• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

NRL Thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jiga

Who cares what the hell someone did a couple of years ago...what he may have done back then isn't going to win you the premiership this year.
...and thankyou for providing yet another reason for me to be excited about the upcoming NRL season....because I can't wait to see you have to eat your pathetic words. It will be you that is slayed in 2005.
Ummm yes, but the thing is the guys got talent, Im certain he will still have the ability to produce for the Sharks like he has in previous years. Hes a brick wall in defence, something we need. I wont be eating my words, you will be, along with all you other mislead fans who dont rate the Sharks - I CANT W8

In the meantime, I mite do some reading, oh, wats this, Dogs over the Salary cap AGAIN. Cant they fuckin stay out of the headlines!!!!

"Dog caught in cap dispute
By Adam Hawse
January 23, 2005

A TELEVISION commercial featuring Sonny Bill Williams has landed rugby league's rising star in a salary cap storm that could see the Bulldogs fined.

NRL salary cap auditor Ian Schubert has written to the Bulldogs seeking answers on why Williams' payment for his role in the commercial for Gatorade - drink sponsor for the Bulldogs - was not disclosed by the club.

The Bulldogs, seeking answers themselves, say they didn't know about the advertisement.

But Schubert made it clear at the annual conference last month that it is the responsibility of each club to inform the NRL of any third-party sponsorship arrangement with players.

It is also written in the standard NRL players' contract that the individual must inform his club of any such sponsorship.

The timing is particularly poor for the premiers, who are trying to sign Williams to a new contract.

NRL chief executive David Gallop confirmed a letter had gone to both the Bulldogs and Gavin Orr, the manager of Williams.

Bulldogs chief executive Malcolm Noad admitted if Williams' payment is included as part of the salary cap, the limit of $3.25million could be breached.

A source said Williams received up to $50,000 for the ad.

"We're in the process of trying to get details on it ourselves and we'll pass it on to the NRL," Noad said last night.

"We've been talking to Ian Schubert about it for a couple of weeks.

"The commercial has been on air since around Christmas and the first we knew about it was when we saw it on television.

"We're still waiting for the details from Sonny's management team.

"I'm not sure how much money it is. I don't believe it's a lot, there's only one commercial involved, so I don't think it's a major long-term contract.

"But it does have the potential to push us over the cap."

Orr, of Pacific Sports Management, did not return calls from The Sunday Telegraph.

Gatorade is not only drinks sponsor for the Bulldogs but also a product of Cadbury Schweppes - a significant sponsor of the Bulldogs.

The advertisement with Williams, who will be the most highly sought-after player on the market this year, also features Australian fast bowler Brett Lee.

The NRL is particularly vigilant against any payment from club sponsors.

Before the NRL cracked down on enforcing the cap, large payments to players to appear in advertisements for sponsors was a way for clubs to circumvent the salary cap.

The Bulldogs had hoped the days of salary-cap breaches were behind them, after rorts by former management saw the team stripped of 37 competition points and drop from premiership favourites to wooden-spooners in 2002."

Jiga

Forget waiting for the start of the season, Schoolies, because you have been "slayed" right here by ohwhenthesaints. For this reason, I think that you should just give up your arguing right now while you are behind. You have been "slayed" so many times that your opinion is surely worth nothing to anyone in here anymore.
Its great to see that some of us in here are unbiased and know their shit....unlike you Schoolies.
These are the words of someone who has been 'slayed'. I know my shit, I know alot about my club and others. Its you ppl who know lots about your own club but nothing about clubs like the Sharks, so you revert to saying they will be 'fringe 8 side'.

Your opinion wont be worth much with such small-minded ppl, my team will do the talking for me this year, and I will jsut sit back and laugh at ppl like Matt#1 and Ohwhenthesaints

Jiga

snickerdoodle said:
Are you serious? The Sharks are going to slaughter the Panthers. Right. In what universe? Even if the Sharks pull off some superhuman win it'll be by one try at the most. The Panthers are 5 times better than the Sharks on paper (and I don't even go for them).

Are you saying that the Sharks are unbeatable? Because that's a very strong feeling to have before the season starts. You haven't even seen your team play together yet. How can you be so sure they'll gel anyway?
In another universe? Was I in one when the Sharks had like a 20 point lead on them last year but eventually lost it (NOTE: The wind in both halves was behind the Panthers and blowing very strongly)

Im not saying the Sharks are unbetable, I jus think they will go well this year

HSC
Schoolies_2004 said:
The accomplishment lies in what side beat them, Sharks PL
And I'm you'll still be proud of your accomplishment when your FG side loses to them as well as most other teams this year

Schoolies_2004 said:
And your not biased?
In what way? I have mentioned Gasnier and Cooper as two of the best centres in the game. Personally I'd like to think I'd rate them the same no matter who they played for. Considering I rate Tonga as up there with them and they are one of my most hated teams I don't see your point.

Schoolies_2004 said:
Vagana will go better this year without injury (hopefully), Mellor should go ok however their is a question mark due to his age, nevertheless hes strong in defence and Goldie although abit of a weakness in defence has some good speed in attack. I wont deny the merged scum have it over us in 1st grade centres, but depth wise, Id say we are equal. Not that it matters, Scum George could have the best centres in the game but still lose, it isnt easy with a waterboy as a coach.
LOL. Ok, maybe coming from a Cheats or Rorters fan... Despite their cheating at least they have won and have something to back them up. But coming from a Scummer, surely you must see the funny side? I know I do and I'm sure most others would too...

Schoolies_2004 said:
It wont be the first time a team comes out from nowhere and has a good season, just look in recent history, the Panthers, come out fro being last to win the Premiership.
If anyone was to do something similar this year... possibly the Warriors have the potential to... definitely not the Scum.

Schoolies_2004 said:
As for our JF players, I cant remeber their names unfortunately, not that it matters, until they have played 1st grade, along with any other youngsters in any other side its quite pety to consider them as 'depth' in a side.
You're an idiot...

Seriously.

Jiga

Lol, your not biased. Your obviously a TYPICAL merged scum supporter who has something personal against the Sharks.

And I'm you'll still be proud of your accomplishment when your FG side loses to them as well as most other teams this year
Not biased is this? We will lose to 'most other teams this year'. Uhuh...

rate Tonga as up there with them and they are one of my most hated teams I don't see your point.
Being biased doesnt mean you dont rate other sides, your biased in the fact that you knock every player at the Sharks. We could ahve Andrew Johns and you would say hes shit.

If anyone was to do something similar this year... possibly the Warriors have the potential to... definitely not the Scum.
Yep...

You're an idiot...

HSC
Schoolies_2004 said:
These are the words of someone who has been 'slayed'. I know my shit, I know alot about my club and others. Its you ppl who know lots about your own club but nothing about clubs like the Sharks, so you revert to saying they will be 'fringe 8 side'.

Your opinion wont be worth much with such small-minded ppl, my team will do the talking for me this year, and I will jsut sit back and laugh at ppl like Matt#1 and Ohwhenthesaints
This is quite funny. We only know about our own clubs? You don't even know about your JF players, who you are so proud of for making the GF, let alone anything about any other teams.

You really don't know much about anything do you?

Jiga

OMG I dont know my JF players, most ppl wouldnt. All I care about is first grade, and I know alot about what matters -> First Grade

Just replying to snickerdoodle again, I think the Sharks have a good chance of beating Penrith, have a look at their player movements, I cant even begin to imagine what the Panthers will be like this year. Also funny is the fact certain ppl here rated Panthers as like top 4 considering this below:

PANTHERS

Gains:
Paul Franze (Cronulla);
Michael Roberts (Tweed Heads);
Luke Dyer (Melbourne).

Losses:
Ryan Girdler, Martin Lang (retired);
Paul Whatuira (Wests Tigers);
Amos Roberts, Richard Fa'asos (Sydney Roosters);
Luke Harlen (Cronulla);
Jesse Royal (Newcastle).

Jiga

Also, although I still think Stain George will be competitive, their player movements dont look to favourable either, alot of good players leaving and some PL quality players joining

DRAGONS

Gains:
Michael Ennis (Newcastle);
Albert Torrens (Manly);
Colin Best (Hull).

Losses:
Mark Riddell, Henry Perenara (Parramatta);
Brent Kite (Manly),
Nathan Blacklock (Hull);
Brett Firman (Sydney Roosters);
Lincoln Withers, David Howell, Michael Howell (Canberra);
Tony Jensen, Nathan Long, Willie Leyshon, John Carlaw (released).

HSC
Schoolies_2004 said:
Lol, your not biased. Your obviously a TYPICAL merged scum supporter who has something personal against the Sharks.
I despise the Scum. I also hate the Rorters and Bullcheats. Still don't understand your point?

Schoolies_2004 said:
Being biased doesnt mean you dont rate other sides, your biased in the fact that you knock every player at the Sharks. We could ahve Andrew Johns and you would say hes shit.
I knock every player at the Sharks because they deserve knocking. Sullivan is quite a good player, but you all go on about him like he's God, therefore we knock him. Same with your side. You are claiming them to be a great side, therefore they will get knocked.

Still waiting to get slayed... once... about anything at all.

Don't think it's going to happen...

snickerdoodle

year of the dog
HSC
Schoolies_2004 said:
Schoolies_2004 said:
In another universe? Was I in one when the Sharks had like a 20 point lead on them last year but eventually lost it (NOTE: The wind in both halves was behind the Panthers and blowing very strongly)

Just replying to snickerdoodle again, I think the Sharks have a good chance of beating Penrith, have a look at their player movements, I cant even begin to imagine what the Panthers will be like this year.
Again with the excuses. If I remember correctly, the wind was behind the Sharks against the Bulldogs (second game) in the second half, and they still lost. And what was it, gale force? Blame your team, not the wind.

I don't think those are such big losses anyway. Girds and Lang were getting on in years and Fatz didn't play that well last year anyway. The only big loss to the Panthers is Roberts, but when you have Lewis, Rooney and Pritchard it doesn't seem like that big of a loss. Waterhouse, Pridis and Clinton can handle any team and Gower is always a first choice halfback. Even I'm willing to admit they'll give the Doggies trouble. We'll pull through, but I don't think there will be slaughtering from either side - and this is premiers vs top 4 team.

HSC
Schoolies_2004 said:
Also, although I still think Stain George will be competitive, their player movements dont look to favourable either, alot of good players leaving and some PL quality players joining

DRAGONS

Gains:
Michael Ennis (Newcastle);
Albert Torrens (Manly);
Colin Best (Hull).

Losses:
Mark Riddell, Henry Perenara (Parramatta);
Brent Kite (Manly),
Nathan Blacklock (Hull);
Brett Firman (Sydney Roosters);
Lincoln Withers, David Howell, Michael Howell (Canberra);
Tony Jensen, Nathan Long, Willie Leyshon, John Carlaw (released).
Of course it's not fucking favourable. The salary cap has hit us hard as it always seems to do. That's why it pisses me off to see the Rorters replacing their unwanted players with the best players on the market... continually. Not to mention raping all the weaker clubs of their junior talent.

Jiga

Again with the excuses. If I remember correctly, the wind was behind the Sharks against the Bulldogs (second game) in the second half, and they still lost. And what was it, gale force? Blame your team, not the wind.

I don't think those are such big losses anyway. Girds and Lang were getting on in years and Fatz didn't play that well last year anyway. The only big loss to the Panthers is Roberts, but when you have Lewis, Rooney and Pritchard it doesn't seem like that big of a loss. Waterhouse, Pridis and Clinton can handle any team and Gower is always a first choice halfback. Even I'm willing to admit they'll give the Doggies trouble. We'll pull through, but I don't think there will be slaughtering from either side - and this is premiers vs top 4 team.
You cant use the Dogs v Sharks game as anything, BOTH sides had it with and against, there is no adv in that. Nevertheless, the wind was stronger when the Sharks were against it, I was there so I should know.

In the Penrith game however, the Sharks played against it in both halves. They chose to play against in 1st half, got a 20 point lead, but during the half time break the wind turned 180. It was still the players fault for giving the lead away but as they say, the wind costs you points, it was like a 18 point wind, we defied the odds in the first half but couldnt in the second when we should have had the odds wif us.

So yea, not excuses, FACT.

HSC
Schoolies_2004 said:
You cant use the Dogs v Sharks game as anything, BOTH sides had it with and against, there is no adv in that. Nevertheless, the wind was stronger when the Sharks were against it, I was there so I should know.

In the Penrith game however, the Sharks played against it in both halves. They chose to play against in 1st half, got a 20 point lead, but during the half time break the wind turned 180. It was still the players fault for giving the lead away but as they say, the wind costs you points, it was like a 18 point wind, we defied the odds in the first half but couldnt in the second when we should have had the odds wif us.

So yea, not excuses, FACT.
For your sake as much as ours....

Please stop.

Jiga

Shut up idiot. So saying that the Sharks had gale force wins against them in both halves, yet still put up a good fight against a top side is making up excuses for a loss.

Isnt there a shower somwhere waiting for you to shit in it :rolleyes:

HSC
Schoolies_2004 said:
Shut up idiot. So saying that the Sharks had gale force wins against them in both halves, yet still put up a good fight against a top side is making up excuses for a loss.
Correct.

Schoolies_2004 said:
Isnt there a shower somwhere waiting for you to shit in it :rolleyes:
Yes think so, brb.

matt#1

HSC
N/A
ohwhenthesaints said:
Hahahahahahaha

Missed this whole argument unfortunately, would have loved to participate, but it was no doubt one of the funniest things I've read.

LOL
hehe...you haven't missed a thing because this argument is still going. When is this Schoolies guy ever going to give up? :confused:

Jiga

I cant give up whilst you ignorant ppl have such a low view of the Sharks, for now I will talk them up, once the season starts they will do the talking

And as for ohwhenthesaints matt#1, its funny how your nose is firmly wedged up his arse, he has personal issues against the Sharks, and has stated himself that 'every' sharks player is shit - but hes not bias according to you and everything he says is gospel. Hes a typcial stupid Stain supporter, due to local rivalry they turn stupid.

A highlight of his replys

I knock every player at the Sharks because they deserve knocking. Sullivan is quite a good player, but you all go on about him like he's God, therefore we knock him. Same with your side. You are claiming them to be a great side, therefore they will get knocked
And then you quote him from a previous page, get of da drugs m8 and start seeing clearly - Sharks will rip it up this year!

matt#1

HSC
N/A
Schoolies_2004 said:
And as for ohwhenthesaints matt#1, its funny how your nose is firmly wedged up his arse, he has personal issues against the Sharks, and has stated himself that 'every' sharks player is shit -

I don't really think that the Sharks are "shit" ok....and i've said on countless occasions that they could make the top 8. I have just been saying that out of retaliation to your constant biased comments about the sharkies being the best. Still, you are delusional if you think that they will win the premiership this year. I think that you had better lay off the drugs yourself.

Also, if anyone is a brown-nose in here, it is you. Your nose is so far up the sharkies' arses that you can't see or learn anything about the other 14 teams in the comp. This explains why you can't possibly speak anything bar shark bias.

HSC
Schoolies_2004 said:
I cant give up whilst....
I thought you had given up??? Isn't that why you stopped replying to my posts? Don't worry, no shame in admitting you were wrong and just moving on...

Schoolies_2004 said:
And as for ohwhenthesaints matt#1, its funny how your nose is firmly wedged up his arse, he has personal issues against the Sharks, and has stated himself that 'every' sharks player is shit - but hes not bias according to you and everything he says is gospel. Hes a typcial stupid Stain supporter, due to local rivalry they turn stupid.
You haven't proved anything I've said wrong. You've said you disagree then made some ridiculous claim about the Scum, but have no evidence, and certainly no credibility.

Mate I hate the Bullcheats with a passion too. The difference is that you're a fuckwit whereas matt#1 is a decent supporter who knows what he's talking about. FFS you're the one talking up a premiership... his team just won it and isn't talking it up nearly as much. Think about it...

Jiga

I don't really think that the Sharks are "shit" ok....and i've said on countless occasions that they could make the top 8. I have just been saying that out of retaliation to your constant biased comments about the sharkies being the best. Still, you are delusional if you think that they will win the premiership this year. I think that you had better lay off the drugs yourself.

Also, if anyone is a brown-nose in here, it is you. Your nose is so far up the sharkies' arses that you can't see or learn anything about the other 14 teams in the comp. This explains why you can't possibly speak anything bar shark bias.
Constant bias comments, pffft.......I have said that other sides have good players etc, but I also say that my side has good players, thats not bias at all. Being Bias would be for me to say that the Sharks have a gun side and the best players in the comp and every1 else is shit - which I dont. There is a clear distinction between talking your players whilst still rating others and being bias. As for the Premiership, as any decent supporter, I think they will win, and with good reason, its shaping up to be a good side on paper with depth, something we havent had the luxury of in previous years. I can easily refer to season 2004 and how we lost Noddy for 2 months, in this period we won like 2 games, if it wasnt for that the Sharks would have easily made the top 8 - with a ordinary side. Yet, this year with a very good side your of the opinion the Sharks will be fringe 8 side, lol.

I can talk lots about the SHarks, as you would expect from a SUPPORTER of them, but I also know a great deal about other sides. The funny thing in your comment is that its hypocritical, it is in fact you who knows jack shit about the Sharks, so in your small-minded world you just pass them off as being a crap side, when the fact is its a new side, which has finally got a decent coach, and the coach has had the off-season this time to prepare the players and the team now has depth. All these things were non-existant last year and in previous years. As for speaking nothing bar the sharks, well that is generall what supporters do, but when required (Eg about Stain George centres) I do give credit where credit is deserved.

I thought you had given up??? Isn't that why you stopped replying to my posts? Don't worry, no shame in admitting you were wrong and just moving on
Why have I given up - or is it that you want me to give up cos your fighting a losing battle? I havent stopped replying to your posts, but if you want to think that in your mind so you get personal gratififcation then do so.

You haven't proved anything I've said wrong. You've said you disagree then made some ridiculous claim about the Scum, but have no evidence, and certainly no credibility.
Yes, Ive made ridiculous claims with no evidence :rolleyes: You are the one who has no credibility, any logical person would see this. How can you beat someone who is delusional to the extent where he believes all SHark players are shit - But your not biased, lol. This isnt biased at all, and this doesnt show that you personally dislike the Sharks :

I knock every player at the Sharks because they deserve knocking. Sullivan is quite a good player, but you all go on about him like he's God, therefore we knock him. Same with your side. You are claiming them to be a great side, therefore they will get knocked

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)