NRL : The Official NRL Thread 2006 (1 Viewer)

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
Rofl ..

Copious, we beat you guys.

What the hell?!

It once again shows that we go better when we play no-names who have something to prove.

sando, I wonder what you think of Morris after his performance tonight?

vizman

HSC
go the broncos !!!! lol finch playing in origin will ensure a qld win, he is the biggest choker ever

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
Farrrrrk.

Melbourne Storm for the top four ..

At the start of the season, almost everyone on here said they would be bottom three.

I said that they are consistently there or thereabouts, and that Olympic Park is a fortress .. but admittedly, thought that scraping into the Finals was their best possibility.

Brisbane still aren't showing me anything which leads me to believe that they have a chance this season .. they have been gifted an amazing run so far this season, continually coming up against teams with injury problems or teams which are horribly out-of-form .. everytime they have versed an opponent who has played decently, they have lost .. Cowboys, Dragons and Knights.

Despite the $ea Eagle$ trying to buy a Premiership, they are proving to be a one-man team .. without Kennedy, they don't look likely.

The Cowboys have now lost 3 of their last 4, with a crappy win over Penrith in the middle .. this is bad news for them, because they are probably going to struggle again during Origin. They needed to be about 9-1 after 10 to have a chance at the Minor Premiership, IMO .. 8-2 was probably the limit.

Stubbs

HSC
shortygb said:
Parramatta Eels Minor Premiers 2005, Wooden Spooners 2006.

aaaaarrrrGGHHHhhHH!HH!!!!!!
Parramatta are no chance of making the top 8 now.

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
shortygb said:
Parramatta Eels Minor Premiers 2005, Wooden Spooners 2006.

aaaaarrrrGGHHHhhHH!HH!!!!!!
Haha, it's like the inverse Newcastle.

Stubbs said:
Parramatta are no chance of making the top 8 now.
No chance? They are still only four points outside the top eight ..

Do you know that the Dragons were six points off the Minor Premiership after Round 10 last season? They got to equal first on 36 points with Parramatta. After being on 10 points after 10 Rounds.

shortygb

BOSer #13412
HSC
hmm true, but one thing....Dragons lifted their game, Eels are just plain shit when they keep losing, its always hard for us to string some wins together, which is what we desperatly need.

*mel*

Did anyone read today's Sun-Herald? There's an article about Matty Johns and how he's going to star in an independent Aussie film called The Last Winter. It's supposed to be about the Newtown Jets in 1987. Sounds interesting.

But then he goes on to talk about how his inspiration is Paul Hogan... i reckon that's a bit of a joke. Yeah, he's a good entertainer but does he really reckon that he is going to make it that big? I dunno... seems to me that he's getting a really big head. What do you guys reckon?

Random_87

HSC
N/A
How good are the sharkies goin? No Dykes and no Kimmorley (woo hoo). And we won against the Raiders! Ok, so it was the Raiders, but they were having a little stint and pullin a few games together. But great play by the sharkies. Things looking better for the season now. But then again, what about last year over the first 10 games 8 wins then they were just shit after that. I dont want a shitty little run that ends with a shit ending running into the finals, if we make the top 8.

Anyway, GO THE VAGANA! How fuckin good is his beard and hair? 10/10 if you ask me. That alone is bound to win games. GO THE VAGANA!

rewster

HSC
I just hope they beat the Bulldogs this week. Also, Souths haven't won a game yet, so I'm a bit worried that the Roosters will ge thier first this week.

snickerdoodle

year of the dog
HSC
NSW Blues
Fullback: Brett Hodgson (Tigers)
Wing: Matt King (Storm)
Centre: Mark Gasnier (Dragons)
Centre: Matt Cooper (Dragons)
Wing: Timana Tahu (Eels)
Five Eighth: Braith Anasta (Roosters)
Half Back: Craig Gower (Panthers)
Front Row: Willie Mason (Bulldogs)
Hooker: Danny Buderus (c) (Knights)
Front Row: Brent Kite (Sea Eagles)
Second Row: Nathan Hindmarsh (Eels)
Second Row: Steve Simpson (Knights)
Lock: Luke O’Donnell (Cowboys)

Interchange:
Craig Wing (Roosters)
Steve Menzies (Sea Eagles)
Mark O’Meley (Bulldogs)
Andrew Ryan (Bulldogs)

QLD Maroons
Fullback: Matt Bowen (Cowboys)
Wing: Greg Inglis (Storm)
Centre: Justin Hodges (Broncos)
Centre: Brent Tate (Broncos)
Wing: Steven Bell (Sea Eagles)
Five Eighth: Darren Lockyer (c) (Broncos)
Half Back: Johnathan Thurston (Cowboys)
Front Row: Steven Price (Warriors)
Hooker: Cameron Smith (Storm)
Front Row: Petero Civoniceva (Broncos)
Second Row: David Stagg (Broncos)
Second Row: Matthew Scott (Cowboys)
Lock: Dallas Johnson (Storm)

Interchange:
Shaun Berrigan (Broncos)
Carl Webb (Cowboys)
Sam Thaiday (Broncos)
Nate Myles (Bulldogs

Therefore, the Dogs team taking on Cronulla this weekend is missing Mason, O'Meley, Ryan and Myles. We're fucked.

Anyway, sif put Kite and Simpson in the starting line up? And OMG, ANASTA. Hahahahahahhahahahahhaa. We lose now.

I'm glad Greg Inglis got picked for the Maroons. I see that Matt Bowen is starting fullback as well. They're going to bomb the hell out of him.

HSC
Random_87 said:
Anyway, GO THE VAGANA! How fuckin good is his beard and hair? 10/10 if you ask me. That alone is bound to win games. GO THE VAGANA!
I'd give his hair and beard a 0/10. How can u think it looks good?!? By any chance are you blind?

snickerdoodle

year of the dog
HSC
MEDIA ADVISORY
The Parramatta National Rugby League Club wishes to advise that Head Coach Brian Smith has today resigned his position, effective immediately.

The Board of the Parramatta National Rugby League Club has a scheduled meeting tonight, where a replacement for Brian will be discussed.

“I informed the players, staff and management team of my decision earlier this afternoon. In assessing the situation, it has become apparent that someone else should be at the helm to guide the team in future matches,” Smith said

“It is a very sad day for me as I have given 10 years of service to the Club, but my decision is based on what is best for the Club,” Smith added.

Wows. I wonder if any Parra fan is actually sadened by this...

HSC
Hahaha! That's really bad if a coach feels like they have to resign mid-season!

Somehow I think the Parra fan/s (shortygb) will be happy.

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
**MeL**88 said:
Did anyone read today's Sun-Herald? There's an article about Matty Johns and how he's going to star in an independent Aussie film called The Last Winter. It's supposed to be about the Newtown Jets in 1987. Sounds interesting.

But then he goes on to talk about how his inspiration is Paul Hogan... i reckon that's a bit of a joke. Yeah, he's a good entertainer but does he really reckon that he is going to make it that big? I dunno... seems to me that he's getting a really big head. What do you guys reckon?
Matt Johns is an idiot. Along with Fatty, Sterlo and Chief. The Footy Show is a bunch of garbage .. more like The Ego-Boosting Show .. and seeing Johns in a feature film would be disturbing.

However, a movie about sport is a movie worth watching :p

State Of Origin ... Queensland should win Game 1 comfortably, despite it being at a ground they've never won at. NSW have got nothing doing, except a dominance in the second row. Gasnier and Cooper are named, but both are under big injury clouds .. I would be surprised to see Cooper play, and slightly less surprised about Gaz. Our halves are SHITE, but there is nothing else available. Oh, how NSW shall rue not having 6. Barrett 7. Johns this year.

Qld to have the series won 2-0 .. perhaps NSW will jag a victory in Game 3?

Brian Smith .. mixed feelings about this. If he was going to quit, then doing it at the start of the season looked like the better option .. now he just leaves Parramatta in a bigger hole.

However, Jason Taylor has the gig now, and he's looking likely as a First Grade coach. Funnily enough, he's going to South Sydney next year to be assistant to McRae anyway, so Eels have to look for a full-time coach for 2007 nonetheless.

Paul Roos did a similar thing with Sydney Swans when he started .. and we can all see how successful that's been! So perhaps this might be a repeat of that ..

Edit: I wouldn't mind snapping up Smith as an assistant at the Dragons for the rest of the season .. there is no doubting that he is a very good coach. The problems at Parramatta are not due a lack of coaching ability.

sando

HSC IS EVIL
HSC
Isn't Brian Smith going to Newcastle next year 'Dragonz' ???

Random_87

HSC
N/A
chocolate_lover said:
I'd give his hair and beard a 0/10. How can u think it looks good?!? By any chance are you blind?
Nope, i just know when a man looks HAWT!

GO the sharks, another easy win against the raiders at canberra. Was it ever in doubt, baby?

And bookie when did you get picked for that random blog thingy? I missed all that, picked it up from brogans signature. And brogan, not trying to offend you, but your trolling has died down severely in my opinion. Are you just losing intrest or becoming a nicer guy?

shortygb

BOSer #13412
HSC
See? Were so shit that our own coach cant even wait till the end of the season to leave.

chocolate_lover said:
Somehow I think the Parra fan/s (shortygb) will be happy.
lol, i think i am the only one left...:eek:

Im not sure if it is a good thing yet, there is no denying that Smith is a good coach so we dont know if his departure might be good or bad but then again Jason Taylor is a good coach too, and coached the premiership winning PL side last year. not to mention hes an explayer which could hopefully help in motivating them. we just have to see this week, we have a local derby on with the panthers, then parra fans can say if its good or not.

DRAGONZ said:
However, Jason Taylor has the gig now, and he's looking likely as a First Grade coach. Funnily enough, he's going to South Sydney next year to be assistant to McRae anyway, so Eels have to look for a full-time coach for 2007 nonetheless.
we already signed Hagan for 2007, right even before the season started. its a pity that we get JT to coach now, i would of really prefered him over Hagan 2007 and beyond.

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
sando said:
Isn't Brian Smith going to Newcastle next year 'Dragonz' ???
Yeah, he is.

Notice that I wrote:

DRAGONZ said:
Edit: I wouldn't mind snapping up Smith as an assistant at the Dragons for the rest of the season .. there is no doubting that he is a very good coach. The problems at Parramatta are not due a lack of coaching ability.
So yeah .. for the rest of 2006.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)