• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

NRL Thread (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

whitie

HSC
Mojoman said:
A Raiders game on tv? hahahahaha.. it wont happen. Even though its manly vs raiders next week, the top 2 teams at the moment, im willing to bet that it wont be on free to air.
It happened last year. But only because it was a friday match so there were no other matches to broad cast. Even though it was Penrith vs Raiders im pretty sure if they had the option to broadcast any other game for eg warriors and storm even thought neither are from Sydney they would broadcast them...just to shit on the Raiders! :mad: fuckin channel 9

*mel*

Boo_ said:
well therez always a first time for everything. before this season, dragons hadn't lost 4 games in a row. and what are they currently on again...???
I'm trying to be brave for my lil Roosters here! It's so cute - Ricky Stuart sent an email to all the fans who have subscribed at the website saying to have faith in the team and not turn our back on em.
So that's what im doing - having faith!! Luke Ricketson will lead em to a victorious victory. =P

Hey whitie - go to the game... unless it's in Canberra... ummm well i wanna go anyway. I haven't been to a footy game since last year when Roosters beat Cowboys in the semis. Well u can get Fox (OH i wish i had it!!) or listen to it on the radio. That's what i do - i put on my jersey and get my roosters beanie and flag and Roosters teddy and Roosters rooster and listen to it.
Yes i know, who cares! I'm sad i know...

GO ROOSTERS!!!!

*mel*

Mojoman said:
A Raiders game on tv? hahahahaha.. it wont happen. Even though its manly vs raiders next week, the top 2 teams at the moment, im willing to bet that it wont be on free to air.
Hey Mojoman i thinks ur right. I just had a look on nrl.com and they ain't broadcasting it. Instead it's gonna be broncos vs dragons.
Yeah that's pretty shitty isn't it? Teams that are coming 10th and last being on tv, but 1st and 2nd aren't...

Mojoman

Interstellar Overdrive
HSC
N/A
saw that comin a mile away... channel nine are fucked, there was two raiders games all last year, rd 3 against the panthers and the semi-final against the roosters.

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
That was like Warriors when they won the minor premiership in 2003, they got 2 games live i think.

yenta

veyron <3
HSC
Mojoman said:
Yeah that's cos they schedule the TV games 4 weeks in advance. 4 weeks ago did anyone think manly and raiders would be at the top??

Boo_

HSC
**MeL**88 said:
Hey Mojoman i thinks ur right. I just had a look on nrl.com and they ain't broadcasting it. Instead it's gonna be broncos vs dragons.
Yeah that's pretty shitty isn't it? Teams that are coming 10th and last being on tv, but 1st and 2nd aren't...
yeah, cause they timetable in the games a few weeks in advance. so first five rounds would of been decided before the season even started. and for a few rounds after that im thinking it was cause ch9 were saying that they were just lucky wins (no offense) and timetabled games they think ppl want to see.

anyway, dragons vs broncos...im not complaining, GO DRAGONS!!! You need to win a game!!!

what ever happened to WIN stadium being a fortress...

*mel*

Boo_ said:
cause ch9 were saying that they were just lucky wins (no offense) and timetabled games they think ppl want to see.
Yeah I kinda agree. I mean taking nothing away from Raiders or Manly, but we should remember that they have both already had byes, so actually that have won just as many games as Storm, Cowboys and Sharks.

Hey but does Canberra get the same games on tv as we do? Or do they get Raiders when they play?

M | |< E

HSC
Manly will just about feature their full strength side for the first time this season against the Dragons this weekend. If the Dragons play good I'll expect them to win but if their form is similar to previous matches they could receive their most embarassing scoreline this season yet.

The Sharks still haven't convinced me that they will come good this year. Their defense was great on the weekend but lets face it, how many teams would have beaten the Bulldogs with the way they played on the weekend? They basically turned the ball over consistently throughout the match with an amazing amount of passes and offloads being thrown towards Sharks players and a terrible game altogether. A good team would have put at least 40 against them.

Jiga

The Sharks still haven't convinced me that they will come good this year. Their defense was great on the weekend but lets face it, how many teams would have beaten the Bulldogs with the way they played on the weekend? They basically turned the ball over consistently throughout the match with an amazing amount of passes and offloads being thrown towards Sharks players and a terrible game altogether. A good team would have put at least 40 against them.
Hahahah, I agree we havent played well, but hey, weve beaten some good sides playin crap, imagine how good we will be when we are playing good. In regards to the Dogs game, we had the potential to put 50 points on them, but your not factoring in one critical factor, the 33 degree heat! Thats what caused the majority of msitakes, the last 15 mins of the first and second halves were wasted as a result of heat exhaustion

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
The New Zealand Warriors have expressed strong interest in signing former world boxing champion Anthony Mundine, who wants to resurrect his football career by returning to rugby league this year.

http://www.smh.com.au/news/Sport/Warriors-keen-to-chat-to-Mundines/2005/04/07/1112815666379.html

He'll give us even more x-factor if he signs, probaly on a match by match performance based contract. He's a trouble maker, but i think with Ruben Wiki and Steven Price showing him who's boss he'll stay out of trouble.

*mel*

Oh God Anthony Mundine! Can there be anyone more up themselves??!?
Please Ricky Stuart keep him away from the Roosters. And how dare he imply that he was better than Brad Fittler on the Footy Show yesterday. Ooh it just makes me wanna be sick. Yuck!!

snickerdoodle

year of the dog
HSC
Seeing Anthony Mundine on the Footy Show made me laugh. He probably realised he won't win his next fight and is looking for alternatives to boxing. Although I will enjoy watching opposing teams trying to knock his block off if he plays again.

This has been one of the hardest tipping rounds ever! Everythings so unpredictable. Ah well, at least the Doggies will be getting 2 points this week (it's been a while since we have, let me enjoy it even though it is the bye). Looking forward to the weekend, anyway :D.

mizz_smee

has a fetish 4 handcuffs
HSC
**MeL**88 said:
Oh God Anthony Mundine! Can there be anyone more up themselves??!?
no i think his ego is as big as it can get.
he shits me... i dont want him to come back
especially to the roosters
warriors would be okay... at least then he wouldnt be in the country :D

Smokey_22

the member
HSC
mizz_smee said:
no i think his ego is as big as it can get.
he shits me... i dont want him to come back
especially to the roosters
warriors would be okay... at least then he wouldnt be in the country :D

He'll never be as good as he used to be. His best bet would be to fight Danny Green at the end of the year, take the money and retire while he's comparitively ahead.

*mel*

Smokey_22 said:
He'll never be as good as he used to be.
Yeah I reckon!! And omg what the hell was that: "IT'll be like the ressurection... of the man!"

Oh get over yourself dickhead!

Suney_J

Not a member
HSC
Schoolies_2004 said:
Anyone hear about how some of the doggies had mumps or something, as a result the entire cronulla side had to get checked out. Dirty bulldogs, if a player has an infectious disease and they let him play knowing about it, they should be severly fined.
They found out on monday, the game was on sunday. You should be fined for ur stupidity

Boo_ said:
itz not what he has done, but what everyone is doing to him, i.e. the media. they hype him up so much, and then he gets injured therez a huge article on it. yet players always get injured, and their hardly mentioned
then why the fuck do u hate him? hate the media but not him, he's not the one writing the articles. he hates the attention. how many interviews have u seen him do?

copious said:
Anyway, I dont see why there are so many Sonny Bill haters. What has he done ? he's not the least bit arrogant, nor does he play dirty. He's a unique athlete that dominates most defenses with a killer offload and centre like footwork, and alot of anti bulldogs supporters just hate him because he's good and he plays for the bulldogs. If he was in Souths or even if he stayed in NZ with the warriors, it would probaly be a different story.
its coz he's a Bulldog
how can ppl not appreciate his talent, the guy is a freak.

copious said:
The New Zealand Warriors have expressed strong interest in signing former world boxing champion Anthony Mundine, who wants to resurrect his football career by returning to rugby league this year.
i dont mind his return, i think he's good for the game, and i think the roosters will sign him for 2 reasons: 1. The salary cap doesnt apply to him and thus the roosters will exploit that and 2. they need a 5/8

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)