• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

NRL Thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

shortygb

BOSer #13412
HSC
RanyofuKenyan? said:
Oh and sack Bennet from the Kangaroos and from the Broncos. Fuckin fossil.
no, the selectors should be fired first for choosing the shit ass team...choosing the regfulars isntead of in form players was plain stupid and choosing the "best" players all up, and not the best in each position, as what should happen. It serves us right losing because we chose a team that didnt deserve to win.

Then fire Bennett, a current NRL coach shouldnt also coach rep teams, they put their own teams intrests when choosing their rep side...think anasta in this years nsw side, the coach, and his new club...hmmm.

kimi

C U Next Tuesday.
HSC
N/A
RanyofuKenyan? said:
PMS is teh sex.
PMS = angry, nasty, hold on for your life sex.
Like a tiger....
Do you have a Vagina? Clearly Not. So Shut Up, and i really mean it.

bJ_Bhoy_87 said:
I dont think anyone has mentioned it yet, and sorry to interrupt the spamming, but does anyone else think that Wayne Bennett should be sacked as Test coach? The overall performance from the Kangaroos tour was shithouse, there were a few shifty player selections, and losing a Tri Nations series should not happen. Is it fair to say he should be sacked?
Well, you cant entirely blame Bennett for the shit overall performance- we had alot of our experienced players pull out of the comp beforehand and then heaps of injuries during the test series to several of our best, so there must of been many changes to his plans, probably during the whole series. We had our doubts about specific players, like Tate who in my opinion- played extremely better than what was expected. But it turns out, nearly all the players had put on a bad performace at some stage because they just didnt play well? stick together as a team?(Pfft, im so confusing myself) Thats why i agree though, that he is getting old- his tactics are proving otherwise because NZ and GB are coming onto us. Theyre use to our tactics. I think Bennetts just lost his way of making things flow-players playing efficiently. Hes not covering all areas and just, not doing a good job atm. We need new direction. I would think 24-0 would be an indication of this. BUT, we cant sake him for a years shit work (ithink). Either way, im neutral- cos i dnt care about tri-nations.

SonofabitchesgavewingychestpainswhenhecouldofbeeninHawaii/rant

Last edited:

bJ_Bhoy 87

HSC
I think Bennett should be sacked as coach. In other sports where the team expects no less than being champion, such as the All Blacks in Rugby and across football leagues in Europe, the coach would have been gone by now. I know Bennett is not entirely to blame, but as coach he should be directly accountable for four and a half games of pish out of five. I too thought there were some dubious selections such as Tate, who turned out to be one of the better performers, but the selectors still chose a team that should not go scoreless to NZ, let alone lose to them. Add Bennetts poor form at the Broncos and you can see that he is no longer fit to coach the national squad. Im not buying his nothing lasts forever bullshit after the first loss- it was clear that he was beginning to make excuses for a series that wasnt yet lost. The run of Australian dominance may not run forever, but it sure as hell shouldnt end in 2005. NZ and GB may be improving, but does that mean Australia is not? Sack the coach.

And the U8's match got postponed, Bookie, Freddy the Tinyman for Northsgot a bad nosebleed when he hit the edge of the rink in the pre match warmup, and the match officials deemed it unsafe to play on. Apparently there may be a scandal to come out of it, it looks as if the ice curator sprayed water on the ice beforehand making the ice too slippery. You heard it here first. Back page of the Tele tomorrow.

Midget curling should have a thread of its own, eh?

Bookie

Banned
HSC
kimi said:
No wonder you're so unlucky with the ladies Bookie. You clearly dont understand us if you blame everything we say that is somewhat "angry" as potentially being pms. And no, i dnt have pms atm.
Not really, I think ugliness plays a 90% part.

bj bhoy 87 said:
And the U8's match got postponed, Bookie, Freddy the Tinyman for Northsgot a bad nosebleed when he hit the edge of the rink in the pre match warmup, and the match officials deemed it unsafe to play on. Apparently there may be a scandal to come out of it, it looks as if the ice curator sprayed water on the ice beforehand making the ice too slippery. You heard it here first. Back page of the Tele tomorrow.

Midget curling should have a thread of its own, eh?
Hmmm, as much as gamesmanship it is, you hate to see ANY midget get injured. Doesn't matter if it's your world championship curl, you don't like to see things like hat, and I hope for the best that The Fredmeister gets well soon, I've seen him a few times when I'm on my Curlcrawl, and he's a top midget. And if it really is the curators fault, then he deserves a curling. Hell, I'm prepared to strap on the skates and sit in the wheelchair once more if I need to curl the bitch. Havent got the tele yet, but I'll make sure I do later tonight.

And no, I beleive we need to spread the word about this great game in other threads, and creating a thread of its own wouldnt be supported by the wider community.

Any news on the postponed date though?

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
kimi said:
Stfu. You make it seem like you're the only one who knows its called a World Club Challenge and that Bradford Bulls won Super league. Just because you think you're logically superior than everyone cos you post in more than one sports forum,etc doesnt mean you have the right to make out as if everyone else is stupid in here or doesnt know what theyre talking about. The tone in that post just gave me the shits. Got it.
Thanks, Kim.

No, I'm quite clearly not intellectually above everyone here, but I'll still take a punt and say that I've got a higher IQ than most. Unless the special test I did (and not the fake Internet ones, but a real life one) isn't to be trusted when I was found to be in the top two or three percent, whatever the figure was.

This is not what we should talk about, however. My gripe is that Glenn198718, in taking an interest in his team, should at least know who they are playing against and what the competition is called. And for your information, Glenn, the players who were shafted (O'Neill is probably the one you're most concerned about) are not allowed to play in this.

But anyway, feel free to block my comments on BOS so you can't see them.

bJ_Bhoy 87 said:
does anyone else think that Wayne Bennett should be sacked as Test coach? The overall performance from the Kangaroos tour was shithouse, there were a few shifty player selections, and losing a Tri Nations series should not happen. Is it fair to say he should be sacked?
Yes. In 2004 they were hopeless. In 2005 they were hopeless.

Wayne Bennett, if he had sense about him, would resign before he suffers the humiliation of being sacked.

Look at the team they just lost to. Twice in three matches. This was a New Zealand team minus Benji Marshall, Sonny Bill Williams, Matt Utai, Lesley Vainikolo, and Dene Halatau. And we lost to this team in AUSTRALIA, and then lost to them 24-0 in the final?

Not only does Wayne Bennett have to go, though. The players who were chosen on reputation more than anything else must also be thrown out. Steve Price, Petero Civoniceva, Danny Buderus spring to mind. Craig Fitzgibbon showed nothing in the last ten weeks of the regular season which warranted his selection. The jury's out on O'Donnell, but he's new and deserves another shot.

Get a new coach. Blood new players. Players should play in their BEST positions:
Darren Lockyer MUST be fullback. He is the best in the world.
Anthony Minichiello MUST be on the wing. He is the best in the world.
It is time for Ben Creagh, Dean Young, and Anthony Tupou to be put in the Australian team. Especially the first two. Ben Creagh for Craig Fitzgibbon, and Dean Young for Danny Buderus. Tupou onto the bench for Waterhouse, who has not fulfilled the potential he showcased in Penrith's stellar season of 2003.

Penrith must find a new coach. John Lang should become the Australian one, free from club responsibility (and bias). If Wayne Bennett didn't blatantly showcase bias in the first game of the series when he shoved Waterhouse into the centres and left Lockyer at five-eighth, I'll be damned.

It was also quite interesting to see in the aftermath of Brisbane's lame duck exit from the Telstra Premiership this year, Bennett said that perhaps the time was ripe for him to leave. However, only days later, the whole assistant coaching staff was sacked, and Bennett remained, clearly refusing to take blame for Brisbane's fall from mid-season grace.

Give Wayne Bennett South Sydney to coach instead of the whole of Queensland to choose from, and see how he goes then.

Nevertheless, the result was good for international rugby league. With France's Les Catalans now joining the Super League, thus increasing exposure of rugby league in a union-dominated country, a step is being taken in the right direction. I'd particularly like to see more funding from Australia for Papua New Guinea, as they love rugby league and are rapidly improving. Just before Tri-Nations started, from memory, the Kumuls beat a Junior Kangaroos side featuring Leon Bott, Mickey Paea, Jarrod Mullen, Todd Carney, Beau Champion Buddy Gordon, and Steve Michaels (all have played in first grade) 24-16. Russia and USA are also on the rise, and there remain Greece, Malta and Lebanon etc. Only with improvement in international rugby league can we see a better standard for the game.

As it has stood for many years, the World Cup only ends up being a competition between Britain, Australia and New Zealand, after they all defeat the rest by 70 or 80 points. This is not a competition, it's a mistake.

More funding and development for the lesser countries is the way to go. The top three countries (but more particularly Australia and Britain) have to get heavily involved here.

Anyway, that ends my rant for now on the sad state of affairs that is international rugby league.

Bookie

Banned
HSC
I like those Tickle and Spark tests. I got 148 and 152 respectively for them. I remember there was a Channel 9 thing a couple of years back. I only got 121 then. I think you need an official 140 to get into Mensa. The holy grail of nerds.

Anyway, the fundamental point of this post is

AUSTRALIA SUCK WITHOUT KIMMORLEY

Face it, Andrew Johns is a pussy. Scott Prince cant do shit. I bet Craig Kimmorley (i think the same one that played for the Rams a few years ago) is a happy man because of Noddy's bestmanning. Good man off the field, Nods is. If he gets his head out of his sphincter on the field, then the Sharks would have an easy premiership.

Brett Kimmorley, on his day, is better than Andrew Johns on his day. The only thing is Joey has to play with a bunch of shitwits in the Knights as opposed to Noddy who gets a bunch of skilled players with no heart (the Sharks). Therefore, the magnification of Joeys skills is much larger. However, if you look at the stats, mosts seasons show the Kimmorley has a long kicking fining space average of about 80% [Maingame, last year], while Joeys is about 60% [same source]. Noddy is usually on par or above the average tryasissts per game, but he also scores more tries than most halfbacks [DO NOT take this year as an example]. Noddy's has stellar kicks with which even David Fuckjob Simmons can score a try. He usually has more tackles than the rest of the backs [you guys bag out hsi origin performance, he had the secondmost tackles of any backs i think]. I'm just sticking up for a quality player who's too egotistical, and thats where Joey wins out. Joey knows how to use those around him, while Noddy doesn't. Noddy plays for himself, and he does a great job, but he hardly likes to take a back seat.

Rant over.

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
Brogan, I must admit that it's taken me a while to notice, but when did you turn female?

Should we call you Brogana or something akin to that from now on? Broganette, perhaps?

Bookie

Banned
HSC
yes, the usyd banner does give it away. mind changing that to something like

LuV BrIaNnA!!11!!

And change that avatar as well.

only for a week.

its funny because those two serious replies came from 2005ers who should know bos well by now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)