• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

NRL Thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

lengstar

HSC
hahaha the bulldogs fans are going to be so fucking annoying for the next few months. but a win is a win. god the roosters sucked in the second half!

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
lengstar said:
hahaha the bulldogs fans are going to be so fucking annoying for the next few months. but a win is a win. god the roosters sucked in the second half!
half of the dog fans at the ground were complete wankers...

roosters played the worst half of footy ive seen in the 2nd half.... at least the defence was good, tho flannery was brilliant considering the condition he was in....wing was good also

Tusitula

cute (ugly but adorable)
HSC
are there any home bred roosters juniors in the jersey flegg side? cause thats a joke.

HSC
Not sure about a wesbite, it should be somewhere. There was an article in the SMH the other day which had most gains and losses in it.

You go for the Raiders don't you? You have Withers back

nerd2die4

HSC
Canberra Raiders
GAINS Jason Smith (Hull), Jamie Russo (Souths, mid-season), Craig Frawley (Broncos), Jermaine Ale (Roosters), Bronx Goodwin (Sharks), David Howell (Dragons), Michael Howell (Dragons), Matt Adamson (Leeds)
LOSSES Brad Drew (Huddersfield), James Evans (Huddersfield, mid-season), Ruben Wiki (Warriors), Luke Davico (Wigan), Joel Monaghan (Roosters)
RUMOURED GAINS Lincoln Withers (Dragons)
RUMOURED LOSSES Tyran Smith (Dragons)
RE-SIGNED Michael Robertson, Alan Rothery, Todd Carney

HSC
Lincoln Withers is confirmed. Not sure for how many years though, I think maybe 4? And Tyran Smith is staying, we were looking at an impact 2nd rower as a swap for Linc and we signed Willie Manu.

I dunno I think Raiders will struggle next year unless some of the young guys really step up e.g. Carney and Weyman. Not too sure about them bringing back Jason Smith and Matt Adamson either but I could be wrong. Couple of good young buys in Jermaine Ale and Bronx Goodwin.

nerd2die4

HSC
yeah bronx goodwin is a solid player. he played in the sharks jersey flegg side.

Shifty

Bulldogs 04' Premiers
HSC
nerd2die4 said:
RUMOURED GAINS Lincoln Withers (Dragons)
no longer rumoured, im pretty sure it was confirmed today

Mojoman

Interstellar Overdrive
HSC
N/A
awesome, thanks for that... hmmm... it'll be interesting to see how we go next year without wiki, davico and monaghan
but at least there are some good foundations for the future

HSC
Who are Cronulla's props next year? Stevens, Hutch, Lomu.......???
Forward pack seems like it could be tested for depth next year, and didn't you let Michal Greenfield go to Souths? That kid is a gun

HSC
Mojoman said:
awesome, thanks for that... hmmm... it'll be interesting to see how we go next year without wiki, davico and monaghan
but at least there are some good foundations for the future
Yeah I really see them struggling next year. I heard you were planning on using Jason Smith as halfback??? I reckon Carney has to be given a go there, heaps of talent from what I've seen of him. Withers is a good buy, he was great for us this season. Disappointing we decided to let him go, hopefully Willie Manu can bring some consistency to the Dragons......lol

nerd2die4

HSC
I'm not too upset about greenfield going to souths. we have
stevens - best prop. ever.
hutch - havent seen enough of him too judge
lomu - had an injury this year, but was a top offloader and runner when he was on
nutley - needs to cut down on penalties, other than that he is a workhorse.
galloway - needs to find some mongrel. he is soft.
jon green - recovering from knee surgery, but he is a gun.
newton - dont know why this guy hasnt spent more time in first grade. he has all the mongrel a forward needs, and he's huge. though he sometimes does take his agression a little too far and gets suspended every now and again.

HSC
nerd2die4 said:
we have stevens - best prop. ever.
hahahahahahahahahahahaha

But yeah I agree with you on the others, I rate Lomu he's hard to bring down. Haven't seen Green or Newton. Hutch is pretty good, he's good in attack just needs some work on defence I think. And yeah Galloway hasn't lived up to the raps yet, maybe being part of the junior Kangaroos will help him.

nerd2die4

HSC
why is that funny. if stevens didnt play this year, the sharks would have come last. makes a billion metres every game, offloads at every chance he gets, tackles like a machine and his hitups hurt the defenders. you cant get better than stevo. and im pretty disapointed he was snubbed by aus. selectors, he has been consistantly outstanding for the sharks.

HSC
He may have been valuable to you, but saying that he is the best prop and should have been selected for Australia is ridiculous. Did you see him in his origin game this year? Can't believe he was even picked, he's way past it. When talking with other Saints supporters about which players we would take back in our side e.g. Amos, Gordon, Fitzgibbon, Mundine... Steven's gets a special mention as a player who would not be taken back. Give me Ryles, Bailey, Sims, Poore, Henderson, Norrie, Wheatley anyway day over Stevens. Out of the Australian squad, which prop would you want dropped for Stevens?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)