and its set. Oh and if Sticky would drop the Rep footy priorities that would be perfect too. I mean, if Sharks could beat Cowboys- neone could hope the impossible right?

I swear Brett Finch is a friggen curse, die already would you? Up the FOFF'ers.

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
sando said:
I dont like Dragons chances agaisnt Melbourne. Melbourne by 20+ i reckon.
Yeah, everything points to a big Melbourne victory, definitely. Including the fact that we have only beaten them once out of the last nine matches between the clubs.

Hopefully Inglis and Cronk are both ruled out with injury, though. That would help no end.

Zozo6969 said:
Anyone know why Scoot Hill wasn't named in the Storm team for this Saturday against the Dragons? He served his two weeks against the Panthers and Knights, and it's stupid with Geyer at 5/8 when Hoffman is out of position in centre. At least put Walker there instead. Give him a chance.
Supposedly relegated to Premier League.

Personally, I think it's a load of crap by Bellamy, and he will run out in the starting line-up on Saturday.

Random_87

HSC
N/A
Look, I know I'm sooooooooooooooo fucken late for this, but

[size=+3]SHARKS BEAT COWBOYS! WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?[/size]

To Cowboys: [size=+4]BAHAHAHAHAHAHA[/size]

To Sharks: [size=+5] WTF?[/size]

How the fuck did that happen? Of course I couldnt watch the game, but did the sharkies do the unthinkable and play some good footy? I was ecstatic when i saw the result, but I realise we'll probably just lose our next game to an opponent who is half as good as the cowboys, cos I dunno who the sharkies face next.

God it was good to see the sharkies get a win. Eat that league unlimited Guru! BAHAHAHAHA

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
Hey Eoin,

The Sharks were down 22-10 at halftime .. Cowboys didn't have the petrol in the tank to keep it up in the second half after their HUGE 18-16 win over Newcastle the week before (in the best match of the season).

A good win nonetheless; you have Lance Thompson to thank for a very inspirational second half, and Adam Dykes for good play.

They play Penrith on Friday night .. and actually have a decent chance, considering Penrith's recent form.

But their alternate strip could possibly be the most ugly thing ever seen ..

sando

HSC IS EVIL
HSC
Agree... Their 'white' uniform must be the least intimidating uniform in the comp. Makes them look like a bunch of panzies going for a photo shoot.

And apparently Craig Bellamy couldnt find space in the Melbourne lineup after their recent great form, so Hill is down to PL

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
sando said:
Agree... Their 'white' uniform must be the least intimidating uniform in the comp. Makes them look like a bunch of panzies going for a photo shoot.

And apparently Craig Bellamy couldnt find space in the Melbourne lineup after their recent great form, so Hill is down to PL
Cooper Cronk failed a fitness test today. He's having another one on Friday, but the Melbourne doctor says it doesn't look good.

They'll find room for Scott Hill.

snickerdoodle

year of the dog
HSC
Reni Maitua got charged for drink driving. He's such an arrogant asshole. I've come to expect it from him.

Fuck yeah, new halves! Wooooooooooooo! Unless Folkes puts Corey Hughes at halfback, then it's booooooooooooooo.

Random_87

HSC
N/A
Well Rob, the only footage of Cronulla I've seen so far this season was in a blue jersey. I can't remember if they were in the retro jersey or not, but I dont know about the white jersey....

Hell, I dont care what jersey they wear, I just want them to win.

And didnt Melbourne have a white jersey last year??? How is Cronulla's any different?

sando

HSC IS EVIL
HSC
Yes i agree Melbourne's away jersey last year was the worst design i have ever seen. But the cronulla away jersey comes a close 2nd for the worst jersey of all time

pinkkprincesss

HSC
Even though i am a penrith supporter i must say that their away stuff is really bad
white shorts with white socks and most of them having white shoes as well does not look good at all. and in past experience they seem to play badly when they wear it. last game an example of this

Random_87

HSC
N/A
Ben Ross gone! Probable Cruicate Ligament! BOO-URNS...

Even if we do win this.... we've already lost... hahaha, just kidding! Its only Ben Ross *sigh.* Imagine if it had of been Vagana! HOLY CRAP! Season OVA!

Come on Vagana! Give em' hell! And Do a few quality Head Highs! We need the boys to fire up!

Random_87

HSC
N/A
Yeah Sharkies!

Luke Covell in da house!

And Vagana, my boy, goes and gives a head high! What a man, what a man, what a man, what a mighty fine man.

Well, that just about makes my weekend.

Im out.

kimi

C U Next Tuesday.
HSC
N/A
Roosters to lose by 50+.
Minichiello, and Flannery now delcared OUT. In addition to the already injuired Soliola, Crossy, Monaghan, Shackleton and Plum.

And its Cowboys, at THEIR home stadium.
Talk about Depressing. Uh, for fucks sake... i need a shoulder to cry on.
("Dont Cry For Me Argentina....!!!")

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)