NRL Thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bookie

Banned
HSC
Criterium;

1) Has to be a Sharks player (after all, topping the metres count and the tackles count doesn't you any awards, even if you do it for four years in a row), because they deserve an award.
2) Can't be someone good (puts us down to Simmons and Covell)
3) Who the hell wants to see Simmons with an award?

Answer; Covell

snickerdoodle

year of the dog
HSC
nicksta_40 said:
Hooker - Piggy did play well, for his whole 30mins each game b4 his fatpigness sets in
Hahahahahaha. I agree :D

I'm actually a big Cooper fan, but I don't see how everyone's surpassing Gasnier in favour of him. Coop is a solid defender but doesn't have the kind of footowork Gasnier has. He deserved it. Plus Coop is kind of a ball hog.

Random_87

HSC
N/A
snickerdoodle said:
Plus Coop is kind of a ball hog.
I hope that was a typo, cos I rekon Gasnier is the ball hog. Cooper is a better all round player, but Gasniers footwork is amazing (though I hate to say it)

snickerdoodle

year of the dog
HSC
Random_87 said:
I hope that was a typo, cos I rekon Gasnier is the ball hog. Cooper is a better all round player, but Gasniers footwork is amazing (though I hate to say it)
Gasnier is a ball hog as well :D. So is Cooper though, if you watch him closely. They're great centres regardless. SGI will go over the salary cap one day...muahahaha.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
hahhaha gasnier is an amazing ball hog. As soon as he started getting big in the NRL world, he started hogging. How many times has he kept the ball on the last tackle and driven it up? How many times has he made sure he keeps getting the ball? how many times does he drive for the sidelines thinking it's ok if the ball gets turned over.

he signed a remote control i won for me once. yay. his redeeming feature.

it's a team sport.

fornstar

QUEENSLANDER!!!!
HSC
stazi said:
hahhaha gasnier is an amazing ball hog. As soon as he started getting big in the NRL world, he started hogging. How many times has he kept the ball on the last tackle and driven it up? How many times has he made sure he keeps getting the ball? how many times does he drive for the sidelines thinking it's ok if the ball gets turned over.

he signed a remote control i won for me once. yay. his redeeming feature.

it's a team sport.
but than he does a crazy flick pass and colin best gets the ball, runs straight and scores. i rate gasnier over cooper, although they both dont have shit on hodges! :D

davo_

good kid
HSC
I'm gunna be a dick and rate them equal. They're both awesome in attack but I'd say Gasnier probably has a little bit of an edge, Cooper is the better defensive centre though. No doubt that at the moment they are the best two centres in the competition, although I find it unlikely that they will be the Aussie centres. Probably be one of them and Berrigan due to the Bennett influence. (don't get me wrong- I rate Bennett very highly- it just annoys me how some undeserving Broncos make the Australian team - Carroll and Berrigan namely.)

fornstar

QUEENSLANDER!!!!
HSC
davo_ said:
Probably be one of them and Berrigan due to the Bennett influence. (don't get me wrong- I rate Bennett very highly- it just annoys me how some undeserving Broncos make the Australian team - Carroll and Berrigan namely.)
they have been selected for Australia when Bennett wasn't coaching, and Berrigan is currently leading try scorer (i think equal with Slater) who has always been an awesome player when his at centre. sure his form has been off of at late, but i dont see how you could call him undeserving.

and Carroll is a kiwi, but his not bad in an Aussie jersey

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
Random_87 said:
Gaz has a right to be a ball hog. He has the best footwork in the competition, and the number of times that he stands up his man one-on-one is amazing. Watch it closely, and you'll see that he almost always has at least one man in the defensive line beaten.

Coops IS also a ball hog. He never passes it to Wes. It was more successful last season when people weren't prepared for his left-foot step where he slices between the centre and the winger. This season the defence has been ready for it, though, and he has hardly been as effective.

Not that I'm complaining, because even though he hasn't been breaking the line as prolifically, he still has something like 13 or 14 tries for the season.

davo_

good kid
HSC
fornstar said:
they have been selected for Australia when Bennett wasn't coaching, and Berrigan is currently leading try scorer (i think equal with Slater) who has always been an awesome player when his at centre. sure his form has been off of at late, but i dont see how you could call him undeserving.

and Carroll is a kiwi, but his not bad in an Aussie jersey
You're not the sharpest are ya? Berrigan may be leading tryscorer, but guess what... that's tryscorer not centre... Berrigan has no right to be in the Australian team. Carroll is the same, good player- but still not the best his position in Australia... aka.. this means don't be a biased dick...

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
Berrigan's form has dropped, he hasnt scored for the majority of the end of the season. As with Carrol, he's got an amazing work rate and can cause mismatches. He's got good speed for a guy his size, I would have him on my bench as cover for the 2nd row and centres, a bit like Menzies utility wise.

fornstar

QUEENSLANDER!!!!
HSC
davo_ said:
You're not the sharpest are ya? Berrigan may be leading tryscorer, but guess what... that's tryscorer not centre... Berrigan has no right to be in the Australian team. Carroll is the same, good player- but still not the best his position in Australia... aka.. this means don't be a biased dick...
so what do you base being the best centre on??? how many tackles a player makes, how many runs he has, what??? surely being a leading try scorer would give some indication that his good in that position.

so im not being a biased dick, ya dick, im just responding to ignorant comments like and i quote "Probably be one of them and Berrigan due to the Bennett influence. (don't get me wrong- I rate Bennett very highly- it just annoys me how some undeserving Broncos make the Australian team - Carroll and Berrigan namely".

before 2004, Berrigan was playing halfback, so it was impossible for him to make the Australian side because no offence Berrigan, you suck at halfback, even if Bennett was coaching!!! but in the centre's his a gun and hence made the Australian team

and im not saying he should make it this year, but you implied he should never have made it and i think that's not the case

Last edited:

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
He's a class finisher but I dont think he;ll make it as a starting centre in the tri nations, though I could be wrong. I would rather have him on the bench replacing Craig Wing as utility.

davo_

good kid
HSC
fornstar said:
so what do you base being the best centre on??? how many tackles a player makes, how many runs he has, what??? surely being a leading try scorer would give some indication that his good in that position.

so im not being a biased dick, ya dick, im just responding to ignorant comments like and i quote "Probably be one of them and Berrigan due to the Bennett influence. (don't get me wrong- I rate Bennett very highly- it just annoys me how some undeserving Broncos make the Australian team - Carroll and Berrigan namely".

before 2004, Berrigan was playing halfback, so it was impossible for him to make the Australian side because no offence Berrigan, you suck at halfback, even if Bennett was coaching!!! but in the centre's his a gun and hence made the Australian team

and im not saying he should make it this year, but you implied he should never have made it and i think that's not the case
He shouldn't have. I remember watching the first game of the tri-nations last year, Berrigan was the reason Australia only came away with a draw. Don't get me wrong, I don't mean he's not good at centre (obviously as you say, he is leading tryscorer- but get anyone to run of Locky and they're going to score a few tries aren't they?) but he's just not the best; and therefore should never have made the Australian team. From my perspective Hodges and Tate are the two best centres at Brisbane. Hodges in form is one of the best, and Tate when he's not injured is also...But for Brisbane to play with their best team, one of them has to move to the wing, as this is more plausible than putting Berrigan in another position.

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
fornstar said:
fornstar, I reckon you generally have awesome knowledge of NRL. Your posts are normally top notch.

But this thing about Berrigan and Carroll is a little far-fetched.

If Carroll is selected ahead of Kennedy in the number 13 jumper, I'd be screaming blue murder.

Berrigan is, as you say, the leading try-scorer. But I'll put it plain and simply... if Lockyer wasn't in the Broncos side, Berrigan wouldn't have scored half his tries. And just to highlight this point, Lockyer hasn't played in the last three games for Brisbabe... 'lo and behold, Berrigan hasn't scored once.

The best centres in the game at the moment are Gasnier, Cooper, King, Bell (who I think is the most underrated player in the NRL), and then Berrigan. Bowman comes next... he is defensively equal or even better than Coops, but he offers nothing in attack, while Coops does.

Basically, what I'm saying is that if the Australian team was picked tonight, Gasnier and Cooper should be in the centres.

fornstar

QUEENSLANDER!!!!
HSC
DRAGONZ said:
Basically, what I'm saying is that if the Australian team was picked tonight, Gasnier and Cooper should be in the centres.
i totally agree, i was just going on about crap. blind freddy knows they are the two in form centres, just blame my ranting on QLD pride! :D

sorry to all for making you read my shit

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Dang. Changed my tip 3 mins from kick off to the cowboys. Worst decision ever :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)