NRL Thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
Being completely unbiased here, Fittler is underrated in general. He's very overshadowed by great players such as Johns and Lockyer, which kills me as a Roosters fan. Personally, I say he needs this to go out on a high.

Dragons are not premiership material. They'll choke with injuries, just because they beat Souths, Tigers and Manly doesn't mean they'll make it to the GF. Anyone can beat those teams.

billbro

HSC
N/A
Loz#1 said:
Being completely unbiased here, Fittler is underrated in general. He's very overshadowed by great players such as Johns and Lockyer, which kills me as a Roosters fan. Personally, I say he needs this to go out on a high.

Dragons are not premiership material. They'll choke with injuries, just because they beat Souths, Tigers and Manly doesn't mean they'll make it to the GF. Anyone can beat those teams.

Dragons are not premiership material? You have got to be joking, they are a side I believe who are coming second in terms of premierships. Of course we will choke under injuries so does every other team, I would like to see what would happen to the Roosters if they lost all their star players.

The basis of the Dragons getting into the finals is not only on them smashing other sides (plus tigers have been playing well this season) but on the quality of the football they are playing this season and on the players. Dragons have a much better side this season and they are playing great football just because we were unlucky last year with injuries and similiarly this year does not mean we are not in contention. Comparitively even with our injured side we are a match for any team with a strong backline and forward pack which is only emphasised in our domination in terms of players in Origin.

So I disagree with your assessment of the Dragons because what can you fault them about this season? Besides being unlucky and losing players such as the likes of bailey and blacklock .

vegeta_316

Just wanna say I'm a Dragons fan and I agree with billbro all the way. They are definitely big premiership contenders. The injury toll on the Dragons star players in the past have been a blessing in disguise as they now have IMO the best depth of reserves to call on in the comp because of it. Young guys like Ashton Simms, Ben Creagh, Matty Head, Reece Simmonds, Dean Young have all gained from the experience they've gotten this year and last year. If it weren't for the injuries to star players, these guys wouldn't have gotten the amount of game time that they have and wouldn't have made such immense progress. They're all brilliant young players and with nearly all their star players back, they will be the strongest team in the comp IMO. Their biggest test will be the next 2 weeks when they take on the roosters and broncos. If they pick up those two wins...watch out. We'll have new premiership favourites IMO.

billbro

HSC
N/A
Seems like the Cowboys may beat the Roosters....

Yes, the next two weeks will be a testing period and its unfortunate that six players have to come back from Origin. Hopefully all six players will come out of State of Origin unscathed and we should prevail in the following weeks.

Last edited:

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
Billbro, you can disagree with me, each to their own I say. But like I said, beating Souths, Tigers and Manly doesn't guarantee a place in the finals.

neonazi

why did i pick the tigers this week????? once again they played shocking.
can anyone tell me why they have suddenly gone crap???

and yes i do have a problem with fittler. im a nsw supporter but i think that his inclusion in these origin games is setting a bad precedent for times to come, because he retired and now it seems that he can be picked no matter the circumstance. barrett and hill have been playin so much better than him and orford has been the best halfback over the last few weeks. stop pickin the bloody old guys and get these new players who r goin better in the team.

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
I need Manly to win today. If Manly win, my weekend will be fucking made!

What about Langer? Did you have a problem when Langer was picked for QLD, putting all bias aside of course?

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
Loz#1 said:
I need Manly to win today. If Manly win, my weekend will be fucking made!

What about Langer? Did you have a problem when Langer was picked for QLD, putting all bias aside of course?
hmm the langer scenario was a little different. QLD didnt have a rich choice of halfbacks and 5/8's to choose from. from memory it was daniel wagon and paul green as the play makers and lockyer was still playing fullback in those days. they didnt have scott prince back then either. So i guess people didnt have a problem with Alfy being re-called to fill the void of Daniel Wagon.

The fittler scenario is different, there are guys like Scott Hill and Matt Orford in the best form of the careers and they aernt being given a fair go. Just my two cents.

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
No, they don't have as much choice but that doesn't mean they didn't have someone playing in the NRL competition at the time.

Yeah, I'm not saying it isn't fair. I honestly don't think freddy should be playing Origin, I agree Orford or Hill could easily do the job. But Gould has a major influence in Fittler's recall, I don't think all the criticism should be dumped on Freddy.

Anyways, I'm just happy Roosters won and that the origin in this week.

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
No I didn't put Manly, but I want them to win. Hate the dogs and if they lose, Chooks will be 4 points ahead and clear leaders.

I can't remember if I tipped the knights or the sharks, but I know I tipped broncos.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Go the dragons! :D

The storm are bloody exciting footballers as well. Storm vs Dragons final would be awesome again. Both attacking football teams

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
Storm are 3rd at the moment, that's quite suprising. They're actually the top attacking team.

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
Loz#1 said:
No I didn't put Manly, but I want them to win. Hate the dogs and if they lose, Chooks will be 4 points ahead and clear leaders.

I can't remember if I tipped the knights or the sharks, but I know I tipped broncos.

Ah, now l see.

I picked broncos and l think l picked knights.

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
I always forget who I tip. I gotta start writing them down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)