• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

NRL Thread (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suney_J

Not a member
HSC
http://www.nrl.com/news.cfm?ID=11261

City-Country Origin teams named

1 May 2005

Teams named tonight for the NSW City v Country Origin match at Lismore on May 6:

NSW COUNTRY: Ben Hornby (St George Illawarra) Amos Roberts (Sydney Roosters) Matt King (Melbourne) Matt Cooper (St George Illawarra) Timana Tahu (Parramatta) Scott Hill (Melbourne) Trent Barrett (St George Illawarra) Glenn Morrison (Parramatta) Andrew Ryan (Bulldogs) Steve Simpson (Newcastle) Luke Bailey (St George Illawarra) Danny Buderus (capt, Newcastle) Jason Ryles (St George Illawarra).

Interchange: Ben Creagh (St George Illawarra) Brent Kite (Manly) Anthony Tupou (Sydney Roosters) Preston Campbell (Penrith).

NSW CITY: Brett Hodgson (Wests Tigers) Luke Lewis (Penrith) Mark Gasnier (St George Illawarra) Ryan Cross (Sydney Roosters) Eric Grothe (Parramatta) Braith Anasta (Bulldogs) Matt Orford (Melbourne) Joel Clinton (Penrith) Craig Gower (capt, Penrith) Jason Stevens (Cronulla) Anthony Watmough (Manly) Luke O'Donnell (North Queensland) Steve Menzies (Manly).

Interchange: Reni Maitua (Bulldogs) John Skandalis (Wests Tigers) Mark Riddell (Parramatta) Jason King (Manly).

Boo_

HSC
woow!!! 7 dragons players in total!!! i reckon if Head hadn't of gotton injured today, he would of been on the interchange bench if not on the starting line up...

speaking of today, dragons realli came home in the end!!! but seriously, that first dragons try seriously shouldnt of been awarded, he sooo dropped it...same as hornby's try...i reckon he didnt get it over the line...but ennis's try, the ref's call one, that should of been awarded!!! he so got that ball down, if if their was doubt, they should still of awarded it, casue dragons were attacking side...anyway, tigers should of won that game, they were the better team ~ not that im complaning, but dragons, the way they were playing in the first 60 minutes...

and damn gasnier is awesome!!! haha, hez as much of a freak as blacklock was when he got top tryscorer...but when his nose hit the ground after the flick pass...ouch...

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
didnt they say they will pick test players this time round ? did they back peddle or was it just a brushed suggestion?
does that mean rooney, kimorley, mini, fitzgibbon, ben kennedy, hindmarsh, wing, priddis and waterhouse are safe?

Boo_

HSC
i dnt know, havent heard them saying that, just that those that play in the test-match (aus nz) have a better chance of making nsw-qld origin

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
Constip8edSkunk said:
didnt they say they will pick test players this time round ? did they back peddle or was it just a brushed suggestion?
does that mean rooney, kimorley, mini, fitzgibbon, ben kennedy, hindmarsh, wing, priddis and waterhouse are safe?
nah, no test players are allowed. good to see orford can show his goods, though we'll see how he gels with anasta.

Suney_J

Not a member
HSC
not sure if Jason Stevens will be allowed to play with his wedgie incident

Boo_

HSC
Suney_J said:
not sure if Jason Stevens will be allowed to play with his wedgie incident
for some reason i dnt feel sry for him being on report...i do though for the guy it happened to...*winces*

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
angelduck said:
Congrats to Boderus! EWell deserved captaincy of country side!

I cant believe they lost again! Again!!!

Oh, and just coz theres no room in my sig anymore...

"Whats red and blue and can't climb the ladder?"
haha yeah, it was like 2 premier league squads battling it out today...

telstra must really be regretting advertising its service "as good as the knights" in newcastle...

Boo_

HSC
Constip8edSkunk said:
haha yeah, it was like 2 premier league squads battling it out today...

telstra must really be regretting advertising its service "as good as the knights" in newcastle...
yeah...but for once, itz not false advertising...sry, i really hate telstra...

Suney_J

Not a member
HSC
Boo_ said:
for some reason i dnt feel sry for him being on report...i do though for the guy it happened to...*winces*
I wish he gets a lengthy suspension coz Stevens didnt even make the tackle, he just came in to give him a wedgie and then ran off. Theres not much difference between that and Hoppa's fingering incident

Boo_

HSC
ohwhenthesaints said:
Too many Saints players there.

No injuries please.
i know aye, itz good that they can make the team, but bad cause their could be injuries...im just glad their versing rabbitohs this week...

*mel*

Suney_J said:
I wish he gets a lengthy suspension coz Stevens didnt even make the tackle, he just came in to give him a wedgie and then ran off. Theres not much difference between that and Hoppa's fingering incident

Yeah it's weird isn't it? Stevens acts all religious and stuff off the field, and people see him as a decent guy, but then he thinks it's ok to just go and give players wedgies...

snickerdoodle

year of the dog
HSC
ohwhenthesaints said:
No injuries please.
Too late. Matt Cooper (groin) and Mark Gasnier (wrist) are out of City/Country. They've brought in El Masri and Sherwin...now there's too many Bulldogs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)